Chapter 34
757 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Okay, kinda hoped you would." Tang Yin said and picked up the stones on the floor and observed them. They looked perfectly normal, if not for the small shining veins running through them and glowing in different colors underneath the flickering lights coming from the outside.

"They are beautiful.", she noticed and looked at the Grandmaster, "What are they for?"

"They contain spirit rings; it is like a lottery draw; some contain ten-year-old ones, some ten-thousand-year-old ones, you could get anything and any ability you want.", The Grandmaster explained carefully touching the stones in whonder. "I only ever heard of their existance, never have I seen them." He looked at Jiang.
"Nine moon death dragon...you are gravekeeper." He concluded.

"And they come from the graveyard. Do they absorb the rings from the death spirit beasts?" Tang San asked the Grandmaster, who nodded in agreement.

Tang Yin looked at the Stone and smiled, "I want to try; how does a person absorb the ring inside?"

The Grandmaster raised his Hands in defeat, so she looked towards Jiang, who let out warm air and pointed at the Stone, "You break it. The rest depends on yourself, little girl. The old human males' plan is not bad, but it won't save you."

"Okay." Tang Yin stared at the Stone and looked around. If she could find anything with that, she could break it; her sword, maybe, but would it be a good idea? It was not made for hitting mythical spirit stone thingies.

"Ah, humans, you are so pathetically weak sometimes. Come here." he held up a claw, and Tang Yin placed the Stone underneath it; he tipped it, and the last thing she saw was a slight smile on his lips.

"Survive, little one.", he said, and she was engulfed by unknown darkness.

A pipe was next to her, and she felt like she could see something again, a faint light beyond her closed eyes. Opening them, she found herself on a bed and a sterile room.

Hospital.

She registered and tried to move her head, but no chance; she couldn't. Then, above her, two blurry faces said something; she knew they were important, maybe a lost memory. She tried to understand, but it was all wrapped up, garbled mixed nonsense. She opened her mouth but couldn't speak. She felt her body but could not move, her brain worked dreadfully slow, and she couldn't even understand what those familiar people were saying.

A chill moved up her spine, and she looked to the window. A giant fang-bearing eight-legged spider was there. It flickered with its fangs and moved closer on hairy black legs. Panic rose inside her; she wanted to run, run away as fast as she liked, but she could not. The spider came closer and closer. The people did not see it, and she wanted to scream at them, but only silence came from her mouth.

No, no, no, fighting to move her body refused cooperation until the spider was directly above her and looking downwards with her deep blackish eyes. Damn it, she couldn't do anything, and those morons did not see, not have spirit weapons.

Weapon, wait. She moved her right and tried to summon a blade above the spider. Under extreme Pain, the Pain you felt when a muscle was long unused, a silvery glow appeared above the spiders head and herself.

The sword slowly condensed out of the smoke, and it seemed to mock her with its slowness that had her almost screaming in frustration. Damn, it was her spirit, a weapon; it was supposed to listen to her and be real, for god's sake, faster before this spider ended her pitiful existence. The word had finally condensed and floated above their heads, and she signed a breath of relief as she simply sent off straight down, piercing the spider's brain that was in the way.

Now that's how you deal with nasty stuff while being bedridden; the blurry faces slowly took on a more concrete form, someone she knew as well as her Brother.

19