Chapter 48
300 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Sure, let's go." Jiang held out a hand, and Tang Yin took it when suddenly he started glowing, and he threw her through the air.

"Hold on." He said as she clung to the spikes on his neck.

"Are you sure about that? I intended a walk, not flying." She shouted, surprised from the top, and earned a mischievous snicker.

"Who wants to take a walk when you can fly," Jiang said. "Hold on tight and try not to fall off. Although I'd catch you if you do."

"Yeah, sure, no need for that experience." She muttered and felt Jiang readying himself. The smooth muscles moved until he suddenly leaped into the air. She let out a small scream holding on for her dear life when suddenly, they were high up and the flight smooth. His large wings beat as they head straight for the clouds. The air got thinner, but Tang Yin was fine. Soon they were steadily gliding in the air; the world underneath them small as it passed by.

"This is incredible!" she shouted excitedly, looking down from his back, still clinging to the spikes.

"Ah, I was sure you would like it. Wait up; I can show you an amazing place." He said, and his wings beat stronger, and the wind ripped at her clothes; she started laughing, even if they were only flying straight. It felt a bit like being on a rollercoaster. Beneath them, the landscape passed by lightning speed until the streets and villages had vanished, and they were above forest ground. "See that, a Spirit Douluo lives there; he got some amazing herbs. We call him the green one; he somehow looks halfway like a spirit beast with his green-white hair."

"Are you sure we should be here then?" She asked him, and Jiang shrugged his shoulders.

"I am stronger than him. He also knows that, he won't attack me. He isn't stupid, nor a megalomaniac." So Jiang told her and dived down. Tang Yin's eyes widened; the plants were dazzling, and she recognized some of them from Tang Sans's lessons in herbology. All of them are rare and precious.

"That over there are holy-grade herbs." She muttered, and Jiang huffed.

"Sure they are, but this place is the only one I can show you," Jiang said and dived down. "There is something far more amazing down that way."

Jiang slowed down and landed. "Stay up. It's safer; most Spirit beasts don't think well of humans." He told her and stalked through the field of herbs. Turning his head, he hissed lowly, and Tang Yin saw a middle-aged man standing in the distance for a second before Jiang turned and climbed down the rocks.
There stretched out a Lake in front of them, and Tang Yin's eyes widened. It was half red half blue, parted in the middle. Jiang lingered a moment and then took her further. Her hands let go of the spikes she had been clinging to, and her hand wandered down, touching a tall, grown blue-silver grass swaying near the shore.

It was fascinating, and Jiang let her look her fill as he passed through one rocky crevice to the next. "Hold on." He told her, and she quickly grabbed his spikes as he jumped down a ledge near a waterfall. Then, spreading his wings, he sailed downwards until they almost stood in the air, and in a hovering flap of wings, Jiang turned. "Careful now we are going through the waterfall."

"What!" Yin shouted, but suddenly she was bombarded by water for a second. Then, gasping for air, she suddenly was in a cave and gasped for air.

"Wow." escaped her, and Jiang sat down.

"Now you can get off." He told her. Tang Yin was ripped out of her fascination and slid down Jiangs back, her feet touching the stone. Despite being in a cave where there should only be darkness, she saw millions of tiny silvery flowers sway in nonexistent wind glowing like moonlight in the dark. She recognized them and tentatively touched on them. "These are Moon flowers." She muttered.

"Mhh, they are pretty, aren't they," Jiang said to her, back in his human form, and Tang Yin laughed.

"Sure they are. I thought these flowers don't exist, or if they do, then not like this." She said and twirled around with her words.
"This is amazing."

"They are pretty rare; I know of no other place, so many bloom simultaneously," Jiang told her. "I didn't expect so many to flower either; it's only the beginning of their season." Jiang settled down and smiled as Yin hushed from one flower to the next deeper into the cave until, from behind, Jiang shouted.

"Stay in sight, please."

"Okay, Okay, what are you doing there. Come here. There is an entire Lake in the back." She shouted back, and Jiang followed her with a laugh.

"I am coming. I am coming," Jiang shouted after Yin, suddenly putting something on her head. She reached up and touched it.

"A flower crown?"

"It suits you." He answered her, "Look." he pointed at the lake, and her eyes widened in fascination as she saw a few koi-looking fishes reach the surface.

"Wow, what are they?" She asked him, watching how they seemed utterly unafraid of Jiang or her.

"They are Millenium Kois. Among Spirit Beasts, harmless and very peaceful, so they have become scarce over time."

"I have never heard about them from the Grandmaster, and I thought he knew most spirit beasts." So she said and stoked the head of one curious Koi, who made a slight happy turn in the water before heading back to the others.

"The Grandmaster knows a lot, but he doesn't know everything. Only old spirit beasts still know about millennium kois." He said, and she looked at him.

"And you are sooooo old." Joking, she mocked him and earned a soft punch.

"I am a century millennium Spirit beast; of course, I am old." He grumbled, and she looked up and down at him. "Well, you kept yourself in good shape then, Grandpa."

"The right person to tell me that; you aren't exactly your age either." Well, she couldn't deny that either.

"Younger than you."

"Middle-aged Loli." He mocked back, and this time, she punched back.

"Gramps. Where the hell did you hear the expression Loli from?" She asked him, and he shrugged his shoulders.

"From you. You and Tang San sometimes use weird vocabulary and expressions, like a penny for your thoughts, or once you spoke about a Pope in Rome. I only know the supreme Pontiff, and when I asked around, no one knew who that was. Loli is also one of those expressions."

"Of all the things you remembered that?" She was almost not believing it. "Loli? The Popes in Rome are similar to the spirit halls supreme Pontiffs, only that they are usually male, old, and have no spiritual power."

"No spirit power, but they are Powerful? That is weird." He muttered, and Tang Yin shrugged her shoulders.

"Plenty of weird things around."

13