Chapter 58
252 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Father."

That single word brought everything to a standstill. The spirit master flew downwards, and his feet touched the ground as he wandered forward.

 
"Father." Tang Yin said again in shock and then corrected herself. "Tang Hao." This man had hardly been a father to her.

 
"Little Yin." His coarse voice answered her, and he went down to his knees to better look into her eyes. "You have grown."

 
"And you haven't changed. I am not waiting. But brother is, Tang San still waits for you...he loves you." Tang Yin said, shrugging her shoulders. "...you should not have vanished like you did."

 
"I had my reasons."

 
"Sorry. But reasons .... don't count in that case. He loves you, and you keep kicking it into his face." She growled and then let her arms dangle at her side. "We don't even know anymore who you really are. Although it doesn't matter to me anymore. Who cares." She had long resigned when it came to that man. All he did was neglect her, and the few times he showed care did not weigh it up to her. She knew what family was supposed to be like; it wasn't all sunshine and roses, but not like he had treated them.

"As Frank as always."Tang Hao said, and Yin shrugged her shoulders. Then she pointed at Zhao Wuji. "leave him alive though he is supposed to become my teacher, technically. Since you are apparently a Titled Douluo, I have a question."

 
"Mhh." Tang Haos Hammer vanished.

 
"Haishen Island. Poseidon Pavillion, do they have a way to permanently deal with this?" She held up her gloved arm. "I have a solution by now on my own it's doing a good job, but I wouldn't call it ideal."
"I am surprised you have made it this far. In some ways, I couldn't be prouder. How have you been?"
"Not with him in hearing distance." Tang Yin pointed at Zhao Wuji. Tang Hao Was an Ass, but she did trust him because she didn't understand herself.

 
"Scam." Tang Hao thundered at Zaho Wuji, who pulled an impressive speed retreat. 

"Now."

 
Tang Yin conjured up her Spirit Ring and dissolved the illusion around it until it appeared in its true crimson color. Her back twitched as she had her torso spirit bone appear as well. A turquoise pair of little wings. They were too small to fly with but certainly looked impressive.

 "They grow with my spirit power. I hope to gain flying or diffusion with my next spirit ability." Tang Yin told him.

 
"A century millennium spirit ring and bone." He said, a sad timbre in his voice.

"Yes, the tale of how I have come to own it is a secret tough. It's keeping me alive by absorbing all the spirit power I'm unable to handle. I have up to level 35 and counting now. I should, only on spirit power, be around ten levels higher, more or less, but my body can't handle those; I may have to slow down too. Having two supporters who excel at support has its back draws for me. I must wait until I'm fully grown to access it without killing myself. So until I'm 21 or so."
"eight years."

 
"eight years to go, right? It helped that number enormously; for a while, I stubbornly put my head into the sand, saying I wanted to be a spiritual master and not really doing something for it since I was afraid. Now where I have a goal and a perspective, it has become...easier."

 
"I see." Her Father's voice sounded rough as he kneeled down and patted her head. "You are doing well, little Yin."

Tang Yin stepped back from him and tried to be strong, or at least appear to be. "I know." She answered him. "I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself. I'd rather you worry for Tang San; he needs you more than me."

"I understand." Tang Hao whispered and stepped back. "I understand. Tang Yin, don't tell him I have been here, please. One day, I will explain it all."

Tang Yin looked at him, her fists balled.

"Why, for god's sake? Why should I?"

"Please, Tang Yin. You will understand one day."

"I don't know if I will be alive one day..." She argued back, but her Father was already gone leaving her standing there. She stared into the sky and pushed down all that confusing sadness and helplessness into Anger. She'd rather be angry than hurt; it was better to be angry. At least when she was angry, she was doing something productive. Staring at her hands, she balled it to a fist. Poseidon Court. She needed to know more about it, it couldn't go on like this, and it was starting to become morning too.

"Might as well go exercising." She muttered when a leathery wing curled around her. She twirled and saw Jiang standing there, he was still in his boyish form, but all human semblance was gone. He had large wings and scales scattered on him, and his eyes were pure dragon. She looked up at him and put a smile on her lips. Jiang instead shook his head and hugged her.

First, she stiffened up, but then she felt tears drop from her eyes, and for the first time in forever, she permitted herself to be sad. To cry. 

"Why....why...why....?" She wailed. "Why....?"

"Shhhhh....it's fine. You need to cry sometimes, Yin. Cry it all out. You can be optimistic and smiling once you are finished." He said, and she clung to him. "Don't worry. I won't tell."

"Imma going to make you regret it if you tell...." she complained, and he hummed deeply in agreement. She continued crying until the sun had fully risen, and she rubbed her puffy eyes. "...why do you always catch me when I'm shaky....?" She asked, sorely defeated and tired, and all the things she hated to be.
"Mhhh, maybe I just have a talent for it." He said and grinned. "Or I am being a bad dragon trying to devour your soul...." He jokingly raised his claws at her. "...and keep it all for me."

"Dork." She shot back and punched him. With him, she didn't have to watch how hard she hit.

"Your favorite." He shouted while she started running.

"Well, my favorite now may as well exercise before breakfast. Bro and Ning Feng will have my ass if I don't." She shouted back, and Jiang hurried after her.

9