1_ ch 13: A. the outside
894 2 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

13. A: the outside

Covering my eyes, I squint.

It seems like my vision got used to the dim-lit corridors from before.

Wheesh.

Feeling the strong wind in my direction, I use my other arm to cover my face and wait until it stops.

Then when feeling the wind weakens, and my eyes getting used to the light, I remove my arms and look around.

“Wow.”

Looking around, it is a fantastic sight.

I can see that I am on the roof of a building, but its surrounding is not a city, but a forest instead.

A forest of giant thick trees, with a 1-2m diameter, and a height of about 20m at the very least.

Looking ahead I can see multiple buildings, and some roads, in a different place, with them all been covered in green moss.

When looking at this place, it seems like an old city that was invaded by giant trees.

But it doesn’t stop here. As when I raise my head, I can see a beautiful sight of the sunlight shining on a giant black obelisk in the far ahead.

With the Obelisk having a size that dwarfs the surrounding trees, and standing in the middle of a giant forest, as if a sword cutting nature, or guardian overlooking everything.

But no matter what, it still looks natural to belong there, as if it is just another part of this scenery.

But because of its far place, and shiny surface, I can’t see many details.

On the other hand, looking to the opposite of it, which is the border of this green area, reveals a giant green space, as if stretching to the horizon, just to end in a foggy mist barrier, at the end of the view.

But overlooking all the scenery can also reveal more small parts that are hard to notice, like the shaking in the far trees, the occasional howls being heard, and the flying shadows that can be visible for seconds before vanishing.

Moving from my place to look more carefully, I find myself standing at the edge of the roof seeking a better view.

Looking carefully at the unnatural positions of the buildings, the misplacement of the trees, and the weird-looking situation.

It somehow creates a picture of a city devoured by a giant forest of green, or was it corroded and changed forcefully?

It is not clear, but somehow this forest’s trees, the buildings far from each other, and the unnatural signs presented in them appear like that to me.

Looking at the building I am standing on, I can see a six-story building drown in the dirt, as such the ground floor is invisible to the eye, while the first floor is infested with rats.

Also in addition to rats, I can see some kind of creature that is making the rat wary.

Observing the surrounding have revealed multiple of this creature’s kind.

Though they seem to prefer going alone, it still seems that the rats are carefully observing it.

Looking from here is not an easy task, but I think that it is easy to describe it even from here.

Speaking of its look, it is a humanoid creature.

With two legs that are a little shorter than a normal human’s, arms too long to the degree of reaching the ground, and a hunched back, with big shoulders.

Its body is blue-gray with no hair on its skin. On the other hand, its head lacks the eyes and ears, having two holes for a nose, and a lips-less mouth revealing its canine-full mouth.

Its muscular body is using its big arms as crutches to walk, in a similar fashion to a gorilla’s walking, more than a human’s stance.

Looking from here, I can tell that it’s simply walking around with no specific target.

Just roaming here, while some others of his same kind are visible in another part of the surrounding.

Thinking about it again.

The reason that the rats have forsaken the higher floors was probably to guard against this thing, in case multiple of them were trying to enter this building.

Taking my time to relax in here, I sit down.

“What an interesting place. really.”

Resting on the roof’s door, I revise my plans.

Now that I am on the roof, my first objective is to install the door here.

Following that is to find a way to escape this group of monsters, as I don’t know its possible reactions to me.

And then finding a safe place or a useful base if possible.

After that, would be thinking of a new objective, or just relaxing for the time being.

“That summarizes everything, I guess.”

And reaching a decision to do, I start to realize it.

“first is a path down.”

After summoning the door of the safe room here, I can forget about the trouble of a starting point for the time being.

And so, I am searching for a path to reach the ground, as being in the open on a building’s rooftop, is no safe in a place infested with giant flying creatures.

“there, a fire escape stairs.”

Looking to the side, I could see them, and so I start walking toward it.

“But, maybe I should try Analyze on that thing.”

Knowing its level, and any information is going to be useful, though knowing about the range of my skill is even more important.

And so, I turn toward the gray creature and use Analyze.

-Bald Fang lv6: a gray bald monster.-

“sigh.”

It is still bad.

Can it really not give more? Though yeah, I know it just summarizes my opinion, but really? just its level, a stupid joke-like name, and a 4-word sentence ?.

“sigh.”

Analyze is really disappointing it seems.

But again, just its level is more than enough information, and also knowing that the skill can be used from here is also helpful.

Though maybe I can use it as long as I see the thing? still, more tests are needed to prove this theory.

But back to the monster.

Its lv 6 is already confirming its power. Adding to that is its body size and look.

“I think it will be two or three times more powerful than me. And it had arms, would make it more dangerous than those rats.”

But worst of all is the possibility of it having teamwork in its habits.

With multiple of them in a group, fighting them is going to be hard, though not impossible if escape is the only objective.

And so having thought it over, I slowly take a step into the staircase.

30