1_ ch 29: A. Mastery Skills
503 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

29. A: Mastery Skills

Ssssh.

And a line was drawn on the giant tree’s trunk. when...

Boom.

With a loud sound, it fell to the ground.

Looking at the giant tree that was felled by a single slash, all I could say was...

“aren’t I cool ?”

To think a single slash would have this much power. Then what if I was in a complete immersion state like last time? but I don’t think I can do it anytime soon, especially with my headache not healing even to now.

“but with this much, I have enough confidence to win.”

Soon I will take over that building, just you wait rats. After all, I can’t waste a chance of having a complete and safe building to myself, and killing them would be fun too.

“but before all of that, I have to finish what I have started.”

Though I can’t remember the reason why I want to acquire more mastery skills.

I at least trust in my choices and follow them to the end. As such, I am planning to do so with no additional doubts.

Also, if I were to finish it, I am at least sure, that the answer would appear.

“so all I have to do is to follow the choices I had made and try. It’s not like I have anything else to do anyway.”

Returning to the safe room, I reach the table, choosing my next weapon.

“maybe the halberd now ?”

Looking at halberd with an axe head, and a long blade at the top of it looking like a glaive, I chose it.

Though it may be heavier than a spear, with the help of my level it will be no different from a kitchen knife in weight.

“No. it may be easier, and dashing with it in the forest may not be that hard too.”

Instead, it can be a better weapon when fighting creatures that are bigger than me.

Thinking so, I grab it and swing it.

Feeling the shift of weight with every move, the pulling of gravity in every swing, and the pulling force of my attacks, I calm my mind.

“fuuh. With clear mind, training and learning are simply that easy.”

By clearing my mind, and focusing my sense, I can easily move with the effect of precision, while I also won’t get tired because of this room.

“It’s clearly one of the meanings of having it, though I still don’t understand the need for supplies if just being in the room can fill you, and erase your fatigue.”

But such thoughts weren’t lasting under the effect of clear mind, and I was quickly brought to another serene state.

Gripping the halberd with my two hands, while following the flow of force created with every move.

In a beautiful dance of destruction, I mindlessly move, as if dreaming of a path beyond the end awaiting me, I kept moving.

Such a feeling of freedom was born from understanding my own strength, and drowning in my own mind, a feeling that I could not enjoy in real life for a long time, because of my deteriorating physical state. A feeling that I can once again enjoy.

It really makes training in skills a nostalgic moment, and refreshing action.

Even when I was in the hospital, because of my illness, instead of moving, all I could do was play VR games to kill time.

But to think, that even after all this time, nothing changed.

No, if we are honest it did change, to the worst that is, and with that here I am now, trying to clear my mind, and forget everything.

As a way to taste life again. Even if dying, I am still planning on enjoying my days.

No. Not enjoying, but proving actually. If my days are limited, then I just have to give them meaning.

“If my life’s last spark is burning out, then I just have to make it into a final brilliant light. One that can’t be forgotten.”

It’s not the first time for me, to stand at the top. I was always like that, being one of the top players in a lot of games.

and so, I just have to do it once again.

To present my all, and taste it, the thrill of life, once again.

To do so, shall be my only choice. A choice born, maybe of pride, or conviction, or it may simply be a whim. But what’s wrong with that?

To live by my choices and believes, to live by my path and rules, and to only recognize my own world. Is not that a beautiful way of living, even if that life is ending?

But as if awakening my drifting mind from its thoughts, suddenly a notification appeared.

-Conditions have been met.-

You have acquired skill: Basic Halberd Mastery Lv1.-

And looking at it, all I had to say was a simple chuckle.

“pfft. so it actually existed? for a second there, I thought that only spear mastery would level up. But what a relief, a skill exist.”

Just knowing this is an unexpected piece of news. So skills are possibly more diverse than I thought?

“well, it’s not like my actions will change, even knowing this.”

With the first level of halberd mastery acquired, then it is just a matter of time.

Like that, once again I started my dance. Increasing my skill level, while also enjoying myself.

Feeling such freedom, I kept training for hours, times swinging while on other times stabbing, and time just randomly playing around as if trying to find a better style.

With hours after hours of training, my skill level kept increasing, from the second level to the third, and like that, I have finally reached my target.

-Conditions have been met

Skill: Basic Halberd mastery Lv9 have become Lv10.-

-Conditions have been met.

Skill: Basic Halberd Mastery Lv10 have become Advanced Halberd Mastery Lv1.-

Looking at that notification, I sighed with relief.

Finally, It reached the advanced level.

Now, what I have left for me is trying the mace and whip.

“well, even with those two it may take some more hours but it's not really a long time.”

Thinking of that, I take a hold of the whip, with a confidant smile.

Then controlling my body movement and the whip by using precision I started to train in the whip, following some memories from a certain joke event I once participated in.

But not even enjoying my memories completely, it happened.

-Conditions have been met.

You have acquired skill: Basic Whip mastery Lv1.-

-Conditions have been met.

You have acquired skill: Advanced Weapon mastery Lv1.-

-Skill: Advanced sword mastery Lv1 has been integrated into Skill: Advanced Weapon mastery Lv1.-

-Skill: Advanced Spear mastery Lv1 has been integrated into Skill: Advanced Weapon mastery Lv1.-

-Skill: Advanced Dagger Mastery Lv2 has been integrated into Skill: Advanced Weapon Mastery Lv1.-

-Skill: Advanced Halberd Mastery Lv1 has been integrated into Skill: Advanced Weapon Mastery Lv1.-

-Skill: Basic Whip Mastery Lv1 has been integrated into Skill: Advanced Weapon Mastery Lv1.-

-Conditions have been met.

Lv6 have been reached.-

“Huh ?”

12