1_ ch 28: K. Sword Art
515 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

28. K: Sword Art

“synchronization”

Having Logged in, once again I find myself in my safe room.

Looking around, it’s the same as I left it, yesterday.

A fact which brings back my memories of yesterday, when I read the manual.

It has actually been a really useful gift, as I have become more knowledgeable concerning this game’s areas, stats, and skills too.

Especially skills and the skill matrix.

Though the skill matrix was a little hard to use, tiring, and It was also a really confusing thing to navigate through.

But even with that, I ended up choosing a skill before logging out.

That skill’s name is Sword Art.

Having taken some of my time yesterday for training, I have gotten a good grasp on it.

Because of that, I now have some confidence in exploring the outside.

And so, with everything as I left it yesterday, I move to the bed and take a green clock from above it.

I had actually prepared it yesterday after training. Thankfully I was able to successfully make it, thanks to this game preparing many different outfits to wear, with a color-changing option from the UI menu.

“But with this cloak, I can relax a little when I am outside. And as long as I am careful, I won’t easily be spotted.”

After all, I don’t dare to walk in a plain with unknown enemies, especially after that rabbit of last time.

But with a green cloak as camouflage, I may be safer, when exploring the outside.

“With this, I can get out of here.”

Having my previous gear, a sword, a shield, and a spear, I get out of the safe-room.

Jumping from the roof, I safely land on the grass. Then checking my surrounding, I grip my weapon.

“So is there no ambush? no, even the corpse is not here. Was it taken ?”

With the corpse of the rabbit not here, I can only guess that the reason, is either a game gimmick, a predator taking it, or a reason that I don’t know of yet.

“but not being attacked is a good thing anyway.”

Thinking like that, I relax my tensed nerves and start my walk.

“today’s goal is to map the surrounding area. Having to fight in a short notice of time is not a good situation to repeat.”

Walking, I take the path toward the obelisk and look around.

Like that, I started moving, but not even ten minutes, and I had already found a new rabbit.

Knowing its fighting style, I get ready to fight, with a foot ahead of the other, a hand using the shield to protect myself with it, and the other hand nervously gripping the sword.

Inhale. Exhale.

Calming myself by a deep breath, I look to the rabbit 30 meters ahead of me. And yell.

“OI. I AM HERE.”

As if finally registering my existence in his mind, the rabbit turn in my direction, just to then start accelerating toward me.

But not fearing it, I smile.

“it won’t work this time, you should try a new trick.”

Confidently speaking, I look at the accelerating rabbit. Its fast and flexible movement is higher than my understanding, its body size is triple mine, not to forget its level been higher than mine, but I am not losing, nor am I cowering again.

For I am different today.

And with such thought, I released my senses. Feeling the cold breeze of wind, and the grass dancing with it. Feeling my feet putting pressure on the ground, and the rumbling resulting from the rabbit’s fast movement. And feeling the distance between us being closed in moments, I spoke.

“Sword Art”

Boom.

Taking a step forward, toward a giant speeding fur ball, I disappear from my place.

“Flowing Water.”

Swoosh.

And a river of crimson blood suddenly and elegantly starts dancing with the grass.

In a silent picture, with only the sound of the wind singing, and the grass dancing, a giant rabbit has been decapitated, and with that, I appear behind it.

“Huff. Huff.”

Leaning on an arm, and barely keeping my kneeling body from falling, I smile.

“it’s still hard to use, but even so, it’s already a good improvement”

All thanks to acquiring sword art. To think just a single skill can push me to this level.

-Sword Arts: a skill that grants one an understanding of sword arts, enabling its user of doing a series of extraordinary actions.-

Just this skill alone was a great boost to my fighting power.

still, what is the meaning of sword arts? is it swordsmanship ? is it sword dance ? or maybe sword technique?

Wrong, it’s a way of communication, a way to create a connection between you, the sword, and the world.

That is sword art, a skill that I acquired.

-Conditions have been met.

Lv4 have been reached.-

-conditions have been met.

Skill: Attack Lv1 has become Lv2.-

-Conditions have been met

Skill: Basic sword mastery Lv9 has become Lv10.-

-Conditions have been met.

Skill: Basic Sword Mastery Lv10 has become Advanced Sword Mastery Lv1.-

-Conditions have been met

Skill: Sword Arts Lv1 has become Lv2.-

-Conditions have been met.

You have acquired skill: Agility Lv1.-

“Huff. Huff. But seriously, I should honestly work on my low stamina....., really ....”

It seems that using sword art is a little hard for me as of now, as such, I will get tired when I use it too much, though the amount of energy it consumes may vary depending on how much movement I do, and how difficult it is, but in this case, I used the arts: Flowing Water.

Simply put, it is the art of imitating the movement of flowing water. A gentle slash cutting through the mountains, as if an unstoppable river is forcing its path through the boulders.

“though the fact, that I can understand and even explain it, simply by acquiring a skill is a really an impressive thing.”

Especially when I didn’t know a thing about the way of the sword, except from playing games, and at most an acquaintance in the kendo club.

“though, I should get to moving now. Who knows what is lurking in this place if I am not careful.”

Thinking like that, I stood and checked my cloak’s state, when feeling relieved about its safety, I started walking and looking over my status.

-Status :

Kai Lv4

hp : 40

mp: 40

sp : 40

atk : 100

def : 40

agi : 80

Skills:

Advanced sword mastery Lv1 - Analyse Lv2 - Attack Lv2 - Sword Arts Lv2 - Agility Lv1 -

9