2_ ch 20: Interlude. Cruel
295 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

20. Interlude: Cruel

On top of a building’s rooftop, stood a little girl in a school uniform. there, staring at a white featureless being of light, she stood.

All, while also shaking her blue-light-clad fist, trying to relieve the pain in it.

Still, not caring for the pain, or maybe simply ignoring it, she, Eya, smiled and with vigilant eyes stared at it floating high above, when...

zZzzt.

Suddenly, the being of light disappeared from its place, before then...

zZzzt.

Reappearing midair in front Eya, as it...

Tried kicking her.

Fussh.

Air cutting noise.

Nevertheless, predicting that, or maybe finding it too easy, she, Eya, effortlessly sidestepped avoiding it, when...

ZzzZt.

Lightning sound.

Suddenly, the being of light spun midair, and with all the momentum accumulated, it then...

Bam.

It then sent Eya flying through the air.

Ssss.

Getting sent flying, Eya released her crossed arms and then ignored the feeling of her crushed bones, as she...

Boom. SsSStTt.

Forcefully inserted her right hand in a series of buildings, achieving her brake with their destruction being the price, before then removing her hand, and riding the momentum to a nearby rooftop. But then just as she did so, it happened...

Vooo.

Thunder roaring.

And with a lightning-clad leg, overflowing with uncontrollable power, the being of light suddenly appeared above her as it...

made an axe kick...

Booom.

Splitting the building, when...

With a series of precise movements, Eya flipped to the side, barely avoiding its attack. Before then, quickly fixing her foot on the rooftop, as she...

Baam.

Roundhouse kicked the being of light, directly to its face...

Crack.

Neck's breaking sound.

And as a bullet pierced through the air, she shot it.

Fuuush.

The being of light was sent away, but not even smiling at that yet, it happened. And feeling it danger, Eya hastily moved her head to the side, as...

Sshhh.

Blade cutting sound.

A sudden sword almost took away her head, only satisfying itself with some of her hair strands. And seeing that, Eya quickly jumped back, avoiding a second slash, but as if that was within its plan, the suddenly-appearing being of light did not chase, instead...

It made a circle around it with its sword, before then raising it high above it, when...

ZzZzSsZzzZSsSZTttTT.

Lightning intensifying.

True lightning appeared.

.....

Jumping and making a distance between her and it, Eya smiled, enjoying the view, when...

“HaAaAaAA....”

With a roar of anger, the being of light, swiftly lowered its white sword, cutting everything in front of it.

ZzzzZtT. BoooM.

And seeing that white torrent of destruction coming in her direction, the only thing Eya could do, was...

To bend her back to an inhuman degree, while having a closer look at a white torrent of lightning that almost washed her face clean...

Clean of her features, that is.

.....

Booom.

And a torrent of destruction was unleashed. Erasing everything in its path.

But one way or another, Eya survived, and so.....

All of that was for nothing... really...

Just how... How...

“HhoOww... HhoOww?”

How is that monster still existing...

Why... why...

“WwhHyYy?.... WwhHyYy?....”

Why is that cancer not destroyed...

It’s impossible... impossible...

“CannN’tT BbeEE... iMmpPoSsible.....”

“HhoOww... HhoOww?”

Saying so, and feeling confused, mad, and overwhelmed, the being of light screamed of frustration, fear, and confusion, when suddenly...

It stopped. And with all the lightning previously berserking around it, quickly calming, it suddenly noticed...

And doing so, it looked toward her, the abomination amusedly smiling at it, before then staring at it right arm, and.....

SsSSstt.

Cutting sound.

With no hesitation, it then cut its arm from the shoulder.

.....

Standing at her place, and feeling interested, Eya traced her Blue-clad hand at multiple parts of her broken new body, while also watching that being in front of her, as it madly trashed, when suddenly...

It stopped. And as if suddenly reaching an understanding, the being of light, stared at her, and then at its right hand, as it...

SsSSstt.

Cut its right arm from its shoulder. Mercilessly, ruthlessly, and with no hesitation, it swiftly cut it.

And seeing that, the only thing Eya could do, was to struggle...

To struggle at suppressing her laughter, at it finally understanding what has been going on. And doing so, she watched...

As the now-severed white limb suddenly glowed golden, before then...

Fusshh.

Flying sound.

Melting into blue light as it was quickly absorbed into Eya’s stretched right palm.

“SsO... TthatT’ss... HoOw itT’s....”

Saying so, the being of light raised its featureless face, staring at Eya..... or at least, that what seemed even as it lacked eyes. Nevertheless, not commenting on that, Eya smiled, without answering the being in front of her, instead just widening her smile at its next action.

.....

Finally understanding the madness and distortion of the abomination in front of it, the being of light gritted its teeth, before then moving its left hand and slowly tracing its abdomen.

Doing so, and finding one of the spots it was attacked at previously. The being of light added more power to its gritting jaw, before then...

Stab. Tear.

Before then, tearing a big chunk of its white body, and wrathfully watching, as it easily melted into blue energy, absorbed by that cancer in front of it.

“wWhaTT... CrRuELl... MmoONsTtEr....”

Saying so, the being of light watched the widening cruel smile of that abomination.

Still, even as it did so, the being of light did not stop. Instead, it resumed its effort. First...

Tear. Fsshh.

Removing it leg, second...

.....

Standing a distance from it, Eya gazed at the being of light, now lacking a leg, a part of its abdomen, and its arm, as it...

Stab. ZzZTt.

Stabbed its own chest, pulling a series of golden lines. Before then throwing them, as they melted into blue.

Doing so, and painedlly gritting its teeth, it then raised its face, showing a wrathful expression at that abomination in front of it, when...

“you forgot a spot.”

When a childish voice, cut it outrage temporarily, as Eya with a childish and kind smile, cutely pointed to its face.

“here, this place, you see?”

Saying so, and pointing to her left cheek this time, Eya kindly smiled, and as if a little helpful kid is waiting for praise, she looked at the outraged being in front of her, barely controlling all the streams of raging lightning overflowing from its body.

Still, outraged as it was, the being of light, could not move, and so, it stood in its place, gritting its teeth, as it...

Crack.

Teeth lightly cracking.

As it moved its shaking remaining arm, closer to its head. And then with an open palm put on its cheek, it...

Sunk its fingers in it, as...

SsHhs.

It tore half of its head.

7