2_ ch 19: A. Tranquility
312 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

19. A: Tranquility

Fascinating, Captivating, Bewitching, and Enthralling. All these words have, for some reason, just got stuck in my mind, as I...

Stared, At the endless emptiness stretched before me. But nevertheless, why? I didn’t know... Why? I didn’t care... Why? I didn’t want to know...

Thinking so, and shutting my mind, I took a moment to relax...

And honestly? It was beautiful... that feeling of tranquility, of peace, of calmness.... it was a feeling I never had...

Never. Even when living the last five years as Alice, I never had it... and truthfully...

It was beautiful.... the world with no sound, with no noise... a place of emptiness, an abyss of hollowness...

It really was beautiful.... truly, Beautiful... Though for some reason, the more I stared at it, the more it reminded me of my own emptiness, how weird...

The world? Me? Both? Or maybe neither?

Well, I don’t care...

Thinking so, and closing my eyes, I enjoy it, the feeling of aimless drift in this empty world.... the feeling of complete isolation from everything... And then the feeling of drowning, as all of my senses start blurring...

Ah, how peaceful... this feeling is...

Ah, how fascinating.... this feeling is...

But then, why... why is it that even with all of that...

I still can’t heal it.... that emptiness, deep inside of me...

“why can’t I, even in my illusions do so....”

“WHY....”

Screaming so, I open my eyes, breaking the illusion of tranquility.... or was it a defense mechanism of some sort? Not an illusion?

Well, that’s not important right now...

Crack.

Instead what’s important is this situation I am in...

Crack. Break.

Saying so, I glance at it. The real form of that illusion...

Crack.

The real tranquility I was drowning in, when...

Stab.

Cough.

When blood started flowing from my mouth, as I stared at my pathetic of a state.

Stab. Crack.

And how do I say this? Hmm? Well, I seem to be...

“dying?…!! Cough…”

Coughing blood, I try moving my hand to clean my mouth, but...

I can’t... and No, not because I am tired, but because of the black twisted arm impaling it...

Yes, for some reason, I am not drowning in the emptiness of the oblivion, instead...

“ I am being pulled down...”

Well, that is if getting skewered by tens of black twisted arms is getting pulled that is...

Thinking so, and suppressing the pain I am feeling, I glance at my body...

And what I see is crack stretching through my body, with black twisted limbs piercing through them.... though sometimes it’s the opposite, as the black twisted limbs stab first before the cracks start, but that’s not important...

What’s important is the fact that the Curse, inside and outside of my body is clearly mixing, twisting, and reacting, as I can slowly feel my body burning... that’s what’s important...

Crack. Stab. Break.

And so, second by second, I can feel it... the impending doom, drawing near me...

Still, for some reason, even as I watch all of that, I...

“am smiling?”

No, guess I am excited, huh? For the curse to draw this closer to me, is that the reason?

“after all, it seems Observer failed previously, and I could not sense it, sooo...”

This should be a good chance to see it, right? The true form of Curse...

That thing, which is called Human Emotion’s true colors... because I am sure, that a chance like this may not be presented again...

Thinking so, and shutting my sense of pain, I relax.... and then feeling the foreign emotions and thoughts creeping into my mind, I close my eyes surrendering myself to it...

And then with that, it happened.... slowly, I started hearing it.... those sounds.... those whispers... those pleas...

Help me... Save me... Lonely... Afraid... Someone... Happy... Fun... Missed you... Proud..... No,No.No... HaHaHaHA...

Slowly, I started tasting it... The pain, the suffering, the torment, of thousands of people... Nevertheless, it was not alone, there was also...

Happiness, joy, laughter, warmness...

A truly confusing taste.... like a mixture of bitter memories, drowned in a sweet layer of forgotten moments...

And so, I slowly heard it.... that song... that screaming.... it was all they had left.... it was all that was ever achieved.... it was all they could want.... it was all...

But a single interlude..... screams... laughter.... wailing.... crying.... howling.... giggling.... chuckling...

All mixed together.... and like a muffled scream.... it all somehow created it...

“an interlude.... seriously?....”

To think it would all create an interlude, amidst this whole emptiness... a single interlude to not get swept by Oblivion...

“Could it be a coincidence? Or the fact it was an interlude is simply affected by my mental image?”

Well, honestly? that’s not something I could know.... especially not like this, with me drowning...

Crack.

And drowning.... more... into the Curse... into the emotions.... into the endless sea of human feeling...

Crack.

Ah, but it is alright.... even if I were to drown...

Crack. Break. Flow.

Even if I am to break... even if the cracks were to increase...

Crack.

And even when Curse slowly flow from them.... even if I am to drown... even if I am...

Crack.

To be Consumed... it’s alright...

Because...

CRACK.

No matter how much I drown...

Thinking so, and feeling myself slowly getting absorbed into the Curse, I resume my thoughts...

No matter how much I drown, I...

Smile.

“shall break free.”

Weakly saying so, I close my eyes, and then feeling the curse engulfing me, as I am completely absorbed, I...

Start losing my strength, as my consciousness was slowly...

Getting painted by the black. And so, slowly but surely I was losing myself into the oblivion... slowly, but surely...

“ha, as if...”

Saying so, and finally feeling the thing I was looking for, I smile...

When...

zZzsTs.

“Art: Blade of Tranquility”

With a swift move, I finally cut this world of black.

7