2_ ch 37.5: Record 2
175 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

37.5: Records 2:

 

Crawling Insanity

It’s a corruption-based, semi-lifeform that contrary to its appearance, lacks all forms of intelligence, moving mostly on limited instinct.

Crawling Insanity is easily identified with its appearance of a black pulsing liquid full of assimilated limbs and figures, nevertheless, it’s advisable to avoid all forms of contact if possible, be it physical, visual, or auditory, it’s still best to avoid it as soon as possible, due to its instinctual attraction for those who are conscious of its existence. Especially considering its weird ability to locate any and all of those people.

As such, when met with the crawling insanity, it’s best to ignore it and even to try forgetting, and not thinking of its existence at all. But if that fails, then the only choice at that time is to first, pray for good luck, and second, to knock yourself out.

As a Corruption-based semi-lifeform, the manifestation of the Crawling Insanity is a natural phenomenon dependent on the Oblivion’s Tide, nevertheless, in some rare cases, it’s possible to artificially manifest it by either stimulating a high amount of Curse or by forcefully awakening a concentrated body of Curse.

 

Oblivion

Limbo, The Other-side, The Underworld, The Dream World, and The World of Reflections... Dependent on the meaning and interpretation, all those names are, to some degree, correct names of the Oblivion.

 

Navigating through the Oblivion

Navigating through the oblivion has proved to be a difficult and dangerous objective, surpassing all previous estimations.

As a matter of fact, the very notion of navigating through this distorted reality is nothing but an idiotic idea, resulting from our lack of understanding of this place’s real dangers and the degree its effect on us reach.

 

-Adaptation: is a skill that speeds an individual’s mental and physical adaptation in the desired direction.-

This skill is a very useful but hard to acquire skill. And though its name is somehow confusing, nevertheless, the skill’s effects are not. Adaption as a skill help in keeping your mind cool when things suddenly change, or in regulating your body’s heat on hot summer days. Nevertheless, this skill’s time to truly shine is when your office boss suddenly changes all plans and forces you to come up with solutions. At that time, it really helps in decreasing your stress and helping you move on quicker.

 

- Sp Lessened Consumption: is a skill that enhances an individual’s metabolism.-

- Curse Sense: is a skill that grants an individual’s senses the ability to naturally detect and feel Curse.-

- Aura Sense: is a skill that grants an individual’s senses the ability to naturally detect and feel Aura.-

It’s important to note that both Curse and Aura senses are not exactly a sixth sense or anything similar, but instead, both are more like an enhancement to already existing senses, like vision and touch.

-Curse Tolerance: is a skill that increases an individual’s tolerance to Curse.-

-Pain Tolerance: is a skill that increases an individual’s tolerance to pain.-

As skills, Pain and Curse tolerance help in alleviating the effect both pain and curse have on an individual, be they physical, psychological, or even physiological.

4