#15 – Kyoto Bound
361 5 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Roi POV>

Today is the day the second and third years make the one-week-long school trip to Kyoto. All the second and third-year students are in the gymnasium as the chaperons give a rundown of what is going to happen. Basically, all of our luggage has already been placed on the school bus and will be automatically put onto the plane for us. There are a total of 80 groups going on this trip all together minus all the teachers and other supervisors attending. We are all gonna be seated on this bus according to our group numbers but for the short flight the tickets are random so who knows who I will have to sit next to. 

After the rundown was complete we all made our way over to the eight busses aligned in the school parking lot. Akari, Alto, Ichiro, and I made our way over to bus seven and got seated. The bus was completely filled with all kinds of people from our grade and the third years. The bus was a 2 x 2 configuration so Alto and Akari sat next to each other and I sat next to Ichiro. After everyone was seated on the bus and all other buses had all the students, we made our way to the airport.


We arrived at the airport right on time and all the students got off the busses. As soon as we got off the bus we all started stretching.

"Man, I am so excited for this school trip," Akari said with a big smile on his face.

"I agree, the hot spring we are staying at is quite nice and is very popular in Japan. Getting to stay in such a place is truly wonderful," Ichiro said while looking at the brochure that was giving to every student before we got on the bus.

"You can say that again. My parents haven't been home in a while so I haven't gone to travel that much," I say to my group.

"Once spring comes we all should go somewhere," Alto said.

We all just nodded to what Alto had to say. Doing a spring trip or summer trip seems pretty cool. I have never really gone with friends to a place overnight so doing something like that is something that I have to do.

After a couple more minutes of talking with each other, we heard some guy talking way too loud, yelling practically. It was a kid in our grade, I think his name was Ken. Ken in front of all the students was talking to Mikoto-senpai. She the most popular yet mean girl in our school. I only say she is mean due to how she rejects people, also if she doesn't like you she makes it pretty clear. So I guess I am saying she is mean, but Ken has some balls asking her out if that what he is doing. 

And like how it usually is, I'm right.

"Mikoto-senpai, will you please go out with me?" Ken said while bowing to her. When he said that everyone went silent and all looked over at the two including me and my group. I actually saw Sakura and even Izumi standing next to her, I think I remember Sakura saying she was grouped with them. That makes perfect sense but back to the topic at hand which is Ken begging for Mikoto to date him.

And like expected Ken was about to face his harsh reality of asking out the popular girl who is known for harsh rejections.

"pig," Mikoto said with a disgusted look on her face in response to Ken. Not only did his mouth drop from shock but everyone including the staff, students, and regular people at the airport. 

Ken just dropped to his knees and.....cried. A lot actually it was pretty sad to watch.

"Poor bastard," Akari said while resting one of his arms on my shoulder.

"Yea true could've been you," Alto said with a smug look on his face to Akari.

Then the two started arguing with each other but nothing serious. All of a sudden Akari stopped arguing and looked at me and said, "By the way, we are training even in Kyoto,"

I just sigh and as I went to respond I felt someone come behind me and saw Pu putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Akari is right, just because we are on a school trip with a lot of free time doesn't mean we take a break from training," Pu said with a smile on his face.

"I guess you're right," I say while giving a big sigh.


All the students checked in and now we are waiting by the gate for us to board the plane. We still have about 30 minutes left until we have to start boarding so everyone is just chatting and hanging around. Sakura and her group have a lot of people trying to socialize with them hoping that maybe they could hang out with their group during the trip. As we are talking with Pu and his group of third-year students I look over at Ken with his group of friends and he still looks mentally destroyed. I mean being called a pig in front of 300 people roughly is pretty traumatizing and poor Ken is on the heavier side so his manhood is ruined.

"You think we should go cheer him up?" I say to the group while pointing over at Ken.

"Nah, I think it's best we leave it to his friends to take care of him," One of Pu's friends said while looking over in a face of pity.

"Also, where are Ichiro and Alto?" I say turning my heading trying to scan the area for them. 

"I saw them get dragged by a bunch of girls that were trying to make some plans with them once we made it to Kyoto," Akari said with a sad look on his face.

"You okay?" I ask Akari.

"Dammit! Why can't I have girls hit on me and make plans!" Akari yelled in frustration and this caused all of us to go silent and a bunch of people just looked at Akari. 

"I think you just answered your own question," Ichiro said while walking back from the group of girls who were giggling in the background. 

"You two gotta teach me the ways of getting women," Akari said getting on his knees.

"The gift comes from the gods my friend, you just aren't worthy," Alto said in a sarcastic tone. This caused us to laugh a bit and Akari just got up and sighed.

After talking about potential plans on things to do in Kyoto, the intercom came on saying that it was time to board the plane. With that everyone got in line and waiting to get on the plane. Since this was a domestic flight the plane was smaller than the big planes for long haul flights so trying to board took forever. Also doesn't help when such a large amount of student are trying to get on the plane, out school alone basically can fill up the whole plane. 

I finally make it to the scanner and swipe my pass over it, as I do that I hand the stewardess my passport, then make my way on the plane. My seat is 32B which is almost all the way in the back of the plane and in the middle. Being one of the last people on the plane everyone was pretty much already seated or putting their backpacks in the storage overhead. As I walk closer and closer to my seat I realize that I am not seated to anyone in my group. Akari is sitting next to two dudes, Alto is next to a couple who were already getting touchy, and Ichiro was with two girls. 

As I approach the seat I see two familiar people in the aisle and window seat. It was Sakura and Mikoto who were having a conversation but stopped talking when I was waiting for Sakura to get up. Sakura then looked up at me with a smile on her face and Mikoto just looked at me, thankfully not with disgust but probably just being cautious. But after I put my bad in the storage compartment, I took a seat in the middle of the two girls and got a lot of angry looks from some of the boys nearby.

"You ready for the trip Roi?" Sakura said in a really upbeat tone.

"Yea, I'm excited! Pu and Akari are still making me train during the trip so that's something I gotta look forward to," I say sarcastically while adjusting the AC vent on the roof. 

"You are the guy who helped out Sakura?" Mikoto chimed in, still observing me.

"Yep, he's the guy!" Sakura said leaning over to get a good look at Mikoto.

"Hmm," Mikoto said while still looking at me.

"Is everything okay senpai?" I ask her, getting a little nervous because I do not want to be on this girl's hate list.

"Since Sakura seems to like you, I guess I can tolerate you," She said with a small smile on her face.

"Whew," Is all I say as a wave of relief came over me. 

Now that she isn't out to publicly humiliate me, this plane ride should go a lot smoother. Thinking back I heard that senpai has done things way worse rejections to people even more humiliating than what Ken had to experience.

But as my grandfather always said, "Better them than you,"

Another longer chapter to make up for the past two days

5