#21 – Lessons Of Love
386 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Roi POV>

We are now in the following dack in the shopping district of Kyoto. We all woke up at a reasonable time and went straight to the center so we can help Akari get some chicks. Akari seems very confident in himself today, which I guess is a good thing but usually, it doesn't work out for him. Alto seems to have faith in Akari that he might be able to at least get a girl's phone number. We invited Pu and his friends to come with us but Pu said he gets too nervous trying to hit on girls so he declined. 

"Alright Akari," Alto said getting our attention.

"The easiest way to pick up girls is at a cafe," Alto said following up.

"So you want us to start there?" I said to Alto. I'm not an expert when it comes to women I just kinda get luck to take over when it comes to this kind of stuff.

"You bet," Alto said with a small laugh.

"Easy enough," Akari said looking at his phone for the closest cafe.

"What about this place?" Akari said showing us a local cafe nearby.

"Hmmm, yeah that should work perfectly," Alto said with a smile on his face.

"Let's get going then," I say to them.

With that, we start walking to the cafe which is really close like 1km. It only took about 5 minutes and we reached the cafe. The vibe to the place is pretty nice overall. A modern feel with some elements of a classic rustic look. Also luckily for Akari, there are a ton of chicks here at this cafe so I say he has a decent chance.

We ordered our drinks and took a seat at a table not too far from everyone but far enough where we could talk privately.

"So what's the plan?" Akari said sipping on his drink. He was trying to hide his nervousness now that he was about to prove his skills.

"You see that table over there?" Alto said as he pointed to a table with one girl on her computer. From my guess, she was a college student studying at the local university.

"She is gonna be a test dummy," Alto said taking a sip of his coffee.

"Test dummy?" I say confused.

"Akari you are going to try and get her phone number and how we are gonna asses you is like this. I'm going to call you in a minute and you are gonna answer and we mute ourselves. From there you're going to attempt to get her digits and if that goes well you proved us all wrong and we all find something else to do until Roi has to go. If that doesn't work I will show you how to do it as a way to teach you," Alto said calmly.

"Okay, that shouldn't be too hard," He said with newfound confidence.

He then collected himself for a few more seconds and stood up from the chair. "I'm going in," were his final words before walking over to the girl sitting by herself.

Alto put the phone up to his ear to listen to the conversation and was just really focused. I kinda just sat there looking at Alto and taking glances at Akari. From the looks of it, things were going well. At least that was what I thought. I looked back at Alto and he was trying really hard to keep a straight face. All I could do was look at him confused on why he was trying so hard not to laugh.

After another minute or so Akari started walking back to us with a big look of defeat on his face and the girl who he was just talking to was leaving the store. So I don't think things went too well for him. 

"Bad luck?" I ask Akari as he sat down.

"I've never seen someone that awkward in my life talking to a girl!" Alto said laughing.

"You have a lot to learn," Alto said as he stopped laughing. 

"You wanna show me now?" Akari said with his forehead on the table.

"Sure," Alto said with confidence, and with that, he stood up from his chair and walked over to a group of girls.

He was gone for about 5 minutes or so and I saw that Akari's eyes were stuck to him like cotton on glue. I poked him a few times so the starring wasn't too noticeable but it seemed things were going very well for Alto. The girls were laughing at whatever he was saying and one thing lead to another. Now the girls whipped out their phones and he exchanged numbers with all three of them. Both Akari and I looked at Alto in awe. I'm not even trying to flirt with girls I just think that is pretty damn impressive. Alto then made his way back over to us with a big smug look on his face.

"Easy as that," Alto said taking a seat in the chair.

"So what did you even do?" I said to Alto raising my eyebrow.

"Asking a girl out is as easy with three simple steps," Alto said putting up three fingers.

"First, approach the girls in a nice calm fashion. Do not be overwhelming or they will think that you're creepy like Akari. Second, find a way to butt in their conversation or find a way to make a conversation with the girl. Once you do that talk about things she likes and act like you can relate. The third, and final thing is to throw in some random compliments for them to get them more interested in you. Never do too much, just enough to keep their attention," Alto said as if he was a professor at a university or something.

"Now, you Roi," Alto said looking at me.

"Yeah?" I said back.

"You are going to try and get a girl's phone number," He said in a serious voice.

"But why me? We are here for Akari," I responded.

"I just want to see if you got game. Who knows you might be just as bad as Akari," Alto said while smacking Akari on the back. 

"You want me to do it here?" I asked him.

"Nah, we will go out into the shopping district because it can give Akari extra practice when you're done," Alto said standing up from his seat.

Akari and I then also got up and made our way to the shopping district of Kyoto. Since it wasn't far at all we made it there pretty fast. Alto started scanning the area for chicks I assume he wanted me to try and hit on.

"Shouldn't I be allowed to pick who I wanna try and hit on?" I ask Alto, tapping his shoulder.

"Why not," Alto said as he stopped scanning the area and looked at me.

"Anyone, you see?" Akari chimed in.

"Uhh," I say while looking around for anyone that might not punch me in the face.

After a few more seconds of scanning the area, I see a girl wearing baggy clothes, a hat, and she has pink hair. This might be a wild guess, but I think that is Chio. The others won't know if I directly flirting with her because there are so many people here that the phone trick won't work. 

"So?" Alto said looking at me.

"I think I found someone," I said pointing at the girl I think is Chio.

"Oh shit, she looks hot," Akari said with his jaw dropped.

"You sure you want to test your luck with someone like her?" Alto said to me. I don't think they noticed who she really is but I guess it makes it better for me. Also, I kinda took slight offense to what Alto said but it is whatever. 

"Yep, can't be too hard?" I said with a shrug as I started walking over to the girl. I just really hope this is Chio and not some random girl.

6