Chapter 116 – A certain immortal begins walking throughout town, albeit not for very long. But, rest assured, they will continue to do this in the n
91 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Guess we'll hit up the guild hall after this." I said. "Or, maybe we'll just get assaulted on the way there." I joked, but it's a definite possibility. In the meantime, though, I'd like to finish this one thing up. I'd hate to leave Zramazos hanging. 

"Yeah. That could be fun." Sis said, the same as ever.

Ah. Weird.

I decided I'd keep all that in the back of my mind, and focused on Zramazos's outfit. 

On our way to Heremays's place, I'd gotten a little turned around, (I think teleporting around all the time is kinda screwing with my sense of direction), and we ended up passing the 'hero statue' thingy. Or what remained of it, anyway. Which wasn't much, especially after the rubble got cleaned up a good bit. To my surprise, there was still a decent amount of people there. Not as many as earlier, but still a good amount. The hysteria seems to have mostly subsided at this point, though, that didn't stop people from just hanging out and seemingly having a good time, generally being rather loud, too. Someone even set up a refreshments stand, where I can only assume they dispensed alcohol, which certainly didn't help the noise issue.

All that said, the guards who were still at the scene made sure nobody got too close to the statue, taking care to usher away people who wandered in a bit too far, while they whispered and discussed something among themselves. Other than that, though, they didn't seem to mind all the partying, only ever interfering when someone got too close or a drunkard got a little too 'brave' and did something silly.

The whole thing reminded me that I still haven't talk to Maurice yet about that weird inky blackness that's been seeping out of my hands recently. To be honest, I kinda forgot all about it, what with everything going on. I should probably get on that. That's going in the back of my mind, too. It's getting kinda cluttered back there, to be honest. 

Anyways, it didn't take us too long to arrive at Heremays's place. 

No mysterious, tall and perpetually shadowy figures appeared out of the shop this time. I wonder what was up with that, last time? Eh, probably just some weirdo. This place seems like it'd attract oddballs. 

"Wait, this is the place we went yesterday, right?" Sis asked.

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

"Is he gonna try to play dress up with me again?"

"It's a definite possibility." I said with a shrug. "Though I'm sure he'd lay off if you told him no."

"That's probably true... But in the off chance that it isn't, and he does try to make me part with my gear, then I'd have to beat the crap out of him, and I don't wanna waste my first fight on a dude like that." She said, completely straight faced.

"I see." I said, thinking about the fact she's talking a fight like a normal person would talk about a kiss. Crap, why do I get the feeling that S would act the same? 

Does he ever excitedly reminisce about his first fight, and whatever he shared it with? Or... Whoever, I guess...

. . .

I'm not jealous.

"Anyways, mind if I sit this one out?" Sis said, bringing me back to reality.

"Oh, uh, yeah, no, I wont stop you."

 "Alright. Let's meet up again at that conveniently placed alley over there in... How long you think this is gonna take?" 

"Uh... I dunno, like, half an hour maybe? 45 minutes?" I'm only getting one thing, but I wanna be particular about it. This is no time for half measures, after all. 

"Alright, I'll just head over there whenever. Oh, and, if, for whatever reason, we're unable to meet up, just warp somewhere safe, and we can meet up at the dog bowl place tomorrow. Also, if you do meet any trouble, screaming loudly in a public space usually scares the guy off."

"Uh..." What scenario is this? Does she think I'm gonna get kidnapped in the dozen or so steps it'll take for me to get there? "Y-yeah, I'll keep that in mind."

"Good. See you in a bit, then."

"Yeah, cya."

"And be careful." Sis concluded as she walked off, towards... Well, whatever else. I guess I don't know what she plans to do, actually. 

"Y-yeah."

Ah well, whatever, I've got clothes to buy.


. . .

Ended up just wandering around town, a little aimlessly while I waited for bro to finish up with knife ears.

Mostly, I ended up just thinking about the upcoming fighting and stuff. Specifically, how I'm gonna go about it. Obviously, I already know what weapon I'm gonna use. There's nothing else even worth considering, after all, but, beyond that, I'm not sure how to go about it.

I suppose keeping some distance would be a good idea. My weapon would work best at a medium distance, I'm pretty sure. 

Or, wait a sec, bro fights more up close, doesn't he? If he gets himself hurt, which is likely, if he's alone up front, I guess I'll have to run up anyways to help. Eh, that should be fine. In all likelihood, we kick ass up close as well. 

And, beyond that, I suppose I'd like to check that out. See if what happened back in that bush is consistent. 

Ahk. Just felt a chill rush down my spine as I thought about it. Still, I need to see whether or not that's actually the cause of it. I wont lie, I'm a little apprehensive about it, but, who knows, might make the battle more exciting.

Probably not as exciting as fishing, but nothing is, so that's an unfair point.

. . . 

Actually, speaking of that bush, surprising that bro didn't ask about that. Most people would, right? Did he just, like, forget, or something? But, that surely can't be the case. I mean, who would just forget something as weird as that? Must've just not heard it. There was a lot going on at the time, after all. That must be the reason. Certainly not because it slipped a certain someone's mind. 

Right?

3