Chapter 36: Silver Fangs
90 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After finding our moment, Amelia left to find me something to eat with Ben. Ursula told us Alijah's story. How she was told by her mother, and so on. It was hard to know how accurate it was with passaging time, though. It also was a story that only elders knew in detail.

They considered Alijah a failure of his kind. A deadly mistake others called him. The rest of the Lycans thought of him as a legend. A cautionary tale of the wolf that went mad because it was in his nature. But rarely they knew the real reason he had gone insane.

Most of them thought it was because he was incapable of love. But it was the complete opposite. Alijah had come from one of the alpha families, who were scattered around the world. He was a prodigy, much to how they portrayed Fenris to be. He would have been the best of the best.

The first Lycan to be born under the blood moon too. He had been trained, just like Fenris, to be the alpha of alpha wolves. The one who could unite all the tribes into a unit. However, his path was tarnished when he met an elven girl that swooned his heart.

This happened before he got his blessing. They did not name the moon elf in Ursula's tale, but Alijah called her Lilith in my memory. She was a medic that worked in the moon elf continent, Allora. Alijah had gone there to be an ambassador during times of tension within the races.

The Lycans were trying to sway the moon elves to be their allies. Instead of helping the witches, who were allying themselves with the vampires at the time. However, instead of going to do his task, Alijah was caught by the elf girl's charm. He was only eighteen when he met her. Too young to know love, the tale said.

The Lycans did not take to this nicely. After all, Alijah was part of their prophecy to create a perfect Lycan. In the end, they thought the elf was just a distraction he would get over. But the moment Alijah realized they were going to come for him to bring him back to Lyari.

The wolf vanished with the elf. It took them two years to find them because of an anonymous tip that had arrived at their doors. A crow, a witch's favorite familiar, by the doorstep of the Lycan elders, left a letter. The tale mentioned nothing about the silver wolves betraying Alijah, as he had said in my memory.

Back then, Lycans treated traitors with death, but Alijah was a fated fruit that they could not destroy. No, instead they took away what he thought he loved as punishment for his defiance. He was helpless to stop them from enacting their punishment on him.

He was too young and not blessed by the moon. They forcefully took Alijah back into the pack he had left behind. The next part of the tale left me wishing it was just that. Or something that had been mistranslated and added through the times to make it seem worse.

They isolated the poor young wolf from everyone, including his family, that was nowhere to be found at the time. He was fed and forced to procreate with any female deemed worthy. This was to create a true heir for his line. However, it never happened.

They did not know this back in Alijah's time, but thanks to studies that were done on Fenris. This was without his knowledge. They learned that red moon Lycans were sterile. They theorized they could not produce an heir unless the blood moon graced them, turning them into their truest self.

They proved it correct because Alijah could not produce an heir. All while Fenris did the moment he was exposed to the moon. Alijah, unable to escape his predicament, stayed with them under those conditions. It slowly chipped away at his sanity.

On the young wolf's twenty-second birthday, the blood moon graced the Lycans with their presence once again. At that time, Alijah unleashed unforeseen wrath over their kind. His entire pack was annihilated that night alone.

There was only one survivor, a merchant, that was visiting the pack, who made it out to warn the others. Most thought he would be done. After all, he took his vengeance on those who took everything, but no. Alijah was not done. He wanted to destroy the world that turned a blind eye to his pain.

For an entire year, the black wolf terrorized anyone who came on his path. No magic or weapon could stop him. Well, until a witch opened the gate to the soul cairn. It differed from the way Stella had done, as it did not cause an apocalyptic scenario. The woman worked with the elves to create the first artifact with a soul of a fallen god.

The elves made the others with lesser souls, from brief natural moments that the gate opened. Elves would track these down usually. It took the lives of one hundred elves to create an artifact powerful enough to seal Alijah away. The smaller artifacts that had been made before the witch opened the gate for them. They were too weak to do anything other than halt time.

The reason they never used wolfsbane to stop him. That was because they feared he would destroy the world. After all, with his power, he could accomplish it in a split second. And everyone knew how wolfsbane made the Lycans rabid. Back then, they were unstoppable.

Alijah had been taking his sweet time because he wanted to see them suffer. He was only twenty-three when he was sealed away in that forsaken realm that held him. They made him into a monster, even though he had not been born one like me.

The Lycans of old were cruel. In most parts, I wanted to believe they were not present like that. But it sounded so eerily like what they wanted to do with Fenris. What if I had been an elf, unable to bear a child? Would I have been treated the same? My life was in danger because I was not a Lycan. Although killing me would have been their greatest mistake.

What had happened to the man, who I thought of as nothing more than a deadly monster. Disgusted me.

‘Poor Alijah... I never thought your life was so shitty.’

By the time Ursula was done with what she knew. I wanted to throw up for other reasons than my pregnancy. Unable to hold my discontent, I buried myself into Fenris's chest, who seemed to be the same as I was. It was almost like they were trying to do the same to him.

Everything my wolf heard was eerily similar to his own life. People never learned, even knowing their history. Even Shade thought that was a step too far. Alijah had glossed over a lot when we spoke in that weird space. Maybe it was because of the time constraints. Though I suspected he did not want me to feel pity for him.

I would never know the black wolf’s reasons, but he was not the evil being I saw him as. He was just another victim of this cruel world of ours. And he had every right to hate the world that took everything from him.

His own family seemed to have abandoned him in that rotten place, too. It made me want to save him, but could I save him? Was he too far gone? No... Tobias had said that I was not the one. But if it were not by my hands, then at whose would he finally know peace? Having had enough, Fenris urged me onto his back.

Amelia and Ben returned from their errand, not knowing a thing of what had transpired. They handed me a few dull cookies to eat. Fenris held me tightly to him so I could eat while he carried me out of the room. There was a lot to swallow after the day's revelations.

Instead of heading to the room, Amelia insisted we would go to the Silver Fang manor. Ryker agreed that the way tensions appeared, it would be safer for me to be away from all of this. After all, the Silver Fangs had an army of Lycans loyal to them alone. No one would be dumb enough to go to the manor to harm me. And Evan did not live there.

The fact I was leaving the building was surreal. Especially stepping into a world I did not know how to behave in. Amelia put it in terms of Fenris finally coming home. Melody shyly followed along when Ben encouraged her to come as well. Liam tagged along, too. Though this would not be his first trip into the manor.

However, for me, it would be the first time I ever laid eyes on it. The trip there was not long. The manor was near to the Cerberus base. After the grey gates opened, the manor itself was a sight to behold. Surprisingly, around us were Lycans in their beast forms, bowed to us on our way in. The building seemed to be made of marble. It was fancier than anything I had ever seen in a book.

Smaller than Cerberus, though, but that was an entire organization founded by Lycans themselves.

"Like it?" Fenris asked, stopping by the entrance so I could inspect everything.

Melody seemed to be taken aback by the beauty, too. Everything seemed like a fairy tale. Fenris had all he needed here. Yet he left it to be in a room with me. It made me feel guilty somewhat.

"It is amazing. This was your home?" I said in awe.

I had been blissfully unaware of Fenris's lineage until this moment. The majestic beauty of the building itself was a whole another level. The architecture was on par with royalty, too. On every corner, it had wolf statues. They each had plates with names on them. The linage of the Silver Fang family.

There was a beautiful garden full of roses of colors I did not even know existed. Though the ones that called out to me the most were blue, purple, and black. It was beautiful. It also reminded me of the scent I smelled on Fenris when he was younger. No wonder the scent of the flowers lingered on him when he was in town. Many of them had surrounded him.

"Mhm. Now it is yours too." Fenris pointed out.

I quickly crashed back to the world upon hearing him say that.

"What no... I am just a guest." I grumbled.

He sighed in response.

"You will be..." my wolf mumbled, shaking his head.

He headed inside, saying nothing else, though. Ben waited for him by the door. Amara had come with us, too. Amelia always wanted a medic in the home for me. Even though humans could bear children from any race, it was harder than a normal pregnancy.

It was probably why Amara kept checking on me. Even though she kept my pregnancy a secret. And the fact I was having twins for sure made it even worse. Amelia had promised Amara full lodge and pay while she helped me with the pregnancy. It was an offer too good to pass up. Especially since she would work for the famous Silver Fang family, too.

Once inside, the interior decoration was found in royalty. It never hit me that Fenris was basically from a sovereign family. I always knew he was important, but this hammered it in place. He was more than vital. My wolf was an heir to an entire kingdom. Even Amelia's stuck-up attitude made sense if this was where she had grown up.

They even had maids, butlers, staffers, and things that I never thought I would ever see in my lifetime. All of them were purely loyal to the Silver Fang family, too. They were composed of every race, which surprised me even more. Of course, none were combat-worthy, but they did always had Lycans patrolling around in the manor grounds.

The moment we came in, Amelia ordered the chef to make a meal that I could digest easily. I wanted to tell Amelia not to worry about it, but my stomach rapidly betrayed me. Without letting me down, Fenris asked one maid to prepare a bath for us. I tugged on his ears to tell him it was unnecessary.

 Instead, he growled slightly at my treatment before ignoring me. Ben showed Amara to the living room. Hesitantly, Melody went in, unsure of her surroundings. Though Liam dragged her inside before sitting her on the couch next to him.

Even the maids called Liam, young master. This was all too surreal. Fenris, instead of going into the living room, followed one maid upstairs to the bathroom. We waited outside while Shade seemed to enjoy our change of pace.

"It is about time." Shade said, pleased with the treatment surrounding her.

It took only a couple of minutes for the maid to finish what she was doing inside, leaving the room to ourselves. Setting me down on the floor, Fenris led me inside to reveal what looked like a pool rather than a bathtub. I glanced between it and Fenris, confused about what we were supposed to do.

Shade hopped off my shoulder to paw the water. It had rose petals floating on them. It was too luxurious.

"It is so warm!" Shade informed me, wagging her tail, pleased by everything she was seeing.

Fenris suddenly took off his clothes, leaving me flustered. I think he knew I was in shock at everything since I refused to move. After he was done with his clothing, he seized mine off. All I could do was stare at him while he chuckled, enjoying my innocence. He undid the laces on my dress before kissing me lightly on the lips.

After he was done, he reached under my dress to remove my underwear, letting the dress fall on its own.

"Come..." Fenris murmured in my ear.

Slowly, he led me to the stairs that allowed entrance to the giant tub. Though it seemed to be a pool more than anything else. Flower petals that floated on top of the water stuck to his skin. Steadily, he led me into the water that was as warm as Shade had noted. After the water was midway to my waist, Fenris let go of my hands, reaching for a basket that was on the side.

Grabbing the metal bucket that was inside of it, Fenris filled it with water before drenching me in it. For a moment, I stared at him, perplexed at everything that was going on. He grabbed the soap and lathered my hair. I felt like a child being pampered.

After the next bucket rinsed the soap away, I glared at him, not wanting to be treated as such. No matter how warm it was.

"Fen..." I tried to complain.

The playful wolf scooped my cheeks in his hands, kissing me lightly once again. His left hand traced his fingers through my body, ending up at my abdomen. Instinctively I grabbed onto his hand, unsure of where he was going, but I knew he would not hurt me.

When he pulled away from my lips. In his eyes was the gentlest expression I had ever seen him have.

"I cannot believe... you’re carrying my pups. I think am still in shock." Fenris said, trying to get into the right state of mind.

Instinctively, I glanced away from his eyes and down to the water. I had placed him in a difficult position because of my carelessness. He must have been angry this whole time.

"I am sorry..." I apologized, feeling guilty.

After all, I was forcing him into fatherhood. And that was something I desired to avoid. Especially since he was not in control that night. I was, and I failed him.

"No... No... that is not what I meant." Fenris reassured me, grabbing me by my waist.

He pulled my right hand towards his lips with his left.

"What...?" I mumbled, not quite following.

I was surprised Fenris was not yelling at me or scolding me for what happened. He was not angry that I had trapped us in this situation. Even though he should have been.

"I thought so many things would happen before this. Like..." Fenris trailed off, glancing at me softly.

Not for a moment did he give away from me. Something in his eyes told me he was dead serious about what he was about to do next. Placing my ring finger on his mouth, he bit into it slightly, breaking the skin. It stung a bit, but it was not compared to what I had felt before or done to myself. Licking the blood off, he glanced at me once again. I was utterly confused by what he had done.

‘Does he want me to cast a spell or something?’

No, what he wanted to do was something else.

"I wanted to do this by the beach. But it seems it will not happen soon. It would be too dangerous to do it either way." He stopped to glance at me once again, making sure my eyes were on his.

"By the time that heals... I will have a ring to replace it." Fenris added, setting my heart ablaze.

It... My ears must have misheard.

"Fenris?" I mumbled his name.

He licked the wound around my finger. Upon closer inspection resembled a ring.

"Lilith, marry me." Fenris proposed to me, placing my hand on his forehead with his eyes closed.

For a moment, I stared at him, not really believing that this was my reality. It could not be.

"I... I..." Tears dropped from my eyes.

I gazed at the man I loved doing something that I prevented myself from ever dreaming of.

"Am dreaming, aren't I?" I mumbled, not really believing my eyes.

He pulled away from my hand and kissed my forehead.

"No... You are not dreaming. I want you to be my wife, silly witch." Fenris simpered, his cheeks slightly pink.

Unable to contain the happiness flushing over me, I hugged him tighter than I had ever done. His wife... This really had to be a dream.

"Yes! I will marry you!" I burst.

For a while, he held me tightly to his body. My wolf was glad that I had accepted. Not that it was ever in doubt. Pulling away from the embrace, Fenris went to kiss me, only to be interrupted by Shade's form of congratulations.

"Good job, lover boy." Shade sassed Fenris from the side.

She was applauding him for being hitched. In response, Fenris rolled his eyes before biting onto his lip. He had remembered all the things she had said earlier in the day. In a split second, he pulled away from me, diving into the water and swimming to her.

When he emerged out of the water next to her, she seemed unimpressed by him. For a moment, they gazed at each other. Fenris chuckled a bit, thinking of ways to get his own payback.

"You can’t die, right?" Fenris asked Shade, who seemed to be surprised by his question.

"What?" she blurted out at the wolf, who was eyeing her down.

Fenris smirked playfully. Before Shade knew it, she was in the air, splashing down on the water below. My little familiar shared the trait of hating water like most other felines. She could touch it, but not bathe in it.

Instantly, she shifted sizes to be big enough to poke her head out of the water. Fenris snickered from the side while she hissed at him from the middle of the tub.

"The nerve of you! If you were not Lilith's love, I would have murdered you this instance!" Shade raged from the middle of the water, not really knowing how to swim.

"So, I get a permanent pass, good to know," Fenris smirked, feeling pleased by his payback for Shade's earlier feistiness.

In return, she grumbled to herself. I giggled, unable to contain myself after seeing these two go at it.

"It is not that bad." I crackled when Shade frowned at me for laughing.

Slowly, she made her way to me as Fenris swam back as well. Sitting next to me in the water, Shade grumbled curses to herself. Fenris engulfed me in his arms.

"Can... I make love to my fiancée?" Fenris whispered in my ear, picking me up by my waist.

I curled my legs on his hips. Instead of answering him with my voice, I kissed his lips lightly. He smirked, finding his way into me. Every thrust caused the surrounding water to make waves. Shade sat behind us, grumpy as ever, though.

Slight moans escaped my mouth when Fenris pushed himself all the way inside. It felt like he was kissing the entrance of my womb. The last time he had done this was on the blood moon, but he had as well...

"I just remembered something..." I simpered, trailing my fingers on his face.

The shortness of breath triggered him to kiss me again, only to pull away soon after. He was curious about what I meant to leave me too breathless to speak.

"Now? Out of all times?" Fenris asked, puzzled at what I could have remembered while being held by him.

We were connected, and my wolf was not done. Though curiosity held him in place. At least while I spoke.

‘Is it okay for me to be this happy? To be his wife? His one and only. Are my wishes coming true? He will be mine for all eternity.’

This bliss was addictive. I needed nothing more, but little did I know. I still had other joys to discover.

"Mhm... I remembered something you did during the red moon." I giggled, pulling myself closer to him.

Fenris seemed unaware of what I was trying to say, tilting his head along with those cute ears of his.

"You mean, other than trying to tear you apart?" He studied me, wondering if I had lost my mind somewhere along the way.

Wrapping my arms around his neck, I tugged him down enough for me to nibble at his nose playfully.

"No..." I pouted a bit.

He kissed me in response to my nibble, only for me to pull away from him.

"You tried to knot me like a female Lycan. It was cute. But… I am sorry I can’t give that to you." I whispered, triggering his cheeks to go bright pink.

For a moment, he fumbled around his words before he shook his head.

"I... sorry, that must have been agonizing." Fenris apologized, feeling guilty he ever did that to me.

It was painful, but it was also so a filling experience.

"Only a bit. I kind of enjoyed it when you were trying so hard to..." I trailed off not, realizing what I was saying until it was too late.

In response, Fenris chuckled before kissing me again. This time, his tongue traveled through my mouth before separating from me. His affection left me flustered.

"My hard work... gave fruit." Fenris licked his lips.

His cheeks were flushed pink. He wasted no time in moving once again. This time leaving very little time to speak. His thrust was hitting every sweet spot I had. Though it was not long before we both found our release. I held onto him, riding out my high as he panted for air. Glancing over to Shade, she still grumbled to herself next to us.

"Hey..." Fenris whispered to Shade, who protested in response to his call.

Even though she loved to bully him. There was no doubt in my mind that she loved him just as much as I did. After all, our bond had made us part of each other. Usually, what I felt, she also felt.

"I love you too. You know that, right?" Fenris panted, triggering Shade to glance at him.

She scowled for a moment, but she licked his cheek. Shade had done nothing like that to anyone other than me.

"Is that why you thought I needed a bath?" She grumbled, rolling his eyes at him.

He chuckled, glancing back at me.

"Na... I just wanted to drench you too." Fenris teased her.

She complained about his joke, pouting again. Touching my cheek, he smiled. He seemed happier than usual.

"You two... are the start of my family unit." Fenris simpered, kissing me again.

The happiness that radiated from Shade filled me. Those words melted her own heart, as well as mine. Not wanting to push me too far, Fenris pulled away from me to finish his bath. I bathed shaded, who stared at me unenthusiastic at my attempts to make her smell good.

After we were done, Shade shrunk back into her minor form. It allowed me to dry her easier. When I was done with her, I focused on myself. Though I quickly noticed I had no extra clothes to wear. Fenris, who pulled a gown out of the clothes that were brought by the maids, quickly remedied this. It was Amelia's.

Tomorrow they would bring me better clothes. So, for tonight, I would endure wearing clothing a bit more revealing than I was used to. For example, it exposed my arms and most of my legs. Fenris called me beautiful upon seeing me clothed. His words produced me not want to come out of the bathroom though. But with a little coaxing from him and Shade somehow, we made it out.

After a bit of more encouragement, I made it into the room with the others. All of them gazed at me. It was not rude, but they had never seen me wear something like this. Fenris did not let me feel too embarrassed, tugging me along to the couch.

We sat next to Melody and Liam. Shade followed along, jumping onto my lap. Everyone conversed about humbler things. No one really mentioned anything of what was to come, instead indulged themselves in other simpler matters. Melody tried not to say much, but Ben did not let her stay too quiet. It was his first time having a younger sister.

The brothers wanted to know more about Melody's life, which she happily filled them in. Even Amelia, who resented Melody because of what the poor girl represented to her parents' ruined relationship, slowly allowed her in as well. Though most of the time I was silent, I could not help but feel at peace.

The stinging sensation that was left by Fenris's bite reminded me of everything he had said. Before leaving the bathroom, Fenris had bandaged it. This was to prevent it from getting worse if I caught it on something by mistake. It was superficial compared to some of my other self-inflicted injuries, and it meant much more than I could have ever wished for.

It was not long before I felt unwell again. Fenris was the first to notice, as Amelia rushed over with a drink and biscuits that were on the table. Even though I was trying to not sour the mood, seeing her come to me like that. It triggered something within me. After all, she used to hate me so vividly.

“Why do you care?” I mumbled, pushing myself slightly into the chair.

Maybe it was the fact I felt sick, but I did not want her near me. Not while her intentions were unclear. The moment that left my mouth, Ben suggested a tour of the house. Everyone agreed to follow the elder brother, leaving me alone with Amelia and Fenris. My wolf refused to leave my side.

Amelia took a moment to collect her thoughts before answering me.

"I... am sorry for how I treated you in the past. I really tried to separate myself from your truth. It was easier to see you as a monster than a victim. I thought I needed to hate you. I was... No, I am awful for how I treated you." Amelia began.

Even though I did not know what to expect; I listened to her. Fenris and Shade were also silent while she spoke. Though my little familiar was trying to eat my biscuits, much to Amelia's annoyance. After pushing her off the treats meant for me, the eldest sister sighed before meeting her gaze on the floor.

"Then... I unexpectedly walked into your side of the story when you were speaking to the others. I... could not bring myself to hate you after that. Fenris was also determined to keep you by his side that I... realized I had to change my perspective. Though I was late to realize Grandpa had filled me with irrational hate.” She sighed, closing her eyes.

“Even so, I am as guilty for letting it happen." Amelia continued, not really meeting my gaze.

Fenris gripped my hand against his chest, glancing away from us. He did not want to interrupt his sister, who was trying to change her ways.

"Is that why you did not push me away during the festival when I fell on you?" I asked, catching Fenris's attention right away.

If it was anything about me, then… He could not stay quiet.

"You what?" Fenris mumbled upon hearing my question aimed at Amelia.

"If I had not heard your story, I probably would have shoved you into that wall. But I could not. I had spent the day reading your case files. Sadly, I had avoided them before. Then I saw the rest of your scars." Amelia traced her fingers through the scars on my leg.

It triggered me to quiver at her sudden touch. Her gentle fingers, although cold, felt good on my skin.

"They looked so different from the pictures in your file... During the blood moon, Fenris did that, didn't he?" Amelia asked, pulling away from my arm.

I nodded slightly, not being able to find my voice. This was all too new to me.

"I figured something like that happened after hearing Ursula's tale from Liam. He filled us in when you were bathing. Though, my stupid brother is probably why you may have more than a pup, too. This won’t be easy." Amelia glanced at Fenris.

My wolf grumbled in return, feeling guilty that I would have to bear over one child. However, in the short time, I had this happen to me; the child had already changed my life for the better. It allowed me an opening for Amelia and me to get closer. Something that I thought would never happen.

"I am sorry. I tried so hard to shut you out. Though, I hope one day you can forgive me." Amelia apologized again.

I could not accept it. Even though she was cold and hateful before. I did not blame her at all for it. No... the only one to blame was the cult I belonged to.

"I do not deserve your apologies. I was part of the Moira. It was natural for you to hate me." I assured her.

She sighed in response, not liking my willingness to be hated.

"No... you do. Lilith, I allowed myself to be filled with hate. All because it was easier than trying to understand you. I am ashamed of myself for letting grandpa dictate what I felt. For not thinking for myself. And for that, I am truly sorry." Amelia expresses regret again.

The sincerity of her voice broke through me. She truly lamented what she had done. Even though our interactions were minimum and barely anything to note, she felt guilty for not listening to her brothers. Maybe our relationship would have been different if she had. She glanced down to the floor where she was kneeling to speak to me. Closing her eyes, she shook her head before gazing back up at me.

"Now... to why I am so interested in your pregnancy. That is because I can never have children of my own. I was born infertile. It is also why my first marriage failed." Amelia informed, nervously chuckling.

Bitter memories were arising while she spoke.

"Ben seems to have no children. Nor plans on having some since he is currently in a relationship with an incompatible race. So... your babies are probably the only ones I will ever see. Well, that will be of my blood. I will do anything to be part of their lives. I just hope I can amend everything I have done to you in time.” Amelia truly regretted everything she had done.

The fear in her voice that I would never forgive her for how she treated me. It was eating away at me and her. I never hated her for the way she handled me. Though I always wished to have a good relationship with her. Of course, I never pushed it. I thought it was impossible. Especially with everything that I had experienced.

Having my emotions dulled did not help my cause to build bonds.

"It is okay..." I simpered, suddenly hugging Amelia.

She was genuinely trying to make amends, and I was willing to accept that. My sudden embrace stunned her. She did not think I would do something like that. For a moment, she hesitated to return the affection. But the moment she gave in, I felt soothed by everything that happened.

All because of the life that was growing inside of me. When we separated, Amelia grabbed onto my hand to see the bandage on my finger. Releasing another sigh, she helped me back onto the couch next to Fenris.

“Aren’t you a fucking animal!?” Amelia huffed at her brother.

I had never had the opportunity to see how these siblings interacted, but that would change.

"What did you say?!?" Fenris growled at his sister's insult for her.

She grimaced at him, utterly disappointed.

"You heard me, little brother," she affirmed her previous statement towards him, who seemed to go on the defensive.

But before he could get another word out, she continued without letting him get to the high ground.

"Wait here. I will be back." Amelia announced, heading out the door.

Fenris growled at her departure. I could not help but gaze at their interactions, not realizing what they were fighting about. The others got back before Amelia, who joined not long after they came. In her hands was a tiny box. She glanced at Amara, who was just about to sit down.

"Can you heal her finger? So, Fenris here can do a better job." Amelia asked Amara, who seemed confused by her request.

The elf had not seen the injury in my hand. The moment she spotted it, she ran over to me to assess it. It really was nothing out of this world. Especially with the meaning behind it. I was somewhat disappointed to see it slowly go away with her magic.

"What?" Fenris mumbled, not knowing what his sister was after.

Before he could even stand up to confront her, she threw a tiny delicate box to him, surprising him. He stared at it for a moment before opening it. It revealed one of the most beautiful rings I had ever seen. It was a delicate little thing, made from platinum.

The centerpiece was a moonstone in a shape of a half-moon. Around the ring seemed to be small pink diamonds and sapphires decorating it. It stunned Fenris upon seeing it. Unlike me, he knew who it belonged to previously.

"That is the Silver Fang family ring. It used to be moms. Now it will be your fiancée's." Amelia declared.

It left me speechless. From the moment she spotted my injury, she knew what it meant.

"Amelia, I can’t..." Fenris felt the same sentiment as I.

Closing the box, he tried to hand it back to Amelia. Instead of accepting it, she sighed yet again.

"I will never get married again. And Ben here is not planning on starting a family, so it is only right that it goes to you. You can pass it on to your pups and so on." Amelia assured Fenris that it was fine.

That their mother probably would want the same.

"You accept me?" I mumbled out.

It triggered Amelia to smile at me. Hate would not rule her heart any longer.

"Of course, I do. I am sure Ben has no issues with it either." Amelia said, gazing at Ben, who just smiled in return.

"No objections from me," the elder brother assured his sister, who turned back to us.

"Amelia, sometimes you just stun me." Fenris chuckled, covering his face with his hands, unable to explain his emotions.

It was not long before he recovered, though. Kneeling once again, this time towards her little brother, she grabbed onto his hand, pulling it to her cheek.

"I failed you as a sister, too. I have a lot to make up for. This is just the start." Amelia simpered at her baby brother, who was just as stunned as me.

He never expected his family to respond this way towards us being official. Especially her. The support was there, and that was more than he or I could ever ask for. However, something she said bothered me. I reached for her shirt, tugging on it slightly.

"Amelia... Do not say you will not find love," I mumbled, not feeling happy she said that.

I did not know what happened to her during her marriage, but upon hearing me say that, her eyes widened. They voiced a bitter expression on her face.

"You really are sweet. No, dear, I will not. Sadly, love is not for me. But... I am sure I will love again even if it is not romantic." Amelia smiled, letting go of her brother to grab onto my hands.

"One thing, that is for sure. No, that I will vow to, is that your pups will have nothing to worry about. I, Amelia Silver Fang, swear to it." She promised, bowing her head to me.

Ben joined her, too.

"So will I." He reassured us.

Fenris, unable to digest everything, grabbed me and placed his head on my shoulder.

"I love you," Fenris whispered.

Although, I was sure he did not mean it to me alone. Amelia stood up from the floor, walking a few steps away from us to give us the room. Amara finished, closing the superficial wound before stepping away from us too.

"So, go on stupid baby brother, propose to her as she deserves it. Publicly. After all, there is no need for you to hide your love any longer." Amelia urged Fenris onward.

He growled, slightly embarrassed by the position he found himself in. Thanks to his meddling big sister.

"I might murder you tonight, sis." Fenris gazed towards his sister, who just smiled in return.

Closing his eyes, he muttered something before glancing at me once again. His cheeks were purely pink. Helping me up from the couch, he slumped down on his knee. Melody covered her mouth, excited at what was happening in front of her eyes.

Again... I found myself in a scenario that I never thought I would see.

"Will you marry me, Lilith?" Fenris asked again.

I felt my heart almost come up my throat. Shade sat beside us, staring at Fenris and me. I tried to find the courage to answer him. His eyes... No, his everything... was open to me at this moment. Noticing I had frozen up, Shade jumped on me to restart me.

‘Get him! He is ours! Finally!’ Shade burst, feeling the same emotions as I.

Our beloved wolf would be ours. Closing my eyes, I tried to hold back the tears that were swelling.

"Yes." I found the voice that had drowned with the emotions surging within me.

It had to be a sin for me to feel like this. I did not know if it were the hormones, but I could not stop myself from crying silly. Their kindness was killing me. Fenris grinned widely upon hearing my answer, placing the ring on the same finger he had marked before.

Without wasting another second, he kissed me lightly, only to be forced away by Melody hugging me. Happily, she cried for me, as I could not hold my own emotions in check. Liam went over to Fenris, who was not happy to have me ripped out of his arms, to congratulate him on his engagement.

"Man, Fen, it only took you ten years." Liam teased Fenris, who growled in response.

Though my wolf’s annoyance would quell when his older brother hugged him, happy for him. After that, we moved to the dining table and had a meal, which was extremely delicious. Although I think what made it, the best was that we were together happily chattering.

When we came back into the living area, I felt drowsy. It was not long before I fell asleep on Fenris's arm. I did not even realize I was gone until the next day, when I woke up in an unknown room next to him. This would be the start of my life in the Silver Fang manor.

5