Setting the Stage
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I was asked to transcribe this account of The Non-Traditional Key Gullz, I knew it was one of grand landscapes, great risks, and, most importantly, music. It would be careless of me not to ensure you were familiar with the basic anatomy of a song since I have written many portions of this manuscript within that structure.

A ‘verse’ is a unique part of the song that tells the story. A ‘pre-chorus’ is a repeating build up to the chorus which follows it. A ‘chorus’ is the most recognizable part of a song that repeats several times. A ‘bridge’ is a part of the song that is musically, and sometimes lyrically, different than the rest of the song and leads into its conclusion, which is sometimes another chorus and sometimes a coda. A ‘coda’ is the song’s conclusion when it’s different than the chorus.

You see, no adventure involving NTKG would be complete without writing about the songs that literally drove the action. Narrative is interwoven within the music and I even share with you the song and artist that was covered. More often than not, each verse, chorus, or other song part will have its own accompanying text. For additional clarity, each section will list its first and last accompanying lyric. If the section begins or ends with an instrumental, you’ll see this symbol ♫♫♫. Rock on!

If you are reading my account without the recommended musical accompaniment, then a true fan of the legendary NTKG musical catalogue surely you are not. I have always found music and sound to be a mighty enhancer of all things, and this book is no exception. The text alone may be a semi-humorous affair, but with the historically accurate musical back drop, it will cue you in on the emotional roller coaster our heroes felt surging through their instrumental fingers as they faced the rocking world’s greatest challenges. Even if you know the songs in your head and do not think you need to play them out loud, then maybe do it out of respect for them: Key Gullz, Thad Penguino, Sir Taco, and of course Candii. Just listen. Let the music gently fade into the background of your attention.

Listing to the song's lyrics and reading at the same time is not necessary. NTKG is a cover band, after all. They are no more original authors of the lyrics they chose to sing than I am of the account I am about to share with you. They merely chose the most rockin’ jams to psyche themselves up when the power of music was required. Their account is the most important target of your attention, so just feel the music as you read along.

Now please, enjoy the latest quest partaken by The Non-Traditional Key Gullz, one that changed them and the Land of Rock forever.

                                                    -Unsigned

Who wrote this?
  • Candii! Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Morgana! Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Spoonman! Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We'll never know! Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0
0