30
8 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Blanca came back to the room after a while and brought in the news that the King wanted to see her. Arcane’s head was a mess, She couldn’t understand a single thing that had occurred to her in the past few days and the words of Zeus were constantly pricking her. “Why did he say that? Was he someone Arcane knew? Why did he look so sad?” She muttered. “As if he had been abandoned.”
“Pardon? Did you say something?” Blanca glanced at her reflection in the mirror and asked Arcane.
“Nothing,” she said and looked at her reflection. ‘Arcane...I am Arcane now, and I am supposed to find out who the character is. I have a gut feeling that it can change my fate, I might be able to live through the crisis that is going to be upon me.’
“You are ready, Princess.”
Blanca retreated with a pleased look on her face. She had tied up her hair into a beautiful bun and was waiting to be praised but Arcane got up lifelessly and walked out of the room. As expected Darius was standing outside the door, waiting to escort her to the King’s room. But Arcane was too immersed in her thoughts that she didn’t notice him and continued to walk on her own. Darius’s eyes filled with disappointment. He took a few steps and stood in front of her. She continued to walk in a daze and before she could step on him he flicked her forehead lightly trying to bring her back into reality.
“Ouch!” She groaned, she lifted her head to see who it was while rubbing her forehead lightly.
“Oh! Chancellor?” His eyebrows twitched. “I mean Sir Darius.”
“Much better.” He smiled handsomely. “Now if you may.” HE held out his hand for her to grasp.” Arcane chuckled and held his hand. “I would be honored,” she said. Darius kissed her hand gently before leading her towards the King’s room.
“The Princess looks worried. Is everything okay?”
Arcane pouted as she thought over his question. “How should I put it?...” She pondered. “It’s just that things have gotten very complicated. I can’t figure out anything.”
Darius was looking at her while she spoke in confusion. Her forehead was creased forming lines. Darius smirked and pressed against her forehead with the tip of his index finger. “There is no problem without a solution.”
Arcane stopped at his sudden gesture and was stunned. “Usually we are so immersed in looking at the smaller details that we miss the broader view. Look at your problem from afar and see how your current situation can cope with it.”
Arcane was impressed by his words. “YOu sure are a worthy chancellor! I will give it a try for sure.” Arcane punched his shoulder and laughed. Darius chuckled and the corner of his ears grew red.
“You must be having a great time, Chancellor.” To ruin their moment a moldy voice rang in Arcane ear and brought chills to her body.
Darius’s face stiffened as well and both of them turned around at the same time.
Arcane’s expressions crumpled and she gulped in her saliva with great difficulty, while Darius’s face had darkened a few shades.
“Greeting to the Duke,” said Arcane.
“I have yet to take up the title, Don’t call me Duke.” He spoke in a sullen tone.
‘Look at this spoiled raccoon! You should be thankful that I am not taking off my shoe to beat the pulp out of you.’ Arcane gritted her teeth and thought inwardly.
“What brings the Second Prince to the Palace?” Asked Darius in an uninviting tone.
“Why don’t you ask the king that question, Dear Chancellor. Could you let go of my fiance's hand by the way? It's very displeasing to see creepy old men touching her like that.” His eyes were shooting lasers at their tightly clasped hands. Arcane glanced at it.
“I don’t think the princess Minds it at all. Is that right Princess.” Darius asked in a sweet tone.
“I think we should greet the kIng he must be waiting for us.” Arcane tightened the grip around Darius’s hand and pulled him towards the King’s room leaving Iroas alone in the hallway.
Darius bit his lip while lines formed beside his eyes, He looked very pleased with what Arcane did in front of Iroas. “Thank You, Princess.” HE said.
“For what?”
“For not letting go of my hand.” He said.
“Sigh… its basic ethics to accompany your escort until the end. It’s a two-sided relationship.” Arcane winked at him.
‘Hah! Do you think I would let you go for a person who was mercilessly cutting off my throat without even breaking a sweat? Do I look like an idiot to you?’
“The Princess is entering.” The guards in front of the King’s door announced her arrival.
She entered the room and let go of Darius’s hand. Carvin sat behind the pile of paperwork with a tired gaze. Upon seeing Arcane he gave her a welcoming look and got up from his seat.
“It is good to see you, daughter.”
Arcane smiled blissfully and nodded. “I feel blessed to have met the King again.” Carvin’s face gave momentary grief but then he asked her to take a seat.
“You must be hungry, YOu haven’t had your breakfast yet.” SAid Carvin.
“Not at all. I am not hungry, Your Majesty can just tell me the reason why he has called me here.” Arcane asked.
“Ahm…” Carvin took his seat and cleared his throat, he was trying to look for words to describe the situation.
“An envoy from Ridavell came to the Palace a few days ago. They say the duke is not in the best of his health, Your return has been requested.”
He peeked at Arcane to see her response. “ I understand,”
“I have thought this through and would like you to go back and meet your father,” His voice shook.
“I will do as your MAjesty suggests,” Arcane replied blankly.
“Are you worried? Should I send the best Doctors along with you so they can treat your father?” Carvin asked enthusiastically.
‘Sigh! To think that the king is going to die… It hurts. I hate this, why do only the main characters get to live? Why can’t he live as well?’ Her mind drifted into another dimension.
“There is no need for that, your majesty…” she replied. “I will prepare for the journey if you may excuse me.” She said,
“You don’t have to, I have already prepared everything beforehand. You only have to promise me one thing,” said Carvin in a longing tone.
Arcane’s eyebrow lifted. “You have to come back.” His eyeballs trembled.
“Oh!... Yes, I definitely will, after all this is my home.” She smiled.
“Carvin seems very satisfied with the answer. “I have prepared the best escort for you. You will have no trouble throughout your journey.” Carvin looked at the door and smiled. “Look, he is here already.”
Arcane turned around to see who I was.
“What the…” Her jaw dropped when she saw who it was.
3