31
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Just outside the King’s office, Arcane stood with a pale face, her fingers twisted in confusion. “Why Iroas? Why of all the darn people?” She spoke to herself in a lifeless tone. Her legs felt weak and she held onto the pillar for support. “What happened? Princess.” Darius walked out behind her when the king said he had something to discuss in private with Iroas. “Sir Darius… Why did the king choose the Duke to accompany me? Can’t I go back with someone else? Even being alone is alright.” Arcane's voice wavered as she spoke, her eyes filled with fear and confusion. Darius’s eyes keenly observed her. “You… it seems you are scared of the Second Prince.” Arcane’s eyes popped out in disbelief. “Who isn’t?” She stated the fact in a firm voice, almost making Darius crack a smile. “But what a pity, You are already engaged to him.” Darius pursed his lips, his heart heavy with the knowledge that Arcane was bound to a man she feared and loathed. “So what? I will break it off. I don’t want to be a plaything, People have played with me enough, from now on I will take responsibility for my life.” Her tone was filled with determination, and Darius couldn't help but admire her strength. He smiled and patted her head gently. “Our Princess is all grown up.”
“Sir Darius! Are you going to tease me as well? I thought we were friends.” Arcane pouted, and Darius felt a flutter in his chest as he realized that she considered him a friend. “It is very amusing to hear that the Princess has considered me a friend.” HE smirked, trying to hide the fact that he held deeper feelings for her. “Now that I am your friend I will have to listen to your every problem. Feel free to look for me whenever you want.” “I sure will,” Arcane replied and bowed slightly before leaving. Darius kept his gaze on her until she took a turn and disappeared from sight. “Tsk, tsk, tsk… What a pity, I would say.” Darius murmured to himself, as he watched her go.
Iroas’s voice crept into his ears, making him shudder. “How will she react when she finds out that the person she considers a friend actually holds some other kind of feelings for her.” Darius closed his eyes in annoyance and turned around to face Iroas. “At least she considers me something, Unlike someone who is forcing her to stay for his petty throne games.” Darius spat those words with disgust, his gaze holding a deep hatred for the man who was trying to use Arcane for his own gain. “Don’t even think of hurting the Princess!” Darius warned, his voice filled with protectiveness. “What if I have already planned on doing that?” Iroas sneered, but Darius didn't back down. “Then you should take care of your queen. She might get in trouble if you mess with the pawn I am interested in.” Darius's voice was firm, leaving no room for doubt about his feelings for Arcane.
As he watched Iroas walk away, Darius knew that he had to do everything in his power to protect and support Arcane, even if it meant risking his own happiness.
“My poor life,” Arcane whined and kicked the stones in the path angrily. She had walked out into the garden to get some fresh air.
The sun was shining brightly making her feel hot so she walked into the nearby trees to avoid the excessive heat. Just as she expected, the shade of the trees was cool. But it held an ominous feel to it. Arcane rubbed her arms as her chest slowly grew cold.
“What is this? I was alright a moment ago.” She rubbed her chest and looked around intently to see if something was wrong with the surrounding. Nothing seemed out of order, Arcane pressed her lips and frowned.
Her breath had shortened and every time she inhaled it felt like the air was cutting through her windpipe.
“What...what is going on?” She spoke heavily and looked around for help. Her legs went weak and she collapsed on the ground. Sudden darkness surrounded her eyes.
She saw that she was standing beside a dense Mulberry tree looking at Soarsa who was holding onto a black cat. She was guilty, and her hands were shaking. The cat was badly injured and was bleeding. ‘I didn’t mean to do this… What if it died?’ she whined. Soarsa had accidentally hit the cat with her spell.
“NO!! Zeus!” Arcane clenched her chest that felt like it was being carved out of her chest. Her eyes opened and she quickly got up. Arcane’s heart was pounding and the pain was growing every passing second.
She looked around for a mulberry tree. She ran around the trees like a headless chicken, her eyes were bloodshot. For some reason the sight of Zeus’s injury made her blood boil. Finally in the distance, Arcane saw Peacey hair floating in the wind. It was Soarsa sitting under the tree shivering while a bleeding cat was in her hands, just like the scene in her vision.
“ZEUS!” She cried and ran over towards them. Soarsa’s face paled when she saw Arcane rush towards them. Her eyes were watering and she had a pitiful expression on her face.
“Princess, this cat is hurt.” She cried, Arcane who had lost her mind lifted her hand and slapped Soarsa’s pale cheek with force making Soarsa fall into the thorny bush beside her. She groaned in pain. Arcane was disgusted, She couldn’t look at Soarsa for even a second longer as she wanted to puke.
Arcane pulled Zeus out of her hand and glared at her with a death gaze,
“He got hurt you say? If he doesn’t wake up I will make sure you don’t wake up as well.” Arcane was not her usual self. Something made her act that way. She looked down at the cat that had a deep cut on its back. Arcane bit her lip angrily.
“Hang on in there, I will definitely fix you.” She mumbled, Soarsa was trembling, Arcane had a visible dark cloud looming around her, she didn’t notice it but Soarsa could see it clearly. The redness of her eyes had increased immensely making her look like a demon.
Arcane pressed onto Zeus’s wound and walked towards the palace in a hurry.
1