32
5 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
“Hey! Wake up!... Don’t be like this!” Arcane placed the body gently onto a cushion and spoke to it in a weak tone.
“How did you get so hurt? How… How am I going to fix you?” Arcane felt broken, Though the cat she had met was not that dear to her deep in her chest she had a feeling as if she was losing a part of herself. The stuffiness of her chest crept into her throat. She pushed her chest to ease the pain. Her hand came into contact with something that she wore around her neck, She looked down at it with a dumbfounded face.
“This… This is.” Arcane mumbled, she held onto the sandglass with a flustered face. The red sand inside the glass was glowing. “Yes… YES! THIS IS IT!” She stood up hurriedly and pulled the pendant off her neck. She looked around the room for a container, she found nothing.
“Water! I need water!” She spoke breathlessly. Her eyes traced for anything that could have water and suddenly her eyes fell on the fountain outside the window. Without another thought, Arcane clenched around the pendant and picked up Zeus in her other hand, and jumped out of the window.
She kneeled beside the fountain, her eyes were red and she spoke in a pleading tone.
“Please work!” She threw the glass into the water and waited for the sand to seep out of the glass just like when it did back at the pond. Slowly the sand left the glass and mixed into the water. Arcane picked up Zeus in both hands, she gently lowered him into the water and closed her eyes while praying for him to get well.
“Please… Please be alright!” She mumbled painfully. Her head became hazy and everything slowly blurred out.
‘Back off!’
Arcane’s ears rang with the soft voice of a little child. The greyish smoke slowly turned into a dreamy picture, while her body slowly hugged the grass and she lost her consciousness.
A small girl stood with a stick in her hand. She was surrounded by five boys holding rocks in their hands. The girl glared at them with her blood-red eyes and protected the small kitten behind her that was heavily wounded,
“Hah! Look, the monster is out of her hole! No wonder the village was stinking of rust today.” They chuckled and threw a rock at the girl. She defensively stood in front of the sharp rock and god hit without avoiding it because if she avoided it, the rock would surely hit the cat and would kill it.
“Ah!” The little Arcane groaned in pain and held onto her head that was hit by the rock. Slowly something warm dripped down her head. The boys around her looked at her face with horror.
“The monster is bleeding! RUn or she will curse you!” One of them screamed in an exaggerated tone. All of them exchanged scared looks and screamed in one voice before rushing in the opposite direction, They vanished out of sight with only the echoing voices left.
Arcane turned around and looked at the cat with teary eyes. She reached for it with her stained hands and hugged it against her chest.
“Kitty! You will be alright! I will take you to my mother, she will treat you.” She mumbled softly. Her small feet ran through the busy streets pushing the crowd away. A few yards away from the busy village market. Close to the river was a small hut. Arcane pushed open the door of her house and shouted.
“Mother!”
The voice echoed in the house,
“What is it darling?” Her mother Nova peeked out of the kitchen door. She was a tall woman with long white hair tied into a neat braid. She had a red rose in her hair that resembled her deep red eyes. She was a frosty beauty with a sweet voice. Nova looked at Arcane’s flushed face. She was tearing up. “Love? Why are you crying?” Nova dried her hands with the apron she was wearing and then cupped Arcane’s face in worry.
“Please heal him.” Her lower lip had puffed up and a tear rested on the bridge of her eye waiting to roll out. Nove looked down at her hands and saw a wounded cat. She was surprised at how injured it was.
Nova examined her daughter and saw her pain. Even her hands were trembling and she was injured in her head. After getting a vague idea about the situation she nodded and pulled out the cat from Arcane’s hand. “Come,” She said.
Arcane Followed her closely, Nova walked down the stairs and towards the basement, She creaked open a door that led into a dim room. The curtains were drawn making it seem darker. The temperature of the place was lower as compared to the other parts of the house. Nova proceeds to walk towards the table in the center of the room. She laid the cat over it and looked at Arcane.
“Draw the curtains.”
Arcane nodded and ran over to the window and dragged away the curtains allowing the light to enter the room. The place was built with walnut wood, The room had multiple shelves loaded with scrolls and books with shabby covers.
“Now come here,” She called Arcane to come closer.
“Me?” She was surprised, Nova gave her a nod. Arcane approached her slowly.
Nova took her hand that was still stained with her blood and placed it on the cat. “You might feel a little weird but you have to stay strong…” She confirmed with Arcane but her eyes gesture and she gave her a nod. “ Good, Now repeat what I say,” Nova whispered. She too pressed her hands against Arcane’s and gave her an assuring nod.
“Fer canaso gu caors…'' her voice was calm, When Arcane slowly opened her lips to utter the same words she felt that her tongue had become heavy and she was barely able to move it. But at the sight of the injured cat, she couldn’t hold her sinking heart and she spoke with great effort. The words came out of her lips and slowly she felt her hands starting to freeze up. The cat twitched under her hand but it didn’t seem as if it was in pain, rather Arcane felt pain in the wound of her head. Nova grabbed onto Arcane who was having a hard time holding in her agony,
“Love, It will be over soon.”
The cold crept up her arms and slowly made its way towards her heart. At this moment she could no longer stay still and she fainted in the hands of her mother.
2