33
5 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Arcane woke up the next day with a sore body, She looked around the room and spotted the black cat purring peacefully over the cushion on the sofa. It looked alright but Arcane couldn’t hold herself from jumping out of her bed and picking it up.
“You are alright!” She heaved a sigh of relief. “I am so sorry I let you go like that! I am so sorry!” She mumbled regretfully while Zeus continued to sleep even in her arms.
The door was pushed open by Blanca and she brought in breakfast. Her expression painted in a fret, She looked at Arcane and gently bowed. Arcane gave her a nod and looked back at Zeus, She stroked his fur gently and rocked him in her arms.
“Princess?” Blanca called out.
“Huh?” She responded almost instantly without looking at her.
“Princess, I think you should get a body checkup,”
Arcane paused and her eyebrow lifted. “A body check-up? Why? Do you think there is something wrong with me?”
“Princess, you lose consciousness almost every day, I suspect you have some major illness. Even the Chancellor has suggested it.” Blanca twisted her finger nervously.
Arcane shook her head sideways. “It is nothing serious, I think I am finally getting a hang of things.” Arcane mumbled.
“If you say so,” Blanca spoke in an unsure manner. “And what about the cat? Are you planning on keeping it?”
Arcane’s fingers paused, and her eyelids lifted dramatically. She looked at Blanca dumbfoundedly. “Can...can you see the cat now?”
“Now?” Blanca repeated her words.
“You couldn’t see it before! The cat and now you see it!” Arcane questioned,
“But you never had the cat before, I found it beside you yesterday so I brought it inside,” Blanca blurred,
Arcane looked down at Zeus and wondered. “Did Saorsa do something to him?...”
“See! I told you that you should get your body checked. You have been acting all weird ever since you came to Ohearia. You always faint and talk to yourself.” Blanca mumbled.
Arcane listened to her intently but she didn’t have a way to answer her and luckily another maid walked into the room and bowed.
“Princess! Your Luggage has been packed and your dress is ready. Please get ready.”
Arcane blinked dumbfoundedly and slowly realized what the maid was talking about. She slowly placed Zeus on the bed and picked up a sandwich from the tray and stuffed it into her mouth.
“I will be out in a while.” She spoke to the maid and instructed her to go out.
Arcane pondered deeply and she then looked at Blanca. “Hurry up and get me a bag, MAke sure it’s big and sturdy.”
“What are you going to do with it?” She asked in a puzzled manner.
“I just need it, so hurry up and get me one.” Arcane gave her an order Blanca lowered her head and nodded. She then left.
‘Now that I think of it, there can be no better opportunity for me to run away from the storyline.’ Arcane plotted in her head, ‘I should try it even if I fail, It can be my only chance and who knows when I get possessed like the other day and poison Saorsa in rage. I am better off with living as far away as possible.”’
Arcane shuddered at the thought of yesterday when she hit Saorsa without any fear. It might have been because she was the villainess of the story and once in a while she would get possessed by her villainess character just so she would torment the heroine.
‘But now that I think about it! It was Saorsa’s fault, How come I was the villainess yesterday? I did the right thing! Even if she is the heroin, that doesn’t give her the right to hurt people like she please.” Arcane puffed her cheek and tucked her hair back.
“Gosh!! I don’t care!” She gently patted her face and spoke out loud. “All I want to do is to run away and I should concentrate on that!” She breathed out with determination and looked forward.
………………………………………..
Arcane emerged from the grand door, wearing a maroon Bowknot stand collar dress. Zeus lazily lies in her arms with the eyes still closed. He had been breathing and the wound was alright but for some reason, he had not once opened his eyes. Arcane was worried that something bad might happen to him so she kept him close to her like a protective mother.
While she was walking through the hallway, her eyes lazily wandered out of the huge windows at her left that showed the outside clearly. Her feet came to an abrupt stop causing the maids following her to bump into each other.
“What is it? Your Highness.” Asked Blanca.
Arcane’s chest tightened when she saw Saorsa standing beside the flowers while Iroas gently tucked a rose into her hair.
“Why is she at the palace?” Arcane asked. Blanca turned around and looked in the direction where Arcane was staring. She caught a glimpse of Iroas with SOarsa and thought Arcane was unhappy because her fiance was with another woman.
“The prince had called all the candidates to the Palace.” Said Blanca. Arcane licked her dried lips and breathed out heavily.
“What are you looking at?” A voice rang in her ears. She looked around to see Vasilias walking towards her. She frowned suddenly as she saw Vasilas turn his head in the direction where Saorsa was standing, His gaze almost fell on Saorsa when Arcane Hurriedly handed over the cat to Blanca and sprinted over to Vasilias’s side, She cupped his face in her hand and stopped him from looking outside the window.
Vasilias looked at Arcane dumbfoundedly. His eyes were wide with shock, and Arcane was even more shocked to see him showing emotion.
“What was that for?” his lips were pouting because Arcane had crushed his cheeks between her hands. And when she realized her mistake she felt like her heart was going to explode due to embarrassment.
“My apologies,” Arcane pulled her hands away and lowered her head. “I just wanted to stop you from looking at a certain someone.” She blurted out all the truth without realizing it.
‘Why did I do that? Was it because he is a nice person and i don;t want to end up with Saorsa Or is it because he is similar to someone i can no longer meet and I don’t want him to end up in the same state as him?’
“I won’t look at them if you don’t want me to,” He stated. Arcane looked up at him with disbelief because he had yet again proven himself to be the most lovable of all the Male leads.
Arcane decided to change the subject and asked, “WHat brings your Highness here?”
“I came to bid you farewell.”
Blink, Blink,
Arcane blinked while looking at his dead serious face, her lips pressed together to form a line and she was in a state of disbelief.
“ME?”
“Hmm… you will be away for quite a while so I thought to see one last time.” HE elaborated.
“That is so considerate of His highness.” Arcane bowed gently. And she straightened up her back but to her surprise, Vasilias tugged onto her shoulder and hugged her. Arcane’s cheek pasted onto his embroided uniform while she felt his warm hand resting on her head.
Her body suddenly felt warm in the cold embrace of Vasilias, A familiar feeling of belonging wrapped Arcane and the only person her head could remember right now was her dead brother,
“This is how we should bid farewell to family,” his tone was gentle as a spring breeze. Arcane didn’t mind his hug at all as it gave her a ‘welcome home’ feeling. She wrapped her hands around his back and patted him gently.
“I never knew I wanted someone to hug me until you did.” she snickered. Vasilisa’s eyes gave a shine and his lip slowly lifted. To the change in his expressions, he buried his face into her hair and kissed her head gently. “Have a safe journey,”
2