34
6 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Arcane clenched onto her bag with one hand while she rocked Zeus with her other hand.
“I don’t know why but now I feel you and I have a history together,” Arcane mumbled, she was alone inside the carriage. Iroas was riding on his horse alongside his subordinates, while Blanca was with the other servants. The carriage was being pulled by four well-groomed horses. Followed by another carriage that held all the necessities for the travel and also some gifts for the king of Ridavell.
“Hurry and wake up so we can run away from this wretched place once in for all,” Arcane spoke to Zeus.
Arcane rustled through her bag to see if she had everything she wanted and to her surprise, she saw a familiar jacket along with a handkerchief. Arcane was puzzled as to when she had packed them in the bag. There was no such memory of her doing that, it was rather Blanca who had stuffed them into her bag.
“Well that’s okay, I can give them back to William and cut off all the strings.” she puffed her cheek and placed it to the side. She didn’t notice that while she was busy with her bag. Zeus’s eyes opened slightly and he purred gently.
The carriage stopped suddenly, She wasn’t ready for any sort of intrusion as her bag of necessities was open and it could expose her plan of running away. With no other choice, Arcane stood up and placed the bag on her seat, and sat over it. She heard a faint sound of heavy shoes approaching the carriage. The door opened and hard black shoes came into sight. It was Iroas.
He looked at Arcane with disinterest and took a seat across her. He crossed his legs and started looking her dead in the eyes.
Arcane felt uneasy and she shrugged herself into the corner and averted her gaze. Her rhythmic heartbeat was slowly losing its tract and she slowly started to feel cold.
Iroas didn’t say anything for a long time and kept on burning holes into her skull with his grey frost eyes.
“If you have something to say you should speak up.” Arcane who was almost breathless because of the uncomfortable environment baroque the ice.
“You hit Lady Saorsa yesterday…” He stated with agitation,
Arcane’s shaking hands froze and she looked into Iroas’s eyes that had hatred boiling in them. She licked her lip before speaking.
“If she told you about that, she must have also told the reason for my actions.”
Arcane replied boldly. Iroas reseated himself and matched his gaze with her’s.
“She did,”
“Well in that case I wonder why you had to ask me the reason for the fight.”
“I wanted to hear what you had to say.”
“My apologies but I don’t like to collect sympathies and use them for my benefits,” Arcane blurred out. Iroas’s eyebrow lifted.
“Are you trying to refer to someone with those words?” His tone grew colder when he realized Arcane was directing her words towards Saorsa.
“And yet you say that you fell in love with me…” Arcane replied while looking at him dead in the eyes. Iroas flinched when he heard her voice, He couldn’t interpret her words. “The way you are defending Lady Saorsa makes me sad because in front of the Emperor you said you came back alive because of your Love for me, Yet I don’t think that was the true.”
Iroas was suddenly reminded of the day when he proposed to her in front of the Emperor.
He didn’t have words to say and averted his gaze.
‘Haah!’ Arcane heaved a sigh of relief inwardly, It felt amazing and she looked out of the window. ‘That was easy! I hope everything goes on as smoothly as this so that I don't meet with a tragic end.’
“Who gave you that?” HE suddenly spoke. Arcane looked at his gaze that was directed towards William’s jacket. Arcane blinked a few times to find an answer to his question, but he spoke before she could say anything.
“Is it from the one you like?”
Arcane looked at him with a straight face trying to understand the language he had just spoken. For a long second, she stared at him and then came to a conclusion and nodded.
“Yes. This belongs to the person I like.”
‘Sorry, William but I had to use you. I feel like this is the only way he would be convinced that I am not interested in him or his tricks.’
Iroas started at it intently for quite a while before nodding.
Arcane’s heart was relieved and she looked at him intently.
“Do you have something to say?” Iroas asked in a puzzled manner.
“Why are you still here? Are you not leaving?” Arcane was direct with him because even though his eyes were not on fire he was still emitting a very unpleasant aura.
“Why would I leave? I came here to take a nap.”
“Why would you take a nap here?”
“Then should I take a nap on the back of a horse?” He responded to her stupid question with a serious tone.
“I would never stop you from doing that...Or let me ride a horse instead.” Arcane suggested.
“I don’t want to.” He said and rested his head against the wooden wall and closed his eyes.
Arcane looked at his beautiful face. He looked tired because there were dark circles under his eyes.
According to the book he used to have nightmares whenever he slept. The fact that the war had ended didn’t bring peace to him as the memories of the dark times were always fresh and whenever he would close his eyes, they would start playing in his head making him restless. It was after the arrival of Saorsa, that his dreams stopped appearing. Whenever she was around him he would feel contented and he would feel at peace.
Arcane was looking at him intently, Iroas seemed to have fallen asleep. His eyebrows just like always were creased. He seemed uncomfortable because his eyes would twitch once in a while. He was indeed having a nightmare.
He was without a doubt, handsome and Arcane didn’t disagree with the fact that he was well suited to be the main character, but the fact that he would not spare a life even if it’s innocent made her shudder.
2