Chapter 6.5
652 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She brought the plates along to the living room table. I noticed that she forgot to the chopsticks alongside it, so not knowing what else to carry I brought two pairs along and a bottle of tea and some glasses. Once she saw that I was carrying all of that she gave me an apologetic frown.

"Here, give me those." she said. I handed over the glasses, which she swiftly and neatly set on the table. I placed one pair of chopsticks on her side and the bottle in the middle, then took my seat opposite to hers. 

Not certain what to talk about, I looked outside the window and decided to comment on the weather.

"Surprisingly, the sun's still out at this time of year."

"Long summers, nice when you're getting time off but a hell when you're at work." she scoffed, making a clicking sound with her tongue as she sneered towards the sky. "This season's been mostly working in the damn heat all the time."

"Right. So let's take a day off and go on a date together-"

"A da-?!" she yelped, almost letting the glass fall off the table as she whipped her arm over in surprise. I caught the glass just before it threatened to roll off the table though, don't want to add cleanup work to the list of chores for today, it would only dampen the mood.

"Yeah, a date, just you and me, watching a movie and going to a nice restaurant."

"A- I-"

She was at a loss for words, barely being able to comprehend what I was suggesting. Her usual stern voice broke into a high pitch, her face flushed red in embarassment, and the professional and kind mother suddenly turned into a schoolgirl that has just been asked out. Pretty amusing.

"... maybe go inside a hotel if everything goes well." I added, while holding back my laughter.

"Wha-"

"Careful there, the glass." I quickly replied as she started making erratic body movements again. She caught herself just barely when I said it, and fixed her posture and tone of voice.

"A date..." she paused, falling into a pondering silence for a moment "sounds good."

For a moment I was sure she would reject the idea. It wouldn't be surprising, most people would feel shock and disgust at such an offer. Luckily, she isn't 'most people'. Or if she is, she must be extremely sexually frustrated. Whatever the case is, I will get to get a good look into this woman's mind, which will at the very least help me keeping my work hiiden to some extent, or even possibly if we get close enough, she could help me get more research subjects.

For now though, I guess I will go have a date with my mom after breakfast.

 

 

6