Chapter 7
465 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I gently brushed her long, sleek, blonde hair as she sat on the bed in front of me. Her expression looked troubled, likely due to the somewhat risque lighter red dress she was wearing, presumably deeming it too attention drawing for someone her age. If it was up to her, I supppose she would go with an office uniform, or something of the like. Something that would be inconspicuous amongst crowds.

The only reason I even got her to wear that is due to the fact I offered her to choose my clothing. I doubt I really fit well in what she chose for me, however I don't really care too much. 

So instead I focussed on treating her hair with as much care as I could, while we waited for our cab to arrive. I wouldn't have minded taking public transport but she insisted we'd do so, perhaps out of self consciousness. What struck me as odd however was just how fast that taxi arrived, barely taking three minutes. As such I had a little less time than I'd wish to mess around with her hair. The end result was satisfactory though, so I had little to complain over.

As she got a call back; a notice that the taxi arrived, we walked out and I was in for another surprise. The 'taxi' in question was a Bentley, going by the logo, perhaps a model from the 90's guessing from the more blocky look of the car. Ayumi casually walked towards it as if it was as common as any old Toyota around here. She opened the backseat door for me and gestured for me to take a seat. After I ended, she took place beside me and with a shy expression huddled up beside me. The driver was a middle aged man with a firm chin and a crew cut with an earpiece in, his face looked somewhat square-ish and his demeanor certainly felt of that of an army veteran. If one would accuse him of being an undercover CIA agent, there's little he could do to rebuke it.

Contrary to his looks however, his japanese showed no accent, American or otherwise. His pronounciation being similar to what one would expect from a regular office worker.

"Where to, miss?"

"Mikeyama street, drop us off near the cafe."

"As you wish."

As Ayumi noticed I was looking at her, she gave me a warm smile, whispering to me "It's less of a hassle this way."

If she's some sort of government worker that may bring some trouble in the future. Though as much as I'd wish to pry, there's a threatening man behind the wheel. Furthermore, this is supposed to be a date, even if it's more pretending to be something like a casual hangout. What little I know from dates is to keep work talk out of it.

Despite her being somewhat against the idea earlier, she looks very excited for it. She never really quite manages to act her age, but in this situation you could mistake her for a high school graduate with the sheer amount of energy she exudes. It's rarely I think she's actually able to act her age, until I see her slip back into her icecold expression that I am reminded she's seen more than I give her credit for.

The ride was not too long, simply because the driver went no less fast than the maximum allowed speed limit at nearly the whole way, picking efficiency over politeness. It was only maybe a quarted after we went in that we arrived at the somewhat homely looking cafe she referenced. With absolute nonchalance she handed off a 10000 yen bill to the driver, before saying that she'll see him in the office on monday. He simply returned a silent nod and drove off.

"Want to get something to drink?"

"Only if you want one, Ayumi."

 

4