Chapter 1: Kidnapping
120 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I leave the bright supermarket and start walking home. The streets are empty, with no one in sight. Whether I look ahead of me or behind, I can't see anyone. It's just me. In the morning- and even some nights, the streets are filled with people, but tonight, there is no one. I wonder why?

It's not very late- it's only like 7 or 8:00 PM. You'd normally find one or two people coming back from work. It doesn't matter much, but it's a little surprising.

As I walk, I pass many houses with their lights on. It made the night not as dark in the empty streets. I glance at the bag of groceries that are held in my right hand and then turn to look back at the path ahead of me. With each step, the bag sways from side to side and hits my thighs. I take another glance at the bag. I smile happily.

Today, I graduated from Sakura girls' high school- An all-girls school that was pretty hard to get into. I had to work super hard to be able to graduate. I had to work vigorously for many nights to get some of the work done in what little time I had. Some nights I couldn't even sleep.

University is a little expensive so I chose to work right after graduating. With my graduation done, my high school life and my school life are now both over.

Tonight, I wanted to celebrate my graduation, so I bought a little extra.

One may think this is a waste of money, but... I think I deserve this after all I had to go through. All those days I spent working instead of hanging out, all those stressful mornings and nights, after all those dies I worked myself till I became sick.

It may also be my last chance to celebrate. When I start working I probably won't have time to celebrate.

I let out a quiet giggle at the thought of being done school. I'm so happy today. I'm finally done. It was a long journey and many things happened, but, I managed to survive through it all.

You know, for some reason I kinda feel lonely...

I was never a social person- I never really made any friends while at school, but I didn't feel alone. I had myself. I was all I needed. But, for some reason now... I do. I feel alone. I feel the loneliness. I feel everything. I wonder why?

After a while, I leave the empty streets and get to the park. My usual way home includes going through the street I just passed by and going through a park.

The night suddenly seemed darker as it was only lit by the moonlight and one street light. It was like a scene in a mystery-thriller novel with a killer.

Passing the halfway mark of the, a sudden but strong push from behind sends me dropping to the floor. The next thing I knew, I'm on the grass, creating a thud sound as I hit the green plant. My eyes close by instinct. When I open my eyes, I notice that a couple of the things inside the bag are spilled on the floor- and... I find a man above me.

The moonlight shines on the man revealing his face. He looks young, probably no more than 22 years old.

The man is gazing down at me intently with his frightening red eyes and a frightening grin. I quiver in fear. I can feel myself shaking a little at the sight of this man.

Not just because of his gaze, but also because I had no idea who he was, what he wanted or what he was going to do. No, there's something more. There is something about this man that isn't normal. I swallow, and I can feel my throat parch up.

This guy... something about him installs a dark and deep fear in me. I can't explain it, but... the aura around this man... it's terrifying.

The man's smile suddenly vanishes. His mouth is a little open and his eyes widen; He looks surprised. I'm just there, laying on the floor all confused and scared. The thought of escaping while he's like this never crossed my mind.

The man hits my neck with a quick, but sharp blow and suddenly, I was losing consciousness.

My eyes slowly shut closed... until finally, I could not keep them open anymore. Just darkness.

The last thing I was able to see... was that creepy grin.

 


The smell of blood filled the air along with the crisping sound of fire. The scene's painted red and orange; from both the huge flames and the blood that covered a little bit of the front of the car and the floor.

The yelling of countless adults could be heard as they run past me from all directions- except in front of me, frightened.

The whole area was pretty much filled with shocked expressions as they stare at what happened. Some fled, some stayed. No one thought of helping. They're all just watching from where they stand.

There was a big truck a little to the side with men in uniforms, I guess they were firefighters or something.

The site in front of me was something that would make the headlines for a couple of days. There was a huge collision involving a big truck and a car much smaller than it. The truck didn't get much damage, but the car... got major damages to it.

I fall to the floor, shocked and unable to feel my legs anymore.

"Dad...?" My arms also fall to the concrete floor, numb. I was barely holding onto my teddy bear: it was being held by one of its arms.

I look at the truck and then back at the car, searching for Dad. He is nowhere to be seen. I panic- and I and hear my heart pounding.

I finally found him.

Without realizing it, my body moves on its own and dashes towards the car at full speed, my teddy bear coming with me.

Halfway through, one of the people in the uniforms stops me. It was a male voice. He was telling me not to go that way and that I should far away from here or something. I can't hear him well. The people are too loud, my heart is too loud, my head is too loud- everything is too loud!

Teardrops run down my cheeks, the amounts of tears in unison to my heartbeat.

There was no way I could just turn around and stay away. Dad is there. All alone and maybe hurt. I have to be there with him!

I bite the man's arm that was on my shoulder hard enough to make him let go of me and then start dashing towards the car again, the splattered blood on my face that belonged to someone other than me mixing in with my tears.

Dad! Dad!!

 


When I wake up I find myself in an unfamiliar room, tied up by ropes against an unfamiliar bed. The bed seems to be a canopy bed with a pink curtain at the top. It is also big- Really big. 4 girls at my now-former school could probably sleep somewhat comfortably on this thing. Though, the bed is a double bed.

I inspect the room, thinking I can find something leading to where I am right now, but I can't do anything while tied up. Even if I do find some clue, I can't move. I'm stuck.

I search and search regardless, but... to avail. Nothing- Absolutely nothing. Where am I?

There is nothing I recognize. The night is too dark to see outside. The room is well something unfamiliar as well. Where is this?

Panic starts blooming throughout my body.

I remained calm before because that would get in the way of the search and ruin my thinking, but now, I had no idea what to do- what I could do.

I try taking the ropes off, but that doesn't work. I can't even move my wrist. I try squirming around. It also didn't work. The ropes won't get off. They are just too tight. They're starting to hurt my wrist quite a bit. I stop moving around. If I move around, the pain on my wrist just increases. I don't like pain. It hurts... and it's scary.

At this point, I am left with nothing. What do I do? How do I get out of here? Where am I? I start hyperventilating. I'm scared- no, beyond just scared. I am terrified.

It's like some kind of horror movie except worse. With those movies, they're just fiction, but, this is reality. Not made up, but something that's really happening. Though, I really, really wish this is all just a dream. But, the pain on my wrist from the tight ropes says otherwise.

What's happening? Why is happening?

The last thing I remember was going out shopping, ready to celebrate. I was home... through the park, and then... a man... Ah! That's right! That man! I can't forget him. The fear I felt at that moment. The feeling of my life hanging on a thing thread... I remember it all.

After getting pinned down, I got knocked out. Who was he? Where is he right now? What happened after that? I couldn't remember. Of course, I couldn't. I was unconscious.

As tears were about to flood out of my eyes because of all the emotions stirring me inside, I'm interrupted by the sound of the door. It opens slowly and then behind the door, a man comes out, entering the room.

When his body is no longer blocked by the door- fully revealing his face, I freeze from shock as my eyes widen. It was.... the man from the park. The man that knocked me out.

What is he doing here?!

2