Twins: 2 Months, 2 Weeks
332 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tia and Fe came back into the room. Well, Tia ran back into the living room, excited to hold one of the twins. She grabbed Vera from Nevan because she knew Ender would probably say something about how excited she is acting. 

 

Ender watched her like a hawk as she went to the couch, holding Vera on her lap as she softly shook her leg. "Hi Vera, I am your aunt, Tia." 

 

Fe took a calmer approach and grabbed Emil from Ender as he sat next to Tia. "And I am your uncle, Fe." He told Emil. 

 

The twins shook their fists like they were waving at Fe and Tia. They also made some cooing noises, answering back. 

 

Tia squealed at their cuteness as she touched Vera's head, then her cheeks, stomach, and finally, her legs. "You are getting so big." 

 

Ender almost wanted to take Vera from Tia, but he calmed himself. However, Fe softly slapped Tia's arm, "Calm down. They are still at the age of easily getting sick." 

 

Fe rocked Emil, who looked close to falling asleep. His eyes were barely staying open as he rested his head on Fe's chest. 

 

"Vera does not have a problem with it." Tia huffed while Vera smiled, hitting her fist on Tia's stomach. 

 

Ender looked on with a slight headache forming. Nevan grabbed his hand, trying to tell him that it was okay when Ender moved away. 

 

"I am going to get myself some water," Ender spoke, walking to the kitchen. 

 

When he spoke, Emil woke up as his eyes followed Ender, while Vera made a few more noises, also watching Ender walk away. 

 

Nevan went to join them on the couch, causing the twins to look at him when the couch sunk down some more. 

 

Emil reached for Nevan, causing Nevan to hold Emil's hand and softly shake it. 

 

"Is En okay?" Fe asked, looking ready to scold Tia. 

 

"Don't mind him," Nevan started as he played with his son, "Tia always gives him a headache. Adding babies to it makes him worry more." 

 

"Hey!" Tia screamed, causing Vera to let out a loud noise like she was copying Tia. 

 

Ender walked back into the room during that time, sighing at Nevan and Tia, "Nevan, don't act like you don't worry like me. And Tia, don't corrupt my babies." 

 

Vera let out another loud noise before smiling and glancing at Ender like she wanted praise for learning something new. 

 

"I feel like it is attacking Tia day," Tia muttered before trying to teach Vera how to give a high-five. 

 

"I thought that was every day," Fe responded. 

 

"I agree," Ender replied as he walked over, sitting on Nevan's lap since there was not enough room on the couch for him. 

 

Nevan wrapped one arm around Ender's waist as he continued to play with Emil, who did not care to be in Fe's hold anymore since his parents were right next to him. 

 

"I can see that," Nevan added. 

 

"Wow," Tia played like she was hurt, "just for that, I am going to corrupt Vera." 

 

Ender glared at her, looking like he was ready to snatch Vera from her, "You better not, Tia. Or we can take up this conversation with Kay." 

 

Tia turned a bit pale at that, "Never mind. I will now and forever play the good, responsible aunt." 

 

Everyone laughed at her response as Ender, Nevan, and the twins spent the rest of the day at Tia and Fe's home. 

 


 

Ender laid on the couch, fast asleep, with Emil and Vera sleeping on his chest. He had his arms around them, making sure they did not fall. 

 

Nevan walked into the house with Ender's mother as he closed the door behind them. They had groceries in their hands, moving them to the kitchen. 

 

Along the way, they saw Ender lying on the couch with the twins in his arms. They were sleeping.

 

Ender's mother cooed at the cute scene in front of her as she walked over, putting the bags in her hand, gently on the ground. She pulled out her phone to take a picture and send it to the family's group chat. 

 

Nevan let the mother do what she wanted as he brought the groceries into the kitchen and started to pull them out of the bags. 

 

Shortly after, the mother joined him, holding bags in one hand without a problem while scrolling through her phone with the other. 

 

She put the bags down, getting closer to Nevan to show him the pictures she took. "Aren't they cute?" The mother asked. 

 

Nevan looked at the pictures with a soft look as he gave a small smile, "They are." 

 

"My baby is getting so big," the mother sighed, referring to Ender, "he will be turning twenty-seven in two weeks. Plus, the twins will be three months old." 

 

"Yeah," Nevan opened the fridge as he started putting up the refrigerated stuff first, "we planned to have a party with everyone, but Ender wanted to do something with the babies and me. 

 

"Would that be fine with you?" 

 

The mother nodded, putting her phone away as she started helping him. "That is fine. I can understand the feeling of a more intimate birthday. But you two don't want to give over the twins to me during the night? Birthday sex is still a thing." 

 

Nevan choked on his spit for a second when he heard the mother's last sentence. He swears that the mother can be shameless sometimes. 

 

"Ah, mother-in-law, I think we are fine. We still have other days and more birthdays to come." 

 

"Don't forget the holidays. During those times, they even put some nice outfits on sale." The mother mentioned with zero shame on her face. 

 

She spoke like they were having a normal conversation. 

 

"You know if En heard this conversation, he would have had a few words to say." 

 

The mother waved her hand as she opened the freezer and started putting the freezer stuff in there, "You should have been there when I gave En the talk when he was a teen.

 

He did not appreciate the details and books I gave him." 

 

Nevan laughed, trying to picture an embarrassed Ender getting the talk from his mother. But, instead, he could guess that Ender was most likely red all over while trying to tune his mother out because she was killing him with words. 

 

"I want to hear that story." 

 

"Well," the mother started the story as they put up the rest of the groceries. 


I am tired. I have been on the road, with my family, for 13 hours and still have about 11 more hours to go. We are finally taking a break at a hotel. I am pretty sure I haven't slept for almost 24 hours; I stopped paying attention to time a while ago. Anyway, I thought that I might as well write something. If it all sounds terrible, it is because I am sleep-deprived, my eyes burn, and I am sore.

4