Act 1 Chapter 9: Death all around you
1.1k 11 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nasari-"Well then, I will be leaving now."

*Eh?

*So quick?*

The other member is wondering why Nasari left so quickly without looking around.

Akari-"Umm...Akari-san? We haven't...even introduce you to all the members yet, also...we haven't told you what we do here."

Nasari shakes her head lightly while responding to her.

Nasari-" Sorry Akari, I don't like an environment like this, the darkness and vibe are not to my taste. I feel uncomfortable here."

Akari-"Eh...oh well, I hope you change your mind sometimes."

Nasari then left the room without saying anything else, Arito then approaches Akari in the room.

Arito-"That's too bad then huh."

Akari-"Hmm, maybe. How did you end up choosing Nasari-san anyway Arito-Kun?"

Arito-"I don't really know..., something drew me to her, the presence of death?"

Akari-"Death...?"

Arito-"I guess so unless it's something else that I felt."

Akari was doubtful at first but she has high trust in Arito hunches, most of her club member is recruited by Arito and they all possessed some sort of potential in dark magic or anything related to the art of demonic lore.

Akari-(What could make Arito feel death itself from Nasari...?)

 

While roaming the hallway once again, Nasari notices that the sun has begun to set, students have begun packing up their stuff and leaving the school ground.

Nasari-(Guess I spend too much time at the Tea club, oh well, seems like I will be on the look for the club again tomorrow.)

She thought to herself as she leaves the entrance of the school, right before she could step out of the school ground, a familiar figure block her way.

Nasari-(Pretty sure I seen this coming from miles away.)

Tsubasa-"Hey there Nasari-san."

Nasari-"......"

Tsubasa-"Haha, don't be so cold, I am not here to pick a fight."

Nasari-"Mhmm, so what can I do for you?"

Tsubasa-"Let me be frank here, I need you to undo the curse on Nawin."

Nasari-"Why?"

Tsubasa-"You already know the reason, all we need now is your action."

Nasari-"What if I refuse?"

Tsubasa then opens his eye wide, his usual smile became a frown, students around the premises immediately scurry off the area as if to avoid whatever is about to happen.

Tsubasa-"Let's not go that route shall we? I won't want others to think I would bully a newly transferred student on their first day."

Nasari-"Seems too late on that, doesn't it? But I have a feeling that no one would tattle on you."

Tsubasa-"Smart, it's not too late to change your decision you know."

Nasari-"It's getting late, I don't have time for this."

Tsubasa-"Don't blame me then, blame yourself for being stubborn."

Right as he warned Nasari, a wave of pressure emerges around Nasari as if gravity itself is trying to pull her toward the ground, Nasari, however, seems to be not affected by the sudden change in gravity around her. She then proceeds to walk toward Tsubasa with an unfazed attitude.

Nasari-"What's wrong? Did your artifact broke?"

Tsubasa-"......"

He begins to sweat profusely as he glances around Nasari to inspect her, trying to figure out what exactly countered his artifact.

Nasari-"Just so you know, I don't have an artifact on me."

Tsubasa-"Light magic...? Magic dispel...yes it must be."

Nasari-"Nope, if it was a dispel the pressure would have disappeared, no?"

Tsubasa thought about it and figure that what Nasari said was true, a magic dispels would remove any presence of magic on the field.

Nasari-"Honestly you will never figure it out, since you have attacked me with, I assume I have the right to retaliate?"

Tsubasa-"I dare you to try if you think you can get away with it."

Nasari-"So be it, you will enjoy this."

A crimson book appears in front of Nasari as she activates her skill, the crimson book float in front of her and prepares for summoning.

Tsubasa-"A grimoire! So you're a summoner, I see."

Nasari ignores him and flips open the crimson grimoire, she then stops flipping the pages and bit her finger, she proceeds to stamp the pages with her finger using her blood.

Nasari-"Heed my summoning, Shinigami, the God of Death."

Black ooze gushed out from the book and warp around Nasari, a huge dark figure emerge from the back of Nasari and form into the shape of a grim reaper, its form begins to take shape as its cloak and skull appear. As it fully manifested, it let off a ghastly shriek as an eerie-looking huge scythe manifest on its hand.

Shinigami-"WHAT IS THY ORDERRRR...HAAHHH..."

The Shinigami asks, Nasari then points her finger at the shocked Tsubasa.

Nasari-"Haunt him till the morning of tomorrow, let him feel death at every moment every second he breathe, if he ever calms down, floods his instinct with killing intent, spread fear in his dream if he falls asleep."

Shinigami-"HOW AMUSING...HAHAHAHA...I WILL BE WATCHING YOU...BOY..."

The Shinigami turn into a gush of black ooze and rush toward Tsubasa, the ooze then warp around him and slowly dispersed as faint noises of laughter can be heard while slowly disappearing.

Tsubasa-"What did you do!?"

Right as Tsubasa tries to use his magic to attack Nasari, an eerie-looking skeleton face appear at the corner of his eye as the feeling of fear strikes his nerve rendering him immobile, he falls to his knee and when he tries to get up, he feels as if the grim reaper scythe is around his neck ready to slit his throat. Uncontrollably, he wet his pants.

Nasari-"Don't break so fast okay, there's still like... 14 hours left of fun. Well anyway, see you tomorrow, senpai."

Nasari then walks away while Tsubasa is still kneeling on the ground with urine flowing down his pants.

 

Meanwhile, a certain someone hiding behind one of the pillars observing the ordeal.

Arito-"Holy shit..."

 

46