Chapter 35 – Exposition
702 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Monk - Lv1

Effects: +2 Agility, +1 Intelligence, Chi

Skills: Power Strike, Weak Heal

This is it.

I quickly empty my Item Box, storing them in my Ring--before switching Knight - Lv5 with Monk - Lv1.

When I look in my Character Screen, I see that under my Mana--I have another Resource: Chi.

Weak Heal!

Suddenly, a yellowish-white light surrounds my body, and a pleasant feeling surges through me--the bruises on my fists fade instantly.

“That worked well. From now on, if you suffer an injury, please tell me; I have a new healing skill.” I inform Roxanne, and cast Weak Heal on her--causing her to let out a pleased sigh.

“Yes master.” She nodded with a smile, “Master, is amazing.”

“I think we should go back soon, I just need to test one more thing. Lead me to the nearest Demon.”

“Yes, master.”

It didn’t take long for us to find a Needle Wood, with the help of Roxanne’s nose.

The Needle Wood let out a grinding groan as it saw me, rushing at me while swinging both branch-like arms.

Power Strike!

Earthen-Yellow Chi gathered around my fists--judging from the amount my Chi decreased, I could probably only use this Skill once, if I wanted to keep a Heal on hand; in the case of an emergency.

I didn’t have much to worry about, however; because using normal punches, it took 2 - 3 to kill a Needle Wood. Using the Power Strike Skill killed the Demon in a single hit.

After picking up the Leaf that dropped, we return through the wall inside the Adventurer’s Guild. I had Adventurer set as my first Class, so if the Adventurer’s Guild inquired about it, I wouldn’t have any problems.

With a wave to the receptionist, we depart the building and return to the inn, where we have a nice breakfast.

“You really are good to have around.” I expressed my appreciation to Roxanne after we returned to our room, sitting on the edge of the bed.

She really is helpful.

First, she has a very good at searching for Demons, and we could find them quickly and efficiently. To the extent that we hunted enough Demons to increase her Beast Soldier Class from level 6, to level 12--though she did benefit from the Experience Increase Bonus Skill that I had; well, it did say that in the description.

To an extent that we had only spent three or four hours to kill every Demon on the first floor of the Dungeon.

Our loot was 55 Branches, and 4 Leaves.

Roxanne is also an incredibly good Vanguard, she can keep the Demon’s attention, while dodging every attack.

“Thank you, Master.” Roxanne bowed her head, while standing in front of me.

She doesn’t sit down on the bed until I gesture her over. When she sits beside me, she takes off her helmet and presents her ears to me--she seems to have learned that I like playing with her fluffy ears; or her Skill let her know what I wanted.

Roxanne’s face relaxes, her cheeks loosen and her mouth curves up in a content smile as I scratch the bases of one of her ears with my left hand--and rub the silky smooth fur on her back; my left hand sliding into the back of her shirt.

“This, is the first time I’ve defeated so many Demons. Thank you, master!”

“You’re welcome. Well, we will be fighting a lot more in the future.”

She smiled at my words, before relaxing back into my petting--letting out moans of pleasure.

Suddenly, she tenses a little, “Master, can I ask you a serious question?”

“Sure.”

That’s some of the worst words a woman can say to a man, second only to ‘We’ve got to talk’…

“Erm…Master, you said that you’re from another world--if you had the chance to return, would you take it?”

“Nope.”

She looks surprised at my instant response, “How come?”; while Roxanne seemed curious, she didn’t tilt her head--probably because I was still playing with her ear, and she didn’t want to interrupt the pleasant sensations…at least, that’s just my guess.

“Well, two reasons I guess. The first, being I’ve acquired something better than anything I could find over there…”

She blushes at my words.

And, I feel so embarrassed that I want to curl  up in a hole--how could utter such words…

“Ahem, the second reason is that--I don’t think I can, even if I wanted to; which I don’t.”

She smiled, pressing up against my hand.

“On a different note, as I mentioned, I plan on increasing the party’s combat potential--I will buy more slaves.”

“Master, female slaves?” Roxanne asked with a raised eyebrow and smile.

“Yes, how did you guess?”

“The Slave Trader told me a lot of tales about powerful men--and master is the most powerful man I have ever seen.” She spoke with an amused voice.

“Ahh, I see. Well, that’s for the future, since I am unsure when I will have the money. Do you know if it would be cheaper living in a hotel room, or buying a house?”

“Hmm…Well, renting a room for a year is around 90 gold, or so; and I think a single bedroom, bathroom, kitchen house usually costs around 50 gold.” Roxanne spoke tentatively, “But, I’m not sure of the exact prices, sorry master.”

“I see. Thank you.”

“Well, master. If we do get a house, I’ll do the cleaning and other chores--unless Master wants otherwise.” She looked up at me with upturned, dewy eyes--still panting because of the petting I was giving her.

“I’m definitely fine with that, if you are. I dislike chores” I smiled at her.

She giggled at my words.

“It seems that a Master is responsible for providing food and shelter for his slaves. So, renting a house is good--but, is sharing a bed fine with you?” I winked at her.

“Y-Yes, master…in fact, I’d be grateful.”

I pinch the tip of her ear, causing her to let out an erotic whining noise, she began rubbing her chest against me, panting.

***

A few hours later, when we were laying on the bed--Roxanne curled up around me and trying to catch her breath, I decided to continue questioning her.

Still bathing in the after-glow, I decided to ask Roxanne about her sudden change; why she was so affectionate, when she had been scared yesterday.

She looked down with an embarrassed expression, before explaining that when we had sex the first time--she had ‘taken the position of submission’, which was how the female acted when completely accepting a male Alpha.

The Wolf-Type Beastkin had much stronger instincts than most.

When I asked about the ‘submission’ when it came to a male wolf-type Beastkin accepting a female Alpha…she blushed madly--and then said that it involved a similar position; and toys.

“So, how many days are there in a year?”

“Let’s see, around 420.” She tilts her head slightly, before continuing to explain.

According to her words, it seems that each year only has two seasons, alternating between summer/winter and autumn/spring. Each season has 210 days--and the planet has two moons, but the second is only near enough to be visible during the Spring/Autumn year.

The way the world works is very strange…it doesn’t seem natural.

“If I buy a house, where would you suggest?”

I didn’t know much about the cities and towns around here.

“Well, it would probably be better in a large town or city.” Roxanne tilted her head, “Most Adventurers and Explorers usually live in Quratar, or the Capital.”

“Quratar? I think I’ve heard about it.”

“Quratar is best known for having one of the biggest dungeons in the Shariin Kingdom. But, since Master has that Warp Spell--I think anywhere would be fine.”

“That’s true. I don’t want it found out that I can use Warp. So, we should live in a city where Explorers and Adventurers are common.”

I haven’t gone to Quratar yet, but I could probably buy a one-way trip from an Adventurer.

Well, I do have around 7 gold left, so I should probably be able to afford a cheap house.

“How do taxes work here?”

“The tax is a poll tax. Paid at the end of every year, Winter, and Autumn, to the lord of whichever town you reside in. Master, you are a free man, so it’s around 4 gold, and slaves are 1 gold.”

“I see. Thank you for explaining.”

While stroking her silky, fluffy back, I pull her closer.

“Umm, well. I am fortunate to be able to serve Master.” She nuzzled against my chest and spoke in a pleased tone.

16