Chapter 42 – Bath
650 7 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Within the sixth floor of Quratar’s Dungeon, I found a Magic Crystal.

By chance.

Collagen Coral - Lv35

Collagen Coral - Lv35

Magic Crystal

Cheep Sheep - Lv35

For an instant, I thought that four Demons had appeared. I was bored of standing at the back, so I began to use Firestorm; I had to cast the Spell four times before the Demons died.

Because of my Hero Class finally reaching level 30--though it didn’t seem to have a Second-Stage--I had enough Mana to use Firestorm quite a few times before I started feeling depressed.

Though I had Roxanne give me Excalibur for a while, so I could recover my Mana.

A half-buried blue Magic Crystal, barely visible in the dim lighting of the Dungeon, lay on the floor.

“Wow, good job, master.” Roxanne sounded impressed as she glanced at the dark-blue Magic Crystal in my hand.

“Thanks.”

I quickly stored the Magic Crystal in my Ring.

The messenger from the shop came on the fifth day as promised.

After I told him that I could accept it at any time, he immediately went back and returned with a wagon

I waited outside the house, and soon saw the wagon approaching from the distance. The large tub was tied vertically on the carrying tray, it looked more like a hot-tub than a bath tub.

“Here are the ordered goods.” The man came down from the wagon.

The boards that were used in the construction are fairly thick.

“Well, it shouldn’t break apart soon.” The employee left with those words.

“For now, shall we carry it to the second floor?”

“Yes, Master.” Roxanne nodded at my words.

Then she and two people, who came with the transporter, picked up the tub and took it to the second floor. While the tub is very heavy, it can be rolled, so it wasn’t incredibly difficult to move with three people.

We placed it in the room which had drainage installed--the previous owner may have had similar ideas about baths, before they disappeared; they also sounded like someone from Earth, or a variation thereof.

After bringing it to the room, they laid it down; after Roxanne and I thanked them---they left back to the shop, their job completed.

“Erm…Master, what is this?” Roxanne asked, her head tilted.

“This, is a bathtub.”

“I understand.” Roxanne nodded.

I guess it’s time to fill it up, to make sure that it can contain the water without breaking or leaking.

First, I have to fill up some ceramic jars with water, and then heating it with Fireball. I can’t heat up the water when it’s in the tub--because using fire on wood probably wouldn’t end well.

Every time I get low on Mana, I Warp into the Dungeon and kill a few Demons, replenishing it.

It’s annoyingly difficult.

“Well, like this, we take a bath maybe once every 10 days.”

Midway through filling the bath, the temperature in the bathroom began to rapidly rise. It’s almost like a sauna.

Roxanne is waiting outside the room while I work.

Just being in the room for a short time covers me with sweat.

“Here, master.”

When I walked out of the room, Roxanne handed me a towel.

After wiping off the sweat, I make a round trip to the Dungeon.

Two hours after I started filling the tub, it was finally complete, I also prepared some extra water jars.

“It is finished.”

The tub is around 90% filled with hot water, and the entire bathroom is filled with thick steam.

“Good work, master.” Roxanne gently wiped my face and neck with the towel in her hand.

“Let’s take a bath after dinner.”

“Umm, do I also join master?” Roxanne tilts her head, her tail beginning to sway.

“If you want to.” I stroke her twitching ears, “Well, I wish to enter the bath together with Roxanne.”

“Ehh, uhh. Y-Yes, master.” She speaks in a slightly excited tone, her cheeks flush as she looks down with a smile.

It’s a relief that she doesn’t seem to be against the idea.

***

After dinner, we enter the bath.

The water was fairly hot, but not too hot--before we enter, I quickly heat up the water in the jars, in case we decide to stay in it for quite a while. While I was doing this, Roxanne placed a lantern into the hole in the wall of the room.

After getting undressed, the two of us enter the bath. It feels really good, sitting in the hot water with Roxanne right beside me, pressing her body against my side.

I extend an arm and embrace her.

In the hot water, Roxanne’s skin is incredibly smooth.

It is more enjoyable to take a bath with Roxanne then I had imagined. The preparations are difficult, and annoying, but once every 3 - 5 days is fine.

We spend several hours in the bath, the steam in the room is thinning out and my fingers and toes begin to wrinkle from the water, before we finally get out.

16