19- Western Jin Vermillion Jungle (1)
327 5 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The rest of the night was silent and uneventful.

Liu Xun was sitting in a lotus position.

His eyes were closed as if asleep.

Status.

 

Cultivator:

Liu Xun

Roots:

Mortal

Cultivation Level:

Qi Gathering Stage 3 [253/268(298)]↑35 (-10%)

System Credit:

 127 ↑ 8

Inventory:

Cons: 2x Premium Gacha Talisman, 1x Fireball Talisman [SSR]

Misc: [System Subscription Channel], [System Rulebook]

Active:

Purple Heaven Gathering Pill (Duration: 71 days)

Skills:

Passive:

Minor GuanXin Knowledge

Archaic Sun Aura Wisp [10%] (+50% to cultivation speed, minor resistance to yang elements)

Shadow Concealment Aura (87%) - ON ( Currently Qi Gathering Stage 2)

Movement:

Shadow Grasping Illusory Steps (93%)

Weapon:

Crimson Dragon Beheading Axe (Incomplete) [28.8%]

Talents:

Movement Cultivator Adept (+15% to efficiency of Movement arts and effects)

His qi was partially expanded from the last fight.

Since Liu Xun was unable to sign in yesterday, the ten percent penalty was also applied to his cultivation base.

He felt rather satisfied by his progress as he managed to snag another premium gacha talisman, bringing the number count back to two.

He seems to be slowly inching his way to stage 4, which is a tiny bottleneck in cultivation levels.

It would require much more than previous accumulations.

He was making good progress though.

--

The sun has started to rise as the first rays of the day began to shine.

The camp surroundings were mostly gone.

The cultivators have already packed up and were ready to leave.

The seniors gripped their weapons tightly as they raised their vigilance.

The juniors slowly but carefully followed behind.

It was time to enter a place that was far more dangerous than the previous part of their journey.

The Western Jin Vermillion Jungle!

--

Liu Xun decided that it would be dangerous to delay his sign-in as he got weaker.

He asked the group if he could perform a sign-in at the entrance.

Half the group including Senior Gan were rather unsettled as it might trigger an unpredictable situation such as alerting their enemies.

The opinions were rather mixed.

This would be problematic if I were to continue weakening.

[The system would not trigger with demonic and spirit beasts. It would still for demihuman species and apotheosized beasts.]

That was a piece of good news.

Most demihumans would prefer to not live in the wild.

It seems that The Most Ancient One had a heart after all.

The Most Ancient One argues that he was being very fair when making the system.

The Thousand Deceiver snickers at him.

Liu Xun thought to himself as he told the rest of his discovery regarding the system.

It was then the scales tilted, the majority were fine with his sign-in.

Senior Gan still had a sour glum look as he glanced at Liu Xun with displeasure.

System, sign-in.

[Congratulations Host Liu Xun for signing in at the “Western Jin Vermillion Jungle Entrance”. You have obtained the grey prize - a machete!]

Oh a trash prize, but of decent quality.

Liu Ruoxue Affection +100

Liu Sanbo Affection +100

Liu Wubo Affection +100

Qin Yeqian Affection +100

Xuan Tie Affection +100

Gan Xinjian Affection -100

It seems that most people were impressed. Besides, Senior Gan who was still feeling quite wary of his surroundings.

This machete was quite useful as it was used to slash the grass since there were dense shrubbery and undergrowth.

The other cultivators were quite impressed by his current draw as it seemed to fit the occasion.

It was mainly given to Xuan Tie as he chopped the overgrown vegetation from the front.

Liu Five was also using his saber to clear the way.

He was clearly not as happy with using his weapon to handle such a trivial task.

The group slowly advanced deep into the jungle.

--

The Western Jin Vermillion Jungle was dense. The thick tree canopy blocked out most sources of light, leaving only faint traces as the area was veiled in darkness.

The thick vegetation surrounds the four corners as wild grass grew up to waist level.

The dense and humid environment along with the scant sunlight provided a lot of nutrition for the undergrowth.

Small insects crawled about.

Mushrooms and other fungi also grew upon decaying logs.

--

The group slowly progressed into the woods.

Their footsteps trod lightly on the grass.

The forest shadows seem to creep ever closer as they roamed deeper.

Everyone's mood was getting tenser.

The only exception was Langsheng.

He seemed to be rather tense, but for another reason.

His teeth were clenched tight, as he swallowed his mouth as it was itching to speak.

Liu Xun was vigilantly looking around.

There could be a possible attack from anywhere, the back as well.

He had to be prepared for it.

--

The group had been walked for several hours in the dim light.

There was nothing happening but the ringing of crickets.

Thick undergrowth was still around them.

There were no treasures in sight nor any enemies.

Their concentration started to wane as their guards start to lax.

It was difficult to maintain a constant state of alert.

The seniors in front were slowly slashing the grass, opening up a small path to proceed forward.

Senior Qin and Gan were walking by the sides, scanning for any movements.

The juniors were already exhausted as they slowly trudged forward.

It was their first journey, their focus was not as well developed as the experienced seniors.

Ruoxue and Waner moved onward with a slightly fatigued look in their eyes.

Langsheng, who was beside Liu Xun, was panting lightly.

It seems like he had never done such a strenuous activity before.

--

Xiuuuu.

A shot flew from above.

!!!!

A string of silk attached to Langsheng as it dragged him into the distance.Liu Xun who was beside the poor guy was shocked.

"Aaaagh, help!!"

--

The seniors in front were alerted.

Senior Qin immediately dashed forward trying to cut the string.

Clang.Clang.

Two small spiders appeared from nowhere as they jumped up on her.

Luckily, she swung her sword as she noticed their ambush, avoiding their poisonous fangs.

The two spiders were green in color matching the surrounding leaves.

They were about the size of a palm.

"Two rank nine qi gathering venom leaf spiders!"

She shouted out as she took note of their appearances, "watch your back, there might be more!"

Senior Xuan and Liu Five scanned the front.

Senior Gan was looking to the sides.

The other two girls were also panicking slightly as they raised up their weapons.

Liu Xun's alertness was raised.

It was a shame he was not able to help Langsheng despite being beside him.

However, that role now was passed to Senior Qin as she continued to rush forward in the direction Langsheng was dragged.

The two spiders tried to block her.

She flicked her sword as the two spiders were thrown upwards into the air.

"Xuan Tie, Xinjian! I will leave both of them to you while I chase! Liu Five, you stay guard!"

She issued some commands as she disappeared into the shrubbery.

--

The two Essence Foundation seniors moved forward as the two green palm-sized spiders flew towards them.

A palm-sized fireball gathered in Senior Gan's hand, pointing directly at one of the spiders.

Senior Xuan's fist glowed in a yellowish-golden as it rushed towards the other.

It was an imminent engagement.

Swoosh.

The fireball left his hand.

Incinerating the small critter.

On the other side, the fist was thrown upwards onto the spider midair. Bursting a gigantic hole through it as its innards spilled out.

The fight was over swiftly.

--

As Senior Xuan and Gan were done with their engagement, the group containing the Li Family members looked around.

There could possibly sign of another attack.

A flash of green flashed from each corner as four spiders jumped out to ambush the group behind.

They were only on the seventh to eighth of qi gathering.

However, this surprise assault took all of them by surprise.

Liu Five immediately threw three daggers from his right sleeve in three directions, before swinging towards the last spider.

Swish!Swish!Swish!

Plack!

Only one of the daggers connected as the spider.

It fell limply onto the ground.

The other two spiders turn their bodies, avoiding the daggers.

They began to charge towards the remaining juniors.

Their fangs were open as they moved closer and were about six feet away.

Liu Xun quickly drew his ax forward as he adopted a defensive pose.

Both of the spiders initially planned on attacking all three.

Looking at the weakest strengthen his guard, they then turned their attentions towards him!

--

Not good, I won't be able to defend both attacks at once with my ax.

He then made a decision.

Putting one leg forward.

He swung his ax forward while gathering qi on the blade of it.

Swooooooooooosh-

The spiders were still three feet away as the ax begins to pick up speed.

They were approaching fast.

Wooooooooosh-

The ax revolved an entire spin as it speeds up even faster.

Two feet.

Wooooooooosh-

The ax reached a great velocity as the spinning motion brought an outward centripetal force, blades of wind could be seen gather around the revolving blade.

One foot.

Wooooo-BAAAAAANNNGGG!!

The ax collided with the first spider, before indirectly knocking against the second one.

As both spiders had a greater cultivation level than Liu Xun, they were pushed away with great effort.

Both spiders flew a short distance away.

They were only slightly injured.

Liu Xun has used much of his qi and strength to deliver this counter.

He lowered his ax as he panted heavily.

His eyes were still fixed at the two spiders.

They were still with their backs faced to the ground, attempting to get back up.

--
Liu Five and the two young women were surprised.

This was a rather impressive feat by Liu Xun, the enemy was six levels above him(disguised as stage 2), and he still managed to repel them!

It could be said that he looked very cool at the moment.

He was like a general who charged against the odds as he swung like a cyclone to sweep the enemies ahead.

All the while protecting women behind him!

Not that the other young female genius may actually need that protection.

However, it was crucial for a vital description of the image!

Very vital!

--

"Good job, lad!" Liu Five praised as he moved forward towards the two spiders which were knocked back.

The spider he was fighting already lay on the ground still as a slash could be seen running through its abdomen.

He swiftly moved forward as he tossed another two daggers.

--

"T-thank you, though we did not need your protection!"

Waner gave a slight blush as she muttered out.

Her hands seemed to be fumbling in front of her about as if she was troubled by something.

Ruoxue beside her had a soft smile as her expression relaxed.

She gave Liu Xun a slight nod.

It faintly fit her image as a gentle ordinary-looking woman.

She was definitely the most mediocre among the Liu geniuses in terms of looks, giving off the neighbor's daughter kind of feeling.

Ruoxue's expression suddenly changed to a look of horror as she hurriedly shouted out.

 

"Liu Xun, watch out below!"

MC, never let your guard down! You should not be staring at women while in unfamiliar environments!

12