36.5- The Forgotten Eclipse (7)
233 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This will be a long side story chapter, just saying. This is not a serious chapter, as well.

"Uwaaaah!"

A shout of amazement sounded out as a little girl stares at a large horse-cutting saber(it exists by the way).

Its body had a black shine along with a rectangular gold-encased hilt and long crimson red grip.

"Look at this Yanyi! Maybe Xueer can use this blade!"

She said out with great excitement as her hands started to fumble across the blade.

The large man looked towards Xueer with a complex look.

The horse-cutting saber itself was about 2.5 meters in height, while Xueer herself was probably barely reaching 1.5 meters.

"Imagine how cool would it be! Doooookan! Bowaaaah!"

The young girl continued to narrate her fantasies as she imitated swings with the imaginary saber in hand. The extra sound effects were added to display the level of destruction she could deal with it. Yet with her cute high pitched voice, it sounded very cute and harmless.

"Xueer, isn't that horse-slaying saber a little too large for you?"

He pointed out in a troubled tone.

"No, Xueer will definitely grow up to be tall, beautiful, and curvy like the other sect sisters out there. By then, this blade will just fit her perfectly."

Yanyi's smile stiffened immediately upon those words. There were so many wrong points regarding those two statements that one could have an entire debate on it.

Firstly, why should the cute little girl even consider growing big? She is immensely popular and adored now due to her lovable figure, she does not need those extra melons deadweights or height!

Next, even if god forbid that this accursed scenario comes true where she does grow big. Beautiful and graceful female cultivators usually choose small and handier weapons that could match their elegant style, not a barbaric gigantic saber!

Lastly, this was the 7th Patriarch's saber! It is a display weapon, never meant to be chosen by low-ranked disciples!

Yanyi had initially at one point entertained the fact of seeing a giant blade-wielding little girl like Xueer, but immediately dumped that thought considering how inefficient it is to swing oversized weapons along with the fact that it did not suit her style!

"Come on, Xueer. There are much better weapons suited for you right now-"

He pointed out gently as he attempts to dissuade the persistent young girl from picking the oversized black saber.

"No! Xueer wants that!"

She insisted vehemently.

--

The disgruntled old man with whiskers shot a bothered look as he stared at the young girl jumping about the large blade while arguing with the young man beside her. This man was the weapon pavilion elder who managed the Heavenly Jin Mountain Sect's Weapon Armory. He is normally very strict with issuing weapons to disciples as he scolds, punishes, and berates those who choose unsuitable weapons. Unfortunately, the current disciple choosing her weapon was the sect's beloved mascot.

To be honest, this strict and grumpy elder was also a huge fan of Leng Xueer. He had already bought the latest issue of the Sect's gossip update talisman just for the legendary 'Little Snow Girl's Daily Agenda'. This segment was very popular as it had instantly skyrocketed sales to thrice its original popularity. In fact, the owner of the news publishing business had also set up a 'Xueer Fund' so that her monthly cultivation resources increases based on the profits of the gossip sales. Of course, the innocent and naive girl never found out how her resources grown exponentially larger magically until many decades later.

The elder gave a light cough as he sneakily whipped a small talisman from his sleeve. He then activated it as it began to glow with a green shine.

"Ahem Sect Master, we have an issue here."

"Hmm-oh, what is it Elder Niu?"

"A new disciple is choosing that large display horse-slaying blade that was used by the 7th Patriarch."

"Well, isn't that simple? Just shout at them and punish them, isn't that what you normally do?"

"Well yes, but it is a certain female disciple this time."

"Hmm, which one? There are countless disciples within this sect, male or female. This old man cannot keep track of each individual."

"That one..." The weapon elder said nervously before lowering his tone to a quiet whisper, "...codename Winter's Bliss."

"W-what!? S-she has actually visited your weapon pavilion before coming to see me at the Grand Assembly Hall for her promotion to inner disciple...how envi-ahem-I mean troubling. Anyways let us go by our codes as well, Number 5."

"Ugh...alright Number 1. What should we do now, she seems pretty excited about it. We can't just give that to her, right?"

"Well, let me send reinforcements. Number 2, you are up!"

"Leave it to me!"

A different voice reverberated from the talisman.

--

Xueer was still arguing with Yanyi furiously as she pouted her mouth with cute scrunched-up brows.

"But...but Xueer can tell this blade was made for her!"

Tears welled up in her eyes as she glared angrily at Yanyi.

"Come on now, Xueer..."

The young man started to feel troubled as he was unsure how to pacify her while dissuading the stubborn Xueer.

"Ahem."

A light hoarse cough came from behind the two's back.

Both of them turned as they saw an ancient-looking man with wrinkles and aged-white hair.

""Grand Elder!""

They both greeted with cupped fists.

"Umu."

He nodded in response.

"I see that both young cultivators here are facing some troubles, how about explaining to this old one so he can offer some advice?"

The grand elder pointed out as he generously offered his assistance.

So, the two began explaining.

"You see, this saber is made for Xueer!"

"Hey, that is not likely. It is too big."

"No, Xueer can definitely hold it. Look!"

The girl denied angrily as she puffed up her cheeks and began to walk towards the gigantic saber.

She tries to lift to saber with all her strength.

"Oooooomph!"

"Oooooomph!"

The horse-slaying saber did not budge from its initial position.

Xueer tried an extra few times, each time in vain.

The young girl's shoulders started trembling uncontrollably.

--

"Kuhum-how about this. This young disciple is indeed unsuited for this saber at the moment. How about we leave it for the future where perhaps you may be able to wield it. I see that young miss likes to hold a white paper fan, how about this crimson vermillion feather blade fan. It is a special weapon that is reserved for direct disciples and elders but looking at this young lady's talent, it seems to be a compatible match."

The grand elder pacified Xueer before taking out a beautifully ornate red-bladed fan that had phoenix engravings on each blade. The beautiful shine of the fan marveled the young girl as she looked at it in amazement, completely forgetting about the previously desired large unwieldy saber.

"Oooooh, Xueer wants that, please!"

The young girl shouted out in excitement as she stretched her hands out to receive the bladed fan.

"Hey, don't be rude, now."

Yanyi gently chided her.

"No worries, here take it."

The grand elder gently placed it in Xueer's hand before turning away and flying off.

In the counter behind, the weapon elder could not help but raise a thumbs up underneath the counter.

Nice assist!

He thought out.

Soon, the young girl walked up to the counter and placed the red-bladed fan on the desktop.

"This weapon, please!"

"Sure thing, young lass."

The weapon elder waved his hand as the imprint on the weapon returned into his sleeve.

"It is now yours, take care of it."

He mentioned before returning to his sleep.

"Yippee, my first spirit weapon!"

The girl cheered out as she began to hop towards the exit while waving her new fan. The young man followed behind her with a helpless smile as he gently shook his head.

This was yet another peaceful day at the Heavenly Jin Mountain Sect.

--

In a certain hidden headquarters.

"Good job there, number 2."

"It is my pleasure, number 1."

"We should always aim to help our goddess, no matter!"

A passionate young voice came from the side as a handsome young man in royal purple garbs entered the room.

"Ooooh number 9, how is your gossip talisman business doing. If you need extra funds to channel to our little girlie, don't hesitate to call upon this old lady."

An old withered voice came from inside.

"No worries, pill elder-no number 6. We can expand our reach into the neighboring sects. There will be a continued expansion of her resources, no doubt. There are already pre-orders from the Immortal Maiden Sect and Valiant God Slaying Sect, even some hidden orders from the Nirvanic Dharma Temple have come across."

The young man continued his words with pride.

""Oooooh-no worries. Soon the world should know of the greatest treasure of the Heavenly Jin Mountain Sect.""

All of the members chimed out.

"I assume that everything is going alright."

A light and gentle voice traveled across as a gentle young man with a ponytail stood by the door side.

"Yes, of course, Number 0. Please just focus on your duty of staying by the girlie's side and make sure that she is not in danger."

The hoarse voice of the weapon elder echoed out while looking at the man who turned his back and walked away.

Leaving the room, hidden inside a cave in the most luxurious part of the sect.

A giant wooden plaque hung above the door.

It written 'Xueer Fanclub'.

Yes, this just was another peaceful day at the Heavenly Jin Mountain Sect.

You have seen a reminiscence of The Million Suns.

You have gained 1% proficiency in the Archaic Sun Aura. (16%)

10