2 – Every housewife already knows about it
1k 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A taste of bitterness filled the mouth, it was the taste of iron. As the sounds of crickets and cicada rang in his ears, Liu Xun started to open his eyes.

The surrounding has already darkened as the sun was nowhere in sight. Liu Xun could still feel his head throbbing, pain radiating as plenty of unknown knowledge assailed into his brain.

"Status"

Cultivator:

Liu Xun

Roots:

Mortal

Cultivation Level:

Unawakened [38]

System Credit:

90

Inventory:

None

Skills:

Passive: Minor GuanXin Knowledge

Talents:

None

Hmm, I got a passive skill as well as some spiritual qi. At least some recompense for my suffering.

I should go home now. My parents would be worried. It is unfortunate that I have not managed to cut any lumber, but I have already obtained a system. I should make my plans to join a sect instead. That way, I can gain some extra resources to cultivate.

Liu Xun was after all just a 16-year-old youth who was from a Liu Family, a construction family, his family has been in the business for several generations. The Liu Family is among the seven largest families in White Blossom County, bearing much of its prestige as a mortal powerhouse. Despite being only a branch family member, whose main duty was delivering lumber, it was already much more fortunate than many others who must live in poverty.

Feeling the rusted hatchet by his side, Liu Xun grabbed the hilt and used it to support himself up despite the throbbing. He slowly started hobbling into the distance.

As he slowly made his way down the mountain, Liu Xun was slowly thinking about his plans. Should he approach the Thousand Blossom Sect which was the best sect in the county? There are also other alternatives, but this would mean fewer resources despite having a lower profile.

Passing the entrance exam? Hah! As if Liu Xun would even entertain the thought of failing the entrance exam with such a cheat. He might as well be a pig if he cannot even succeed in such a basic step!

 As Liu Xun was approaching the base of the mountain, he suddenly heard a ring.

[Attention host, you must sign in at a location at least once a day! Failure to do so will result in a 10% weakening of the host’s cultivation strength. This is cumulative every day for up to 50% of the host’s cultivation! The penalty will disappear once the host signs in. The penalty will initiate in half an incense stick’s time!]

What!? Where did such a function and penalty come from? Why isn’t the system giving me the full details!

As if reading Liu Xun’s thoughts, the system chimed back.

[All the functions and rules of the system have been written inside the Beginner System Package. The host needs to read the terms and conditions before complaining.]

Liu Xun felt that the system was being a bit too pushy here, despite knowing that it was probably correct. He sighed and then asked, “So what must I do to do this ‘sign in’ thing then?”

[Host can find suitable areas to sign in at, the rewards will be pulled from an internal pool of rewards but will be influenced based on the location. Areas with greater spiritual qi are likely to grant superior rewards.]

Liu Xun was already starting to get worried, there would probably not be many suitable areas to sign in at for him to collect rewards from.

[Do not worry host, the system has been made to be easier to find areas to sign in. You can do it in places from small shrines, houses, wells to imperial palaces and hidden treasure sites. The items obtained will vary in quality though.]

“Alright! Alright! Tell me where to find the nearest optimal sign-in spot.”

[10 points.]

“Damn stingy system! Might as well find it myself.”

Liu Xun was lucky that he was walking alone in the forest, the system messages have only been ringing in his mind and if any mother and child were to look at him. The mother would probably close the child’s eyes and tell them not to learn from that crazy young man.

As he slowly strolled back onto the main road, Liu Xun noticed a small Buddhist Shrine located at the side of the road. A sudden spark lit in his mind.

Why not sign-in over here?

“System sign-in!”

A wheel immediately appeared in front of Liu Xun’s face. The wheel appeared to be different from the previous wheel as there are more colours located on the wheel this time. In fact, it almost looked like half of the wheel was dyed in grey. Liu Xun could obviously tell that getting those areas would not have any bountiful yield.

The wheel suddenly started spinning, before he could say anything.

This left Liu Xun dumbfounded.

“System, why is the wheel spinning without permission?”

[Host, the sign-in wheel is fully automated once you choose to sign in. You can even choose to start moving away after signing in while the wheel is spinning. This is an extra service.]

That is weird, why did the system phrase this sign-in mechanism in such a way? Before Liu Xun could continue with his thoughts, he was interrupted by the system message as the wheel stopped at a spot in the grey region.

[Congratulations Host Liu Xun for signing in at the “Small Earth Immortal Shrine”. You have obtained the grey prize - a mantou (bread)!]

Liu Xun immediately glowered, thinking he was unlucky.

Imagine getting a trash item from a gacha, even more so a piece of mantou from a shrine! People would think he was a beggar stealing street offerings!

Ru Xi Affection -100
Liu Ruanfeng Affection -1000
Bu Ningxian Affection -100
Rou Qingxia Affection -100

.

.

.

Countless blue boxes started appearing in front of Liu Xun.

Liu Xun was at a loss for words. Completely speechless!

What are these blue boxes!?

Why is everyone from his family including the main family and even his neighbors or even strangers showing a negative affection reading!?

[Host, your sign-in rewards are being broadcasted to a 20-mile radius. Even your neighbor Qiu Ying’s baby or dog will have heard that you have obtained a mantou.]

Liu Xun was baffled. At this rate, wouldn’t every housewife already know that he has a system? More so, using a system to take mantous from shrines!? What a disaster!

~~

Wow, trying to write a Xianxia in English is quite difficult. Some sentences and paragraph structures just do not sit well with me.

Mantous(馒头)=bread or specifically Chinese steamed buns, written as mantous because it sounds nicer

21