9- Choosing his first
495 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That was a rather weird dream that I had.

After a whole night of meditation, Liu Xun felt great.

He could feel himself getting stronger as he could sense the qi inside of him getting denser.

A memory of that senior. The system message said Archaic Sun Aura. Status.

 

My cultivation is progressing rather quickly, 12 points of qi overnight is really impressive. It is a pity my cultivation root is only a mortal root, if not I would have progressed much more rapidly.

Cultivator:

Liu Xun

Roots:

Mortal

Cultivation Level:

Qi Gathering Stage 1 [124] (↑12)

System Credit:

83 (↓31)

Inventory:

Cons: 2x Premium Gacha Talisman, 1x Fireball Talisman [SSR]

Misc: [System Subscription Channel], [System Rulebook]

Active:

Purple Heaven Gathering Pill (Duration: 79 days)

Skills:

Passive:

Minor GuanXin Knowledge

Archaic Sun Aura Wisp [1%] (+50% to cultivation speed, minor resistance to yang elements, improved proficiency towards yang contents)

Talents:

None

"System, what is this Archaic Sun Aura Wisp proficiency?"

[The proficiency dictates your comprehension of the said skill. If you consume the fireball talisman, you will lose the Archaic Sun Aura Wisp. Thus, losing its bonus. The more proficiency you gather, the more likely you will retain part or even all of the skill should the talisman be used.]

"I see, thank you system. Time to get some food."

Adjusting from the lotus position, Liu Xun got off the bed and prepared to go outside.

Today was the day he would go and collect his first martial skill.

Stepping out the house, he noticed a pot-bellied youth waiting outside for him.

Liu Langsheng, one of the main descendants of the Liu Family.

Langsheng was sitting by the pavement with his eyes closed. It seems he was cultivating.

Hmm, what is this fatty doing by my house?

Liu Xun thought to himself as he started walking towards the guy.

As he approached, he noticed the pudgy guy's left eye open.

Immediately, the man jumped to his feet and showed an excited expression.

"Liu Xun, I have been waiting for you! Aiya, why do you take so long. I was almost bored to death. Are you busy, hmm? I remember that you have gotten an opportunity to go to the skill house by the patriarch, right? The maids were talking about it yesterday night and I overheard it. How lucky, even me and the others do not get many opportunities to go there often. So are you planning on going? I remember you haven't gotten any martial skills, yet right? Are you going now? Let me guide you. I am the 'Answering-All' Langsheng. That is my nickname. I am pretty proud of it, it is befitting of my smartness."

The words out of the fatty's mouth seem to stream out rapidly. His words sound hurried without any pause and by the end of his speech it almost seemed like he was out of breath.

Are you sure they did not call you 'Answering-All' because of your mouth rather than your brain?

Liu Xun pondered slightly before giving a kind smile.

"Much thanks, Brother Langsheng. This one would be glad if you could assist me in finding my way around the Liu Family. I am rather new to the main house, after all."

The two men began setting off on their way.

--

The skill house.

It was an ancient building made of red pine wood and brown clay bricks. The building itself was 3-stories high and the roof was shaped like a dome.

It stood alone in the vast area surrounded by four walls without any neighboring buildings.

Few people could be seen wandering in the vicinity. They probably had some business at the building as there would be no other purpose to loiter around.

At the entrance hall, there lay a thin elderly man with deep wrinkles sitting by a desk. He was in a deep navy blue loose robe. By his side were two mountains of books, each stacked up to a considerable height. The man seems engrossed in his book as if he paid no attention to his surroundings.

Liu Xun and Langsheng were slowly approaching him.

Langsheng's mouth was running much faster than the pace of his feet.

Liu Xun was started to get irritated by it.

No wonder only Mushang would talk to this guy? He must be an actual saint to tolerate this every day.

Once they reach the desk, they looked at the elder who was still reading his book.

The elder's eyes remain fixed on the words.

"Young man with the wood tag, place it on the desk. You have five incense sticks of time to choose any one book on the first and second floor. The other young man, you have no business here. Leave."

"Alright, alright. Third elder, you do not need to rush this one. I will leave. Liu Xun, remember to find me later okay. We have so much more to talk about. Like Waner's pet bird, I heard that it..."

The voice started to get more distant as Liu Xun saw the pudgy youth walk into the distance while waving his left hand with his back facing the former.

Liu Xun place the wooden tag he obtained on the desk, he then slowly walked around the first floor.

The shelves were filled with books.

There were various kinds of books, from pristine new ones to old tattered ones. Some were in the form of old yellow booklets, while others may only be a single torn page.

Liu Xun started walking around.

His main priority would be obtaining a weapon skill.

It would be troubling for him if he sets out on a journey without any means to defend himself.

As one would say, offense is the best defense.

He slowly began to browse certain books.

Eight Cun Sword.

Po Lang Saber.

Half Moon Whip.

Five River Fist.

Yang Sun Stability Podao.

Iron Tempering Fist.

Xia Cavalry's Glaive.

.

.

.

Each skill book has its corresponding name.

Liu Xun was pondering what skill would fit him.

Based on his imagination, a sword or saber immortal would probably look the coolest.

The weapon type is also fairly common, so it would be in relatively higher supply.

No, I should find something that is strong and likely to suit me instead.

Liu Xun's idea makes some sense.

He was probably better off finding an art and weapon that fits his style rather than fitting himself to a particular style.

He slowly began looking through each book.

One incense.

Two incense.

Three incense.

Four incense sticks worth of time has passed as Liu Xun moved from the first to the second floor.

Liu Xun's brows were scrunched.

He felt troubled. Mainly by the fact that there were many decent skills, but he could tell that they were not that suitable for himself.

He slowly moved around as he finally lay eye on a piece of paper.

It was a short torn page, on it was written, 'Nine Illusory Steps'.

Nine Illusory Steps! This is a skill that I have knowledge about! It is primarily a Core Formation Skill Art. It is a pity that the skill is fragmented. It seems like this is the first chapter and I am able to cultivate it now.

It was a decent choice.

Though Liu Xun would ideally like to choose a weapon art, having a decent escape art with future growth would also be handy.

As said, out of the 36 stratagems, escape is always the best tactic.

Liu Xun himself was running out of time to search anymore.

He decided to give one last search in the surrounding area.

There was a small red booklet at the edge of the shelf.

The words written on it were slightly faded.

Crimson Beheading Dragon Axe.

The name was ambitious.

The booklet itself was only four tiny pages.

The information written on it was cursory, barely covering the basics of how to swing an ax to how to guard and such. It would be a praise to even call it a weapon art, without anything else but basic ax forms and such. It was basically not even the first chapter, but an introductory one.

However, Liu Xun was tempted. The Guanxin Knowledge Pill has given him much information, but it would ignore small uncommon or regional knowledge and obscure information. There was a segment on this very ax art though.

A tyrannical ax weapon art. Used by many of the famous ax cultivators in the Xuanxi world on the devil path. It is said that most cultivators who use this art can cultivate this art up to the Bone Tempering Realm 1(4th realm). Making it a popular starting ax art in devil sects.

It was no wonder not much of this art remained in this library, it was mainly a devil weapon art!

Many sects would hunt down devil cultivators for their notorious deeds. The weapon art was innocent, but its reputation was notorious.

Liu Xun was still keen on learning this art.

It had great potential to last up till Bone Tempering. It was an obscure weapon art, making there be less effective counters.

The downsides are however that it is still an infamous weapon art and the fact that axes were an uncommon weapon to use, so finding a good ax would be hard.

Slow but strong hits.

It sort of fits my style considering I have been swinging my ax daily since young too.

I can also swing my partner until I find a replacement for it.

Liu Xun made up his mind.

The Crimson Beheading Dragon Axe Art it is!

13