16- The Vermillion Ranges (1)
387 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

System, status.

Cultivator:

Liu Xun

Roots:

Mortal

Cultivation Level:

Qi Gathering Stage 3 [263]↑74

System Credit:

 119 ↑ 1

Inventory:

Cons: 1x Premium Gacha Talisman, 1x Fireball Talisman [SSR]

Misc: [System Subscription Channel], [System Rulebook]

Active:

Purple Heaven Gathering Pill (Duration: 73 days)

Red Savage Yang Root Dan (Duration: 0 days)

Skills:

Passive:

Minor GuanXin Knowledge

Archaic Sun Aura Wisp [8%] (+50% to cultivation speed, minor resistance to yang elements)

Shadow Concealment Aura (87%) - ON ( Currently Qi Gathering Stage 2)

Movement:

Shadow Grasping Illusory Steps (93%)

Weapon:

Crimson Dragon Beheading Axe (Incomplete) [23.6%]

Talents:

Movement Cultivator Adept (+15% to efficiency of Movement arts and effects)

Now that I have obtained the Shadow Grasping Illusory Steps, I have a movement art that will allow me to escape from danger.

Liu Xun's cultivation has skyrocketed over the past week, advancing three stages. This is mainly due to the consumption of treasure pills such as the Scarlet Yang Beast Dan and Purple Heaven Gather Pill, supplemented with the Archaic Sun Aura. However, the beast dan's effects will wear today. He would no longer experience such a rapid growth in qi and ax weapon art comprehension any longer. Nonetheless, he has benefitted quite a lot with his current pulls. Most people would take a year to reach qi gathering stage 3 with their normal resources, even if they had slightly better roots than Liu Xun.

With his shadow concealment aura on, the rest of the group did not suspect that his cultivation level had once again increased, most would only see him as a qi gathering stage 2 novice, not one who was approaching the middle stages of the realm. Much more than that, with Liu Xun's knowledge of the Shadow Grasping Illusory Steps, he may perhaps be able to contend with qi gathering stage 4 or 5 disciples. He also stands the chance to escape from much stronger foes with this unique movement skill. While learning the movement skill, he had also obtained the experiences of the creator. This allowed him to learn more tactics and insights with regards to his movement and weapon swinging, despite the creator being a sword user. The 'Movement Cultivator' talent from the creator came directly to him in a weaker form, effectively adding a cherry on top of everything.

Liu Xun was following behind the group.

They had just arrived at the entrance to the Vermillion Ranges.

The horse carriage could no longer drive any deeper due to the wild beasts who would endanger the horses and driver. The group had to set off on the dirt path on foot.

The vermillion ranges is basically a large area that borders a hostile dukedom, it stretches out wide and consists of many hunting grounds in between. Core formation beasts are rampant in the core. It is said there even exist Core Inversion or perhaps greater beast seniors hidden within the depths of the mountain ranges. That would probably be one of the reasons why both kingdoms have not gone to war yet. It was not worth the risk of traversing straight across.

The outer area itself was mostly barren, except for a few spots where small forests and basins lay. These habitable regions were even more dangerous as the strongest demonic beast lords would set their dens near such places. Nevertheless, where Liu Xun and the rest are going is merely the outer peripheries of the Vermillion Ranges. The chances of them meeting anything scary would be rather low.

The mood within the group was serious.

Everybody was alert, especially since this was the real start to their journey.

They mainly moved in an arrow formation.

Liu Five (Shortened from Liu Family Fifth Elder) and Senior Xuan (corpse cultivator) were the vanguards. Senior Qin and Senior Gan were guarding the flanks. The rest of the Liu Family juniors including Liu Xun were in charge of the back.

They had to be vigilant, considering wild beasts could pop out from between the rock cliffs and boulders.

The group proceeded onward, their destination was the orchid basin which would be around a seven-day journey into the depths of the ranges.

Roaar.

The first foe appeared.

A red lizard that was about three meters large emerged from the cracks between the rocks of a cliffside.

The beast had sharp claws and teeth, paired with thick rocky skin and a large tail that had the head of a snake at the tip.

The lizard jumped forward as it attempted to attack the group.

"A Red Nuo Monitor!"

Tie Xuan shouted out as he swung his coffin in front of him.

Bang!

The monitor hit against the coffin.

The coffin did not budge an inch.

From the side, Senior Qin narrowed her eyes as she lowered her shoulders assuming a sword stance. She then flicked her white Yin Serenity sword from its scabbard.

Shiiiing!

A flash of white.

Liu Xun did not manage to see her sword drawn at all. It still remained in its scabbard.

The Red Nuo Monitor shuddered for a moment, before dropping to the ground.

A thin layer of frost covered the area where the slash wound was.

The Liu Family's young geniuses including Liu Xun were surprised. This was their first time experiencing a battle between a demonic beast that was above their cultivation level. Most of the beasts that they faced were usually injured prey brought back by the Liu Family elders.

The level of the battle was indeed beyond their current level of comprehension.

"Hmph, only a seventh stage qi gathering demonic beast and it thinks it can attack a group of people with Essence Foundation cultivators. As expected from an uncivilized lizard!"

Senior Gan snarled in disdain.

He was right to a certain extent, after all both people and beast would be unable to accurately detect the cultivation bases of those higher than themselves. And even those who can have a range limited by their cultivation level, the range of qi gathering cultivators were merely a few feet, a pitiful distance.

"Hurry and collect its blood we have to leave. Gather it from the slash spot."

Senior Qin kindly mentioned.

Considering the fact that the journey was just beginning, there was no need to gather many materials of this demonic beast.

The Essence Foundation cultivators present may have spatial storage devices, but the size of their devices would not be that big. It was not worth the effort collecting anything besides the two fangs of this beast.

Liu Xun hurriedly took out a gourd from his cloth sack as he placed it by the slash wound.

Blood slowly trickled out.

The rest of the group took a short break while he was doing his task. They closed their eyes as they silently cultivated.

The only exception would probably be Liu Langsheng.

This fatty cannot seem to stop talking. Looking at how Liu Xun was the only person busy with something, he walked up to Liu Xun and kept talking about many irrelevant things like how the weather was.

Since Liu Xun felt kind of bad making him wait as well, he chose to entertain the garrulous guy.

--

A short while later.

The group was ready to head out again.

They continued to walk towards the direction in the distance. It seemed to be the intersection between two mountains. There was still a distance away and many small hills before they could reach to see the divide.

The group traversed the barren lands, walking through valleys, hillsides, and passing small rivers.

The trip since the last encounter was relatively uneventful.

--

Suddenly, alongside one of the cliff edges glowed a bright blue light.

It seemed to be appearing from a cave high above.

The group was alerted by this sudden flash as it was strong enough to catch their attention even during daylight.

"It feels like someone or something has just broken through to the Essence Foundation realm."

Senior Qin muttered out.

The group went silent.

The seniors were silent weighing the benefits of looking, perhaps there would be a treasure lying around.

The juniors?

They weren't qualified to give an opinion.

After a short moment of hesitation, Senior Gan looked at the rest.

"I am rather curious about this since it could involve us obtaining treasures at the start of the journey. Who knows when will be the next time such an opportunity arises. I say we go for it."

"But there are qi gathering juniors."

Senior Qin said in a worried tone.

"Bah, they don't need to come along. Just us three would suffice. Their elder can guard them since they were the ones who wanted to tag along."

Senior Gan scoffed.

Liu Five heard his snide remark but chose to take no offense. It was indeed the Liu Family's issue that they have to make such a compromise.

He agreed to the plan.

The three other Essence Foundation cultivators then headed off.

The Liu Family juniors then began to set up camp as the sun was already past the midway mark above their heads.

By the time the other seniors returned, it was likely that the sun would have already set.

Welcome to adventure arcs, it is basically the staple of xianxias— foes, fights, and treasures! Now I can just start slapping fight after fight. And yay to 30k words.

Days to Sect Recruitment: 53 days!

 

16