31.5- The Forgotten Eclipse (6)
261 8 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I am really curious now. So, why are you reading this anyways?
  • I want to read some normal xianxia. Votes: 4 9.3%
  • I got hardbaited by the word "sign in". Where is my hidden op mc, you shitty lying author. Votes: 6 14.0%
  • I came here for the loli side stories, I want to see Yanyi get arrested by the FBI. Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I came here because gacha calls. I shall embrace all the joys and woes of RNG! Votes: 15 34.9%
  • I don't know. I just read this because of the cover at first and continued because it is different. Votes: 7 16.3%
  • I have nothing better to read. Votes: 9 20.9%
Total voters: 43

Grrraaaaah-

A fish-headed beastman jumped forth.

Its hands held a long pitchfork that was thrusting forwards, aiming towards a small frail little girl.

"Fireball!"

A ball of flame burst forth as it engulfed the approaching beastman.

It seems the girl was not frail at all.

Xueer looked cautiously as she observed the trajectory of her released fireball land on the enemy.

Guuuuuuuuaaaaaah-

The merman struggled in vain as the inextinguishable flames combusted endlessly, rapidly draining moisture from its skin as the body began to wrinkle and break away.

The pitiful being continued its futile struggle for a few moments, before stopping to a halt as it lay lifelessly on the ground.

Its body was charred black.

"Phew."

A small sigh of relief could be heard as the little girl in green robes relaxed her stiff shoulders.

"Look out!"

A quick warning was issued.

!!!

Xueer rushed to turn around.

STABBB-

A large spear impaled the tiny body as blood began to trickle from the open wound.

The merman was hanging above Xueer's small body, with a vicious grin on its face.

It had attempted to execute its devious plan of deceiving its foe by sending a decoy before dealing the fatal strike.

The poor unsuspecting girl naively thought that the initial attack was the end.

She could not have predicted this pincer attack!

The scenario of this tragedy was already long envisioned in its mind.

The result was long predetermined.

Her death was inevitable.

Was what it had assumed.

--

Looking below, a remnant spearhead could be seen from the beastman's body.

The impaling spear had came not from the merman's hands, but rather the large and masculine body behind it.

"Are you okay, Xueer?"

The large man asked her in a worried tone.

"Uuuuu...Xueer would have been fine anyway. Hmph!"

The girl gave a slight frown as she reflected on her mistake then proceeded to turn her head away in embarrassment.

Yanyi could tell that Xueer was definitely regretful that she had let her guard down. She was not one who was ignorant enough to let such an error occur again so easily. Yet, this shy girl would always hide her real feeling as she tries to display a tough front.

Sadly, most of her brave fronts would appear to be rather adorable in the face of other cultivators. Her small and immature body garnered the protective instincts of many who have partnered with her over the various missions the two have undergone together whilst in the Heavenly Jin Mountain Sect.

Leng Xueer is most definitely one of the sect's biggest mascots. Many elder brothers and sisters would shower her with gifts and give her many useful pieces of advice as they looked warmly to this little girl. Even the sect master and elders have declared that anyone trying to seek trouble with her would face corporeal punishment. This had opened up an easy path for Xueer to cultivate in the sect as many were willing to guide her without any recompense beside her company.

However, Xueer was one who would not shy away from danger. As a street urchin who had to eat dirt to survive, she knew that she could only rely on herself at the very end. Therefore, she would still go on many sect missions with Yanyi despite not needing any reason for doing so. This was just one of those very missions that they have undertaken.

"Alright, you are always right. You could have easily handled that."

Yanyi said in a gentle resigned tone as he shrugged his shoulders. He was long used to dealing with this selfish but adorable partner of his.

"Glad you know."

The little girl harrumphed as she slowly walked away.

"Thanks."

A soft mumble could be heard as the distance grew.

A faint red blush could be seen on the earlobes of the retreating figure.

The young man was momentarily surprised as his pupils dilated and eyebrows raised.

"Your welcome."

The man replied back as he chuckled while following the small back that was walking ahead.

The two then walked towards the distant sunset in the direction of the sect.

You have seen a reminiscence of The Million Suns.

You have gained 1% proficiency in the Archaic Sun Aura. (14%)

 

I am just writing this extra note just to confirm that everyone who has read up to this point can tell that Leng Xueer aka The Million Suns is the cover girl, right? Right? Please don't prove me wrong.

11