45- Surrounded (5)
144 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

System, how much qi do I have left?

Liu Xun thought out as he quickly popped a golden qi burst pill into his mouth.

[161/515 qi remaining, the qi burst pill would temporarily boost it by 50.]

So 211 qi remaining huh, I got to make every bit count.

The youth rushed forth from the defender. He had chosen not to finish off the defender. After all, the current priority was the chieftess. Finishing off the defender would take time and strength. But more importantly, the rest of the lizardmen including the chieftess were stunned at the moment. There was not a better opportunity to capitalize on the fact that they are still shocked and their guards were down. He was now barely 6 feet (1.8meters) away from the chieftess! He could almost see victory at sight now!

The surrounding lizardmen and chieftess have then awoken from their shock as they instantly reacted with panic. Around a dozen lizardmen threw themselves at Liu Xun without care for themselves. They had to protect the chieftess at all costs! The white lizardman chieftess herself then began to resume casting her purple incantation circles.

[Lizardman (Qi Stage 3) x3 is attacking from 9 o'clock (spear).]

[Lizardman (Qi Stage 3)x2 is attacking from 2 o'clock (club).]

[Lizardman (Qi Stage 2) is attacking from 6 o'clock (saber).]

[Lizardman (Unawakened)x3 is attacking from 4 o'clock (claw).]

.

.

.

Many of such messages were flooding into Liu Xun as he looked at the swarm rushed towards him relentlessly. Well, now he had no time to deal with the rest of these other lizardmen. Yet, they were obstructing him from his goal. His mind then raced as he began to consider his next move. He then had an idea.

Swoooooosh. Woooooosh.

Liu Xun then did a quick strong spin as all the lizardmen approached with their weapons.

CLANG. CLANG. CLANG. CLANG. CLANG. CLANG. CLANG. CLANG. CLANG. CLANG. CLANG. CLANG.

As he was much stronger than these lizardmen, he instantly disarmed all of them upon contact with their weapons. Yet these lizardmen were still charging forth without their weapons, determined to place their lives down. They would rather die than let him advance one step forward!

GRRRRRRRAAAAAAHHHH!

The dozen or so lizardmen lunged forth, using their teeth, claws, tails, or whatever they could use to stop the black-robed youth. Yet, the youth swung his ax forth to the lizardman in front. Crack. It immediately crushed into the lizardman's skull as it powerlessly fell backward.

Jump.

Liu Xun then leaped forward onto the corpse of that lizardman as he used it as a platform to cover distance aerially. Now that he was up into the air, he could see the white chieftess just under him! Time to finish this, were his thoughts as he smashed his ax downwards!

-

"Gwaaahh!?"

The lizardman chieftess was shocked by the youth's actions as she saw him instantly closing the distance. She had still yet to complete the incantation of her offensive spell as purple poisonous acid welled into the spell circle. The youth charging forth had an ax overhead as he intended to slash downwards. She had to find a way to block it.

The lizardman chieftess immediately chose to interrupt her spell as she predicted that she would not be able to finish her spell. She then waved her staff upwards as she planned to meet the contact of the ax. Despite it being a wooden staff, it was strengthened by qi and made of superior ingredients, thus it stood solid still upon contact with the ax.

BANG.

The ax and the staff collided. Both were surprisingly equally matched. To be honest, both fighters seemed equally exhausted and the chieftess was obviously a caster class thus she had an innate disadvantage in close combat. The chieftess then decided she had to widen the distance as she knocked Liu Xun's ax back and swirled around as her pinkish white tail swung forward.

-

[Lizardman Chieftess is using a tailspin from the right. (Moderate)]

Oh, a tailspin to increase the distance huh. I won't let you!

Liu Xun quickly regained his footing as he leaped directly into the tailspin. He then placed his ax in front of him as he charged forward. He did not care for the chance of being injured, right now he needed to press his advantage. If not, he would quickly get swarmed by the other lizardmen.

The lizardman chieftess was completely shocked by the youth's decision to charge forth. Did he not see the tail swing? Or is he planning to take her down with him? Still, it did not matter, she had to continue with the tail swing or she would be the one at a disadvantage.

BAANG!

The strong muscular tail came into contact with Liu Xun's ax as it attempts to force Liu Xun away towards the left. However, the youth had already changed his body position. He was crouched down low as he charged forth. The tail barely glazed the ax as it was parried upwards. The tail was then deflected into the air as the surprised chieftess, almost lost her balance. Still, the battle waits for no one. The youth continued to charge onwards close to the lizardman chieftess. His ax was already switched from handguard position to an upward swinging position once again.

!?!

The chieftess then panicked as she placed her staff in front of her to guard against the oncoming ax. The ax then came into quick contact with the staff again. BANG! Both weapons hit each other with great force once again, unwilling to make way for the other. The chieftess was rather relieved as she was relatively confident in winning. The youth was not only weaker than her, but he was also very fatigued due to fighting her defender. As cowardly as it seems, only the victor can have the last laugh.

However, something unexpected to the chieftess happened. Liu Xun chose to use his body to lunge into the chieftess as he pinned her down onto the ground. The lizardman chieftess was momentarily surprised by that bold move as her concentration was slightly disrupted, leading to her qi flow being weak at that moment. But one moment was more than enough.

Swiiiiish.

The wooden staff flew up into the air as the lizardman chieftess was instantly disarmed. Before she could do anything to struggle, she could instantly feel a sharp blade press down against her neck.

"STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!"

A loud shout came afterward from the black-robed youth that had pinned her down.

The battlefield turned quiet.

-

As the staff and ax clashed with each other. Liu Xun's mind wandered to something else.

System, how much qi do I have remaining?

[Host, the qi remaining is 81/515.]

Just barely enough huh.

He instantly chose to abandon all defense, he was already at his last leg without much qi left to spare. He then used most of his force to press the lizardman chieftess down, meanwhile dealing an upward blow to the staff.

Swiiiiish.

The staff flew up into the air as he immediately moved to his next move. He quickly then brought his ax down to the lizardman chieftess before she could resist. If she had used her strength at that moment, with his remaining qi, it would be unlikely that he would win that clash. At most, it would be a draw with both of them finishing each other off.

He then channeled almost all of his remaining qi into his voicebox as he shouted out in a loud voice which reverberated throughout the battlefield.

"STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!"

6