72- Silver and Mysteries – Aventure (4)
49 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--

[Flashback]

"Hey, Millie. Come here and look."

Kyuuu?

A small girl with black flowing hair dashed forward as she abruptly turned back. The tiny fox cub which was struggling to keep up with her pace slowly stopped in its track as it looked towards the girl.

"This wisteria garden was once planted by my ancestor. It is located within a secret realm which is buried under an illusory formation."

Kiyuuuu!

The fox replied back happily as it jumped up and down with joy. Its violet eyes reflected the scene which greeted it, purple, lilac, white wisterias which drifted in the wind as they fall upon the lush green grass. The excited fox jumped around happily as it began to chase the butterflies dancing around the sole tree.

"Stupid right? Using so much effort and resources just to hide this place which has no real significance. Even the qi veins in the ground are barely average. I wonder why that ancestor would spend so much effort to hide away such a view?"

The girl laughed out softly as she looked towards the lone tree standing upon the small islet. It was only just a single tree and lake within a meadow. A very ordinary sight outside that could be found in many places.

"It is said that he had set this place up in order to wait for the reincarnation of his departed wife. Foolish, isn't he? What is the point of preserving a memory when the one you are waiting for might never appear again in your lifetime?"

The girl continued her monologue as she looked upon the lone wisteria blooming silently.

Kiyu?

The fox stopped in its tracks as it took a look at the girl's face.

Tap. Tap.

Droplets of water landed on the tiny fox's head as it looked around confusedly. There was no rain at the moment, the sky was clear as not even the remotest cloud is here. Yet, why does it feel as if it was raining? The fox did not know why it felt sad, but it does not want to feel sad and alone any longer. The girl was by its side. The girl who brought joy and laughter to each of its days since that cold winter.

Kiyu. Kiyu. Kyuu.

The fox tried to cheer her up as it rubbed itself against her leg.

"Millie, did you know that wisterias represent eternal love?"

The girl looked towards the little fox. Clueless as it was, the fox tilted its head left and right cutely as it wondered for a moment. A few moments after, the fox took a big jump as it jumped into the girl's open arms. The girl was surprised by the sudden embrace she fell backward onto the soft carpet of fallen wisterias.

KIYUUU!!

"Ahahaha, hey there. It is dangerous to just jump around like that. Seriously, what do I do with you."

The girl laughed out as she gently wrapped her embrace around her furry little silver companion.

Kyu.Kyu.Kyu.

The fox licked her cheeks repeatedly as it tried to cheer her up. It had always been performing this action and it had never failed to lift the girl's spirits.

"Hehe, that tickles."

She chuckled softly as she embraced the fox cub,

"Arrivals and farewells are but the flip of a coin. I hope that our time together will bloom as brightly as these wisterias and never wither."

She said as she gently shut her eyes.

Kyu!

"Ahaha, you agree with me too? But remember, if there is any time where we have to be apart. I would wish for you to treasure yourself before me, for that is the depths of my love for you to not be harmed by my disappearance."

She said in a soft and melancholic voice.

Kiyu?

"You probably do not get me, huh. Well, let us just remain together for as long as time allows us to."

Kiyu!

The cutscene has been realized.

Quest: The Estranged Fox has been updated.

--

System, quest log.

Quest:

The Estranged Fox (Cannot be declined)

Details:

The Mysterious Silver Celestial Heavenly Fox Millie has been waiting for her friend for centuries. Despite knowing that her friend is likely to never return, she still chooses to live alone in the secluded abode within the valley waiting for her dear friend.

[You have caught a glimpse of a hidden truth. If you clear more relevant conditions, you will gain bonus progress and the possibility of unlocking a hidden storyline.]

Mission:

1.Bring Millie to the outside world.

2. Give her a reason to no longer stay inside the Small Blue Valley Spring.

3. Get close to her and get an Affection Rating of >100, 000. (Currently: 57, 800)

4. Give The Heavenly Temptress more 'mofu mofu' scenes.

5. Unlocked Luoqi and Millie's Eternal Wisteria fragment [Hidden Cleared]

Failure Condition:

1.Millie dies or is hostile to you.

2. You piss The Heavenly Temptress off.

Quest Reward (44%) :

(Improves with better completion rate)

1.??? (Herbs/ Pills/ Weapons)

2. ??? x tickets (lottery chance item from The Heavenly Temptress's offerings)

3. ??? (Companion beast egg/ Spirit root/ Treasure)*

4. Eloquence Charm System Update (Lv 1/2/3)*

5. Maybe Fox Waifu?*

(Anything with a * means you need significant completion to obtain it)

Failure Penalty:

Negative relation with The Heavenly Temptress.

You have seen a reminiscence of The Heavenly Temptress.

Was this truly a memory of Millie, Luoqi or The Heavenly Temptress herself who watches her?

...

Only silence greeted back towards the youth. As the gentle spring breeze carried more lilac petals against his cheeks. The young lady before him was still crying out silent tears as she turned to look at the wisteria tree. It was not known whether she was looking at the tree itself or Luoqi back at that time. Perhaps the fox of the past had not known the significance of the girl's words, the fox of the present had not had the courage to step out of the valley to return back to this place. What would the fox of the future do?

Liu Xun could not really describe his current feelings as he looked upon the tragic beauty who had always cried under a smiling mask.

"Huh...that is weird. Why are these tears just flowing out like that."

Her confused voice mutters out.

"This is just...just...I cannot understand...this overwhelming sadness-hic"

Her voice was choked up as her voice turned nasally as tears poured out in greater volumes than before.

The Liu Xun from before would be soul stricken by this display of beauty. Yet after the cutscene, it was as if the refreshing spring breeze had wiped all the lighthearted emotions and light infatuations and carried alongside with it to the outer world. All that remains was a broken promise (from previous episodes), a long-forgotten memory, and a lost fox cub.

--

"Hey Millie..."

"...hic-"

"Millie..."

"...hmm, yeah Liu Xun?"

"Do you want to rest here for a moment? Just close your eyes and take a light nap."

"Huh, no...we can't. We still have many places to go. There is-is that hatchery, it is the Sa-berfang beasts breeding period so we can find you an appro-hic-priate companion. The frosted pine forest-hic-up north has that special fruit that needs to be consumed upon plucking. We cannot waste any time here, Liu Xun."

Her words seemed to be rational and well thought out, yet her emotions were clearly in a mess as she struggled to complete her sentence in one piece.

"Come...lie here."

Liu Xun point out as he rested his back upon the sole wisteria tree.

"But-"

"No, buts- just lie down."

Liu Xun gave a stern order as he pointed towards the fox and then towards his empty lap.

"Alright..."

A soft and submissive voice whispered out as the silver-haired lady gently rested her head upon his thighs.

"It is hard...you have been practising too much..."

Another soft whisper echoed out.

"Just shut up, and sleep."

An immediate prompt reply to the silent protest.

--

The Heavenly Temptress looks warmly, you have been donated 1 shell powder (15 points).

The Million Suns approves of this scene, you have been donated 5 mantous (5 points).

The Thousand Deceiver praises for your gallant effort.

The Peerless Jade Scabbard say that you aren't half bad, you have been donated 1 small pill (10 points).

Liu Xun looked at all the new blue messages which popped up before him. He sighed as he looked at how he managed to earn points even though this was not a draw be it sign in or premium.

[This is a quest event, you can earn points during relevant event sequences.]

Oh, that is interesting to know. But man, the Thousand Deceivers sure is as broke as he mentioned if he cannot even donate a single mantou. Damn, I am getting used to this weird currency terminology. By the way, what's up with The Most Ancient One?

[Oh creator? He is desperately trying to find where I have hidden his dessert. Well, he won't be finding it.]

Liu Xun felt a chill run down his spine as the system said those words. For some reason, he felt even more sorry for the troubled great one to be bossed by his system to such an extent. This notorious diet game sounds really evil and ominous to him. Besides that, he felt a moist sensation on his lap. It seems that the silver fox lady...no girl had finally fallen into a deep slumber as she silently cried herself to sleep.

The youth looked at the lonely girl as he shifted his head upwards and stared at the draping wisteria flower hanging from the tree.

"Eternal love, an eternal promise huh?"

He quietly muttered to himself as he watched the drifting petals continue to fall. He gently placed his hands upon the girl's head as he patted it gently. The girl who was in a deep slumber initially resisted, but slowly afterward got used to the sensation of his hand as a small smile was revealed. Hopefully, she is having a good dream that night. (Yes the sun had set by now.)

 

Let's be honest here, so what does the fox say?

No horny here, I just want to feel happy. :(

3