12- Beast Qi (1)
419 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Li Xun returned to his old home that morning.

His family was shocked by his appearance.

Drenched in blood and sweat.

Filled with meat and grime as he dragged whatever he could bring with him.

His elder brother, Yuankai, was no longer present at home as he had returned to the sect to continue his training.

Liu Feng had already left earlier to gather lumber.

Yu Wan and Suyu were greeted with the sight of a blood-stained young man with a faint grin. If it were not for the fact they recognized Liu Xun, they may have already run away screaming out 'murder'. Looking at the complex expressions, Liu Xun guessed he must not be leaving the best of impressions at the moment. He slowly opened his cloth sack and handed over all the meat and fur to his mother, while taking the heart and brain as well as the gourd filled with blood along with him.

Yu Wan was shocked by the number of things Liu Xun brought back. By the looks of it she could tell that it was from a bear, but where did he get it from? It couldn't be that Liu Xun killed one, she wondered worriedly.

The immature Suyu, on the other hand, was staring at Liu Xun with curiosity like a rabbit. She had never seen him so dirty and stinky before. The last time she remembered him having such an appearance was when he rolled down the hill after tripping on a rock.

Both of them had questions in their mind.

Liu Xun took turns to answer them, resolving their curiosity and worries.

He then moved onto his main purpose.

He walked into the family's wooden shed and dragged out the wooden tub that the family uses.

Slowly moving it to the well which his family owns and poured the blood into it.

It is such a shame that all the blood of the bear could not be obtained.

Nevertheless, he had gotten as many spoils as he could bring back.

The brain and heart were also mashed, forming a grotesque paste before soaking into the blood to allow the beast qi to be released.

Meanwhile, he took filled the tub using several buckets of water.

After removing the organs that were set to rest, Liu Xun removed his blood-filled robe and took a dip into the water. He first stood in the bath, then slowly lowered himself as he felt his body submerge into the water. He then sat in a lotus position as if he were doing his usual meditation.

It was cold.

He attempted to circulate the lingering beast qi into his body, letting it revolve around his meridians. The circulation of his qi kept traveling cycles in Liu Xun's body as he body slowly refines the beast qi. The degree of beast qi obtained was rather minuscule compared to spiritual or demonic beasts, but Liu Xun could only rely on this for now.

One revolution.

Two Revolutions.

Three revolutions.

Liu Xun could slowly feel a feral aura seep into his muscles. The savagery and wildness behind it were unrestrained as if trying to bear its fangs at him. It is still a relief that the quantities are small so Liu Xun was not overwhelmed.

This could be dangerous in the future if I obtain beast parts that are stronger than me. It is good to gain power, but only power that I can control.

Stronger demonic beast parts may deliver greater amounts of aura. However, having too much may cause a strong cultivation backlash. As the beast qi is passed through the muscles, bones, organs, and meridians, the damage would be irreversible if it is not properly controlled. The main issue here would be the lack of the ability to properly refine such beast qi and the booklet only mentioned soaking in water without any other remedies of control. Big sects and large cultivation families were of course able to afford such skills and treatment, but who was Liu Xun? He was only a young man from a small secular family in a small county without any significant cultivation background.

Liu Xun slowly meditated in the murky cold water.

His pores slowly released microscopic amounts of black ooze.

This was cultivation waste.

It would normally appear as sweat on the skin or excreted through other methods. Since Liu Xun was soaked, the waste just left his body immediately, instead of accumulating on the skin surface.

Liu Xun remained still in the bathtub as time seemed to pass.

--

The sun began hanging up high into the sky.

It was already noon now.

Liu Xun had been sitting in the cold bath for over 3 hours. The remnant beast qi linger inside was scant, replacing it the water seemed murkier as a lot of Liu Xun's waste from his skin got absorbed into the water. His pores were opened, Liu Xun felt great!

I should do this more often. It seems to be an efficient way of cultivating better efficiency with the means I have available to me. First, I would have to buy a bathtub for the house in the Liu Family main household.

By now, Liu Xun was already out of the bath. He slowly took the new set of robes that were prepared for him by his mother. Liu Xun gave it a loving look as he began putting it on. This is the kind of warmth that is only felt when you are starting to lose it. Soon, Liu Xun will just be like his brother, Yuankai, and leave for a sect. It may be months to years before he returns home. Who knows if his home would still be there or whether he would be able to return?

Liu Xun shook his head.

It is too far to be thinking of such things, I have to first enter a sect before I can manage this.

He threw the loose robe over his body as his arms inserted into the sleeves. He then tied the sash around his waist before leaving the well.

Tossing away the water into the bushes, Liu Xun slowly headed back towards the house.

"My son, are you really okay? Are you sure it is really safe to head out at such timings? What if you meet a danger that you are not able to handle? Mother is really worried. Do try to act with safety."

"Yes, mother. This one will take your words to heart."

In the end, Liu Xun acquiesced to his mother's endless ranting.

It was only after the lady had her fill that lunch was served.

The meal was simple porridge with some steamed vegetables and egg.

It was a delicious meal by Liu Xun's normal standards. However, it will definitely pale in comparison to something like the meal he had previously at the pavilion.

It was still a meal prepared at his home, the feeling could not be replicated elsewhere.

With regard to facing danger, Liu Xun admitted that he did not expect the safe areas of White Blossom County to be so dangerous! Cultivators will still have to take risks. It could be said that he was lacking in preparation in this case.

I need to be more vigilant and obtain more trump cards, Liu Xun whispered to himself.

--

Liu Xun intended to spend the rest of his day going to town to make some preparations.

Yu Wan told him to just barter of the bear fur and paws in a famous restaurant like the pavilion and get some items for his journey. Filial piety is a good act, but unrequited at the moment, were the exact words from her mouth.

He trudged along the wide streets of White Blossom City.

As he was moving, a constant pull could be felt from behind.

It was his little sister Suyu.

Suyu badgered him to bring her along to the city. Considering how he used to always spoil his little sister, Liu Xun decided to oblige. He had to also consider the fact once he left for a sect, little Suyu will be all alone with his father and mother. Spoiling her a few additional times would not hurt, right?

They walked on the busy streets as businesses were at their peak times.

Bartering and offers could be heard everywhere.

Liu Xun had been walking to the Opulent Fragrance Pavilion. He had previously gone there to dine. This occasion is different. Since Senior Qin is staying at the lodging there at the moment, he wanted to go there to receive some advice with regard to the skill he was learning.

Of course, Liu Xun would not be dumb enough to reveal the entire truth. He just wanted to see if Senior Qin or her sect has methods to increase beast qi that he could borrow or adapt towards.

Step by step, he walked closer to the inn.

--

Suddenly he felt a pull from behind.

Looking behind, Suyu had stopped walking.

Her eyes were closely fixated on one of the street stalls.

The stall had many sticks place on the stand. Each stick had cherry red hawthorns1a red fruit that is popularly candied or made into jelly coated with glistening honey stacked on it.

Suyu's eye gleamed with desire.

Didn't this glutton just eat lunch? Sigh, it won't hurt to spoil her some.

Liu Xun immediately took out 2 coppers from his coin pouch and passed it to the merchant.

The merchant handed him a stick.

The process was simple.

In the end, Suyu happily tagged behind Liu Xun with a candied haw stick in her left hand as they went to the pavilion.

15