Girls, Girls, Girls!
69 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

11:09 PM

  Mary Jane and her best friends Julia and Annie were at the edge of the forest, near the lake on the large campus grounds. They saw the chaos ensuing and Annie rushed them to her car. They drove off, where the lake was, hoping that they could get away from the massacre.

Annie was not a good driver.

  She had her permit and her father's used car, but she drove illegally, and she drove fast.

She also forgot to put gas in her old car before she came to the festival, so the car eventually slowed down to a halt in the middle of the road.

They decided to go through the forest until they got to the other side, avoiding any more fights.

  As they were walking through the forest, suddenly Mary Jane let out a shriek and fell to the ground. “What’s wrong,” Julia asked.

  “I-I hit something,” Mary Jane whispered. They looked ahead, and there was nothing ahead of them. Annie cautiously walked towards the direction Mary Jane was in and felt something in front of her.

She saw nothing, but no matter how hard she pushed, she couldn’t go through.

“Oh my god,” Julia screamed. “We can’t leave! This was all a trap!”

“Jules be quiet,” Mary Jane hissed. “If they hear us we’ll have to fight again.” Julia nodded quickly, her mouth pursed shut.

“If we can’t go through, then why don’t we just go under,” Annie suggested.

“That...is not that bad of an idea,” Mary Jane mumbled.

Annie and Julia stood back, far as they could, and watched Mary Jane get to work. She stomped the ground and it split open like a coconut shell.

She closed her eyes and took deep breaths. She was trying to calm down, as she was so excited for once she could use both of her abilities and not accidentally break something or hurt someone.

Mary Jane got into the large crack in the ground she created, and her eyes pulsated a deep gold. She sat down, and the ground beneath her lowered, like a little elevator. She hummed as if there were elevator music to go along with it.

  Once several feet in the ground she stood up and walked forward. The ground shifted, making way for her, a little tunnel as she walked through. She got out her phone and grimaced at the many worms and strange creatures disturbed in their home. She kept going until she couldn’t anymore.

She pushed and pushed, but the dirt would not move any further.

“Are you kidding me,” she screamed. “What is this shit!?”

Mary Jane, like Levi, was not a patient person. Years of wealth makes one irrational when they don’t get what they want.

She pushed aside all the dirt she could and felt up the invisible barrier in front of her. “What the fuck,” she whispered in the dark. “How deep does this go?”

Mary Jane went deeper, further into the ground. Again she tried to get free, but the barrier was still there, impeding her way. No matter how hard she punched it with her herculean strength, it absorbed every hit, every kick. She went deeper and then stopped.

Everything was suddenly hot even in her revealing costume, and she knew if she went deeper she would just be hurting herself. She returned to the top, covered in dirt, kicking worms off her golden thigh-high boots.

"We're fucked," she announced. "We can't leave."

“What if we went through the sky,” Julia asked.

“How,” Annie asked. “None of us can fly!”

“Didn’t you see those people falling out of the sky,” Mary Jane shrieked. “There is no way out of here!”

They sat on the forest floor, accepting their fate.

Mary Jane held her phone in her hand, flashlight still on, and then remembered she could make a phone call. She dialed a number, but it didn’t go through.

No service.

“Who here has bars,” Mary Jane asked. “Call anyone!”

They fumbled in their purses and took out their phones. Just like Mary Jane they couldn't get a signal. "We need to think of this in a different way," Annie told them. "You guys saw that thing in the sky, right? It must be doing all of this."

Julia and Mary Jane nodded in agreement. “How could we even reach it,” Julia whined. “It’s so high up!”

“Let’s just find someone that can,” Mary Jane suggested. “They can take me up, and I can smash whatever that thing is.”

  They had a plan and made their way out of the forest, and back to the main road. "I don't wanna walk back," Julia grumbled. Mary Jane was wearing boots with long heels, Annie wore fuzzy slippers for her sexy cat outfit, and Julia wore heels for her sexy nurse outfit.

“Take off your shoes,” Mary Jane grumbled. “I’d rather get a cut than trip and break my ankle in this mess.”

They all walked barefoot, holding their shoes and purses, making a long walk of shame back to the main campus. They walked in the middle of the road, the asphalt much kinder to their bare feet than the grass littered with jagged rocks and the stray piece of trash.

A car came their way and it screeched to a halt. Amy and Mark were inside his black Jeep.

“Ohmigod,” Julia groaned. “Thank you.”

Without even asking, they jumped into the open door Jeep and Amy glared at them. “It’s okay Amy,” Mark told her. “We can take them with us.”

“Oh no, there is no way out of here,” Mary Jane corrected him. “We should head back.”

“Why would we go back if there’s no way out,” Amy shrieked.

“Because,” Mary Jane said mockingly. “We’re going to fix it. That thing in the sky is what’s keeping us in here.”

“Yeah,” Julia exclaimed. “We’re going to get someone who can fly and knock it down!”

“That’s a good plan,” Mark grinned.

“I think we should find our own way out of here,” Amy insisted.

“Don’t bother,” Annie sighed. “Mary Jane went so deep she started to feel heatwhen she tried to go under it.

“Oh no,” Amy shuddered. “We’re screwed.”

"No, we're not," Mary Jane insisted. "I am not dying here. Anyone here agrees with that?"

A few yeahs and grunts of approval could be heard.

“So let's go back and find some idiot that can fly, or simply find someone who can shoot it down,” Mary Jane exclaimed. “The faster we do that, the faster we can ask for help!”

Mark made a U-turn and sailed down the road, pushing his car to its limit as the girls grinned, hair whipping in their face.

  The closer they got to the center of campus, the more living corpses they came upon. Mark didn't stop. He drove right through them, blood and bones getting stuck on the front of his car and windshield.

  He simply turned on the wipers and the fluid and kept going, mowing them down, ignoring Julia's screams as she wailed about a finger in her hair.

He made a sharp turn into one of the parking lots and finally stopped, the smell of blood and rubber surrounding them.

Amy was shaking, gripping her seat belt and gritting her teeth. “You may now exit the vehicle,” Mark snickered. “Thank you for using Mark’s Taxi services.” Mary Jane rolled her eyes and got out of the car with the others.

“We should split up and meet back here in an hour,” Mary Jane commanded.

“Who died and made you queen,” Amy spat.

“I’m First Cadet of Team Eight,” Mary Jane hissed. “The lower the number, the stronger the team. What team are you in?”

Amy looked to the ground and mumbled, “Fifty-Seven.”

“Then I think we’re done arguing here,” Mary Jane sneered.

  “You and your man can go in one group, I’m going with my friends,” Mary Jane barked. “Come back in an hour or else we’ll assume you’re dead and leave after ten minutes.”

  They put on their shoes and stomped off, confident that they would make it through the night. “All those people in the top ten think they’re invincible,” Mark grumbled. “They’re just born lucky.”

   “Maybe we should have gone with them,” Amy whispered. “We aren’t as strong as them. We won’t make it.” Mark held her hand and told her that they will live. “Everything might not be better, but I promise to take care of you,” he mumbled. Amy blushed and gripped his hand tighter. They walked off into the campus, looking for help.

Amy never let go of Mark’s hand as they walked through the halls.

 

1