Chapter 8 – Worked Like a Charm
672 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There are 16 chapters on Patreon, and is updated weekly. This will resume updates, but on a bi-weekly schedule. Futa on Male action is not everyone's cup of tea. It will resume on Tuesdays in the future.

 

Yra quietly followed Baris as he walked out of the old citadel, but night fell quite quickly. She knew he didn't have any food, so she smiled with a thought in mind.

Yra made this plan on the fly, but she could see how soft the bunny looked. He probably didn't understand how to hunt, and looked like he ate quite well.

She ran down a deer, carried it towards the path that fluffy bunny would take, and started a camp fire. She gutted the deer, threw the intestines and stomach onto the fire, and after it burned to ashes, she started to roast some liver, and kidneys.

Yra heard some rustling in the forest for several minutes. Her eyesight was much better than a human's, so she could easily see how he wanted to come out, but didn't know if he should.

Finally, she could see him grit his teeth, and stand up in the bushes.

"Um, hello?"

Yra smiled and lifted her eyes. It worked like a charm.

 

* * *

 

"Damn, she's big." Baris said quietly. He watched from the bushes as this really large woman skewered the liver and put it over the hot coals. His stomach rumbled unpleasantly and reminded him of how hungry he was.

He looked at the meat, and at the giant woman several times before he overcame his reluctance.

"I have silver, magic, and a weapon. I should be able to protect myself. She might share if I offer to pay for the meat." Baris took a deep breath, and slowly stood up.

"Um, hello?" He said and silently growled about his introduction. When he walked out of the bushes, he realized that she actually smiled. A stray thought entered his mind.

"You saw me." He said quietly.

"For a while. Come on. Since you gathered your courage, you might as well sit down and warm yourself." She said with a smile. "You humans are quite skittish." She said, and chuckled.

"I'm not used to this place." Baris said with a slight grimace. "The tallest person I've ever met was only about two hand spans taller than myself." He looked at her carefully.

"You easily dwarf that person." He said, but respectfully. He didn't want to anger someone so large as he was sure his skill with a blade was far too low to be useful.

"Not surprising. Giantkin are naturally gifted with much larger physical bodies than humans." She said with a soft smile.

"Giantkin? Hm, forgive my ignorance. The only race I know are humans. Until today, I didn't even know magic existed." Baris sighed slightly.

"You've lived a sheltered life then." She smiled.

"I must admit that to be true. I've read of giants before. Some myths, some stories. Some giants were cruel, and others were murderous bullies who took what they wished, and killed whomever they wanted." He looked at her and watched her grow wary.

"Those do not sound like giantkin. They sound like the demons of our myths." She said quietly. "A mix of men and gods, but our goddesses hated them. They were so cruel and uncaring, our goddesses launched a war against the gods who spawned them, and their evil progeny."

"I see." He looked her over, and smiled. "To be honest, I didn't know if those myths were real. If I were to take you as an example, I would be shown how wrong I am. Not only have you allowed me to stay near your fire, you are not angry at me for my words." She smirked.

"You also do not remind me of any human I have met." She said. "They fear my kind like we are demons who will hunt them down and eat them." Baris frowned slightly.

"Demons? Is it because of the horns?" He asked.

"Not quite." She said quietly. She wondered if she should say it, and sighed. "My kind goes into a seasonal heat." She blushed, while he looked surprised.

"Heat?" He started to laugh. "Of all things to be afraid of! A tall beautiful woman who can pick me up like I'm a doll, but has to have sex? Bloody hell, the foolish things to be afraid of in this world, and it's sex!" He laughed for a few seconds, but soon his face cleared.

"You seem oddly conflicted." She said quietly.

"I am. I just woke up in an old castle, filled with dried corpses. Hundreds of them. I was chained in the dungeon. I thought humans were scary while alive as they could smile and put a knife in your ribs while they grinned." He shivered.

"Sometimes, the dead are scarier than the living."

 

* * *

 

Yra was surprised. For the first time in her life, she was able to find a human who feared his own kind more than he feared her kind.

"You are quite strange for a human. Most would ask where the closest human settlement was, and make their way there with all their might." Yra said. She watched him snort again.

"I spent all my time isolated from other people. Why would I want to spend time among them now? While I prefer to be safe while I sleep at night, I'm not sure that I can find such a place so easily." He said quietly. Yra nodded.

"True, but not all humans are like that." She frowned. "You took me by such surprise, I've forgotten to introduce myself. I am Yra, of the giantkin, of the Paeral Mountains." She bowed slightly.

"My name is Baris." He sighed and looked around. "My place of birth is far from here. A world away." He said softly. "As is my family whom I have not seen in decades. I have no where to go, and no where to call my home." Yra looked at the melancholy on his face, and realized that this might be what her sister called 'an opportunity that couldn't be missed'.

"If that is the case, you have a few options, Baris. Here on Arel, there are many races. The fairy-kin of the forest often seek humans for companionship. There are a few towns nearby that contain humans, some demi humans, and some dwarves. However, not far from here are the Paeral Mountains." She smiled warmly.

"Although no humans live among us, there is a small area at the base of the mountains where a lone human might find lodging." Yra smiled. "You never know. You might even find something to do that can earn you a living."

Yra stood up abruptly. Baris frowned.

"What's wrong?" He asked and stood up as her eyes were turned towards the forest.

"A small wolf pack. I can keep myself safe, but..." She watched him pull his sword.

"I don't have your senses, Yra, but if you can point me in their direction, I should be able to assist you." Baris said, and turned to look in the direction that she did.

"Well done, little human." She said softly.

Giants love courage, and enjoy boldness. This would prove to be an interesting night.

 

13