3-Tutorials and melee Combat!!
230 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4 is on Patreon and ko-fi so if you like this please show some surrport~ 

________________________________________________________________

"//READY FOR FIRST LIVE TESTING//"

This is actually going to happen!!! Kya~Kya~!!!

I'm so excited To pilot A REAL MECH!!!!!

"Let's not waste any more time and LAUNCH!!!"

Adrenaline kicking in at full blast the cockpit closes and my vision goes black for a moment as my perspective changes.

When I have the ability to see again my perspective is very different. The ground is much further away than before and I feel a lot more appendages on me than just my arms and legs. My processing speeds are heightened as well so I can do better calculations which is useful during combat.

*CHINK**CHINK* *KRANK**KRANK* *VROOOON-TSHHSHHHS*

The arms with cables plugged into me from the back all disconnect from me and I get my status from current readings.

*CLANK**CLANK**CLANK**CLANK**VREEEEEEEOOOOOOOOONNN*

Next, the support arms under the hardpoints unlock and uncoupled from the frame. 

The 'locking arms' connect to the security data porting information to make sure that the mech has the proper pilot and not some thief wanting to steal the mech. They still give freedom to allow the mechs to kneel down for boarding but nothing else as that would be like a gun lock that doesn't block the chamber and mag insert, It says 'safe' but the weapon inside 'locked up' can still be used and would be dangerous to anyone nearby.

*CLANK**CLANK*

With my now missive frame (pun intended) I stand up and gawk at the state that I'm in. 

I feel so much power. All of this power in a frame I think is the very definition of badass. That is significant as with most things you have to have a balance for lots of variables like with tanks. Tanks can't be both heavily armored and be highly mobile as this requires opposite armor schemes, Thick armor is heavy and cumbersome, and thin armor is easy to replace, cheaper and makes what is going to use the thin armor less bogged down by weight, allowing for fast and nimble units. Thin armor is also however not effective protection above lower thresholds of damage and can't absorb much damage.

This thing doesn't have the problem as it uses a physical and magic shield generator to create multiple layers of protection like primitive composites of layering different armor types which have their own strengths and weaknesses but when used together cover their disadvantages. 

This mech also has a shield, like medieval shields but obviously much more advanced by having the centerpiece being the only physical part and projecting high-intensity light so much that it forms crystals and then layers some smaller versions of the physical and magic shield generators built-in. 

*CLANK**CLANK**CLANK*

In the old and partially dark room, not that it means much for it to be dark because of multi-spectral cameras, the mechanical devil that will destroy corruption, crime syndicates and multiple thieving sisterhoods takes her first steps (in VR).

"WHAAAAAA"

*CLANK**CLANK**BANG*

I tripped...oops.

_____________________________________________________________________________

After a haphazard 15 minutes of weird-looking walking, I finally got used to my new body size, weight and the center of both weight and gravity. I Kicking the pace up a notch by doing some bursts of running and didn't have any problems with the increased speed. Sprinting, however...

*CLANK**BANG**BAM*

I misjudged the power of my legs at full power and got launched ending with me being in what would have been a painful position. If this was not VR I would have been buried in 30m of dirt and concrete! This again shows the power of this thing.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Another 20 minutes and I have somehow mastered sprinting, jumping and leaping.

Yes, I have the same thought. How can I have learned and mastered the controls so easily? Simple answer! 

You are thinking of HUMAN learning speeds. This is a 2 parter answer. The mind I have is robotic with human sentience so learning is easier than I was human the solution and I am hooked into something that makes 2021 smartphones look like cavemen 'writing' with stones on walls. This means that I have plenty of processing capacity for learning basic movements.

With my basic movement tutorial complete we now move on to melee weapons!!

Using the POWER OF VR *ahem* simulation featured I can go against basic enemies so when I go out into the big and scary world I won't be instantly killed and have the mech taken from me.

"//FRIST ENEMY COMBAT SCENARIO START//"

What appeared was a massive canine beast! well not really massive to me in a mech but my 16-year-old girl's body would have gone in one bite and that would be the end of that.

*grgrgrggrrrrrrrrr*

The canine growls at me as I scan it over for and clear weaknesses but come up short on my finds.

I put myself into a bracing stance with one foot diagonally back of the other and raise the shield to cover most of my front.

*ding*

[select a weapon]

The canine froze like it was on a pause button and a screen showing different kinds of weapons appears in front of me.

"huh!" I gasp out of surprise as I was not expecting that to appear now of all time.

Stopping to calm down for a sec I regain my nerves and calmly and objectively comb through the options available. It had swords, spears, knives, hammers and maces. It even had hybrid weapons which most are a novelty and have little functionality or are just plain bad but look cool like gun-swords.

NO!!NONONONO!! That is if it were a human using a proportional gun-sword but if it was a big hulking mech it wouldn't matter! 

The reason is that gun-sword are videogame gold as novel as they but gams can make them practical. The problem with them is that if you incorporate the gun barrel into the blade, It will become much more fragile if you try to use It as a sword and If you try It as a gun, the small handle will give It no balance so a gun-sword would be impractical. However, that is if you use it on the human scale, but as for mech scale. A mech sized one will have a lot more armored points to make it just as fragile so the sword part of it is fine and the gun part can easily be done as a mech will have more strength and can grasp the end of the blade to hold it steady, unlike with skin with blood and bones.

With a new perspective on weapons for a mech, I went and found something perfect for melee combat.

[Axe-Shotgun selected]

Shield in left hand and Axe-shotgun in the right hand the snarling canine stared right at me. A count-down timer starts from 10.

7

3

2

1

START!!

Putting myself into the same bracing position as before I hold my shield forward by twisting my body clockwise which puts the Axe-shotgun behind me, Hiding the weapon and gives It good leverage for a powerful swing.

*GROWL*

With the canine pouncing with a guttural cry towards me I hold my ground to wait for a counter-attack chance. 

*CLANK*

With a powerful kick into the ground, I propel myself backward as the canine was mid-air. I swang my axe around to chop the things head in half.

*MISS*

The Damned thing dodged my counter by twisting itself around in the air!

*CLANK**SCREEEEEECH*

We both land at the same time and cut our momentum in the same second. The next thing we do is pace ourselves going round and round, with subtle attempts to out position each other. The atmosphere is getting tense, the air feels thick and heavy. 

30 Seconds felt like a full hour as we stare at each other. If I could sweat I would by the buckets.

*CLANK*

I kick the ground and charge down the enemy making the attack this time and as I'm getting closer I swing my axe too early and the furry bastard easily jumps back to dodge my attack. well, not really. I did come too short for the axe to hit but It is more than just an axe.

*BANG

The in-built shotgun fires and shreds the thing to mincemeat!

The remains of the beast are splattered everywhere around until It becomes pixelated and gets deleted.

"//FRIST ENEMY COMBAT SCENARIO COMPLETED//"

*CLANK*TSH-VROOOOON**POMF*

I jump out and fall to the ground as soon as I land because I have weak knees right now from the surge of emotions such as excitement and disgust.

That was awesome!!! 

Sprawled on the ground, I take deep breaths just for the psychology as I don't need air anymore and this is VR but It helps my mind calm down.

After 5 minutes of not moving just so I could calm myself, I move onto the results from the combat data.

"//SCORE-70% combat type melee compatible//"

"//REQUESTING ANSWER AS TO THE HIGH SUCCESS FROM A NON-COMBATANT FROM A DIFFERENT WORLD//"

Is the score sus for being too high for a civilian from a world with no mechs? Probably is.

"Just because we don't have mechs for everyone to use mechs in everyday life doesn't mean that there no games about them. I'm an avid gamer."

"//CONFIRMED//"

"//REQUESTING PILOT TO RE-ENTER THE COCKPIT FOR THE REST OF THE TRAINING//"

"WAIT!! THERE'S MORE!?!?!?"

I DON'T WANT MORE TRAINING!

"//AFFIRMATIVE//"

After begrudgingly climbing back in I start the back-to-back fights that would make a person go insane.

_____________________________________________________________________________

About 50 CONTINUES fights later and I have the dead fish eyes.

Almost all enthusiasm has left and I realized this is the melee, so there is ranged to tackle after as well.

"//WELL DONE ON COMPLETING THE MELEE PART OF TRAINING//"

*CLANK*TSH-VROOOOON**POMF*

I didn't bother with trying to land normally as I was too mentally exhausted to do any fancy things like land on the feet right now

*SNORE*

_____________________________________________________________________________

"huuuuurrrmmmm" *YAWN*

First time sleeping in this world and woke up surprised at seeing boobs but remembered that I'm a girl now.

"//HOW WAS THE REST//" 

"OOOWWWW" I yelped"Quiet voice when I'm waking up please."

"//NOTED//"(volume down)

"thanks"

 

5