Raiding scrapyard
22 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Quest Evaluation:
Hmmm, while a wolf with two human-like arms seems like a tall tale, with all that's is going on it wouldn't hurt to confirm it. Also did you manage to see any traces of it having a pack? Wolf are pack animals after all. Anyways be careful going out of town for a while, if the wolf is as persistent as you described it is probably going to track you down when you enter it's territory.

Sincerely
Felicia

Reward:

  • 5 SP
  • Some bandages and a ointment.(looks like you'll need it)

Bonus:

  • 100 GP - Financial Aid Package from the Guild, no interest and deadline for payback
  • Pamphlets titled "Tourist Guide and All You Need to Know about Sky Archipelago for Otherworlders!"

'Too much' Currently, Flint was sitting on a bench along the street with his report evaluation and reward from the guild. Even the guild seems to be generous enough but the 100 gold plates loan with no strings attached is too suspicious. He had read some of the information provided by the Butterfly's library and some of them were really bugging him.

The most important was The Queen, ruler of the whole Sky Archipelago herself. She was a hidden figure with the highest authorities. She powered the Butterfly which makes them akin to familiar. A spy tool. That means Flint and otherworlders were being in the centre of attention right now because they were unknown factors, and all the higher-ups didn't usually like something they couldn't control.

'How can people trust someone who never shows her face to the public or not even question her identity. This is stupid and there is no freaking way that one person alone can supply all these Butterfly. Even if she's legit, the Butterfly is probably monitoring me right now. sigh What kind of hell I just walk into.' Flint closed the report window and scrolled through the quest board page. He found one quest that intrigued him.

Recruiting new sailors!
  • Sponsor: A Merchant Corporation
  • Location: Sky Archipelago
  • Prerequisites: N/A
  • Join an airship crew
  • Learn how to fly an airship
  • Work as a sailor
-XX- Corporation lost many airships and sailors during the Worldshift.
We need new sailors to restore our merchant navy!
Join us today and learn to fly in the skies!
Note: Reward will be paid by the -XX- Corporation.

It's not like Flint wanted to complete this quest, but the first line in the quest description gave him an idea for something. Flint changed the hologram in front of him to the map of Aerelieth and looked for a general store. He followed the map until he was in front of the old wooden building with a signboard 'Steve's goods'.

"Welcome." The shopkeeper greeted Flint as he entered the establishment.

''Good afternoon. I want 5 sacks, a waterskin and that 10-foot pole. Also, do you know where the damaged and unusable airships go?"

"What do you want those scraps? A normal person wouldn't go there, you know? It's dangerous. You might hurt yourself walking in there with a bunch of shrapnel on the ground"

"Actually, I'm not a normal person, you see." Flint gestured at the Butterfly behind his shoulder. " I want to find how much World shift has done to the transportation vessels. Oh. Is it illegal to take stuff from scrapyard?" He told a half-truth. There is no such quest to investigate the airships 'in the town'.

"Oh. You're one of the adventurers. Nah, most of the airship companies already salvage reusable parts from those junk so if you can make use of them. Feel free. The scrapyard is in the far west of the town. That will be a total of 3 sp."

Flint handed the shopkeeper the exact amount of money and left through the door. Once, Flint got outside, he broke the pole into one and a half arm length and threw them in one of the sacks. He then headed out to the location that the shopkeeper gave to him.

The reason Flint wanted to look for scraps? It's because this world seems to be in a medieval-steampunk era with supernatural elements. Magic could be used to solve most of the problems. Therefore, this world technology was not that advance compared to the world Flint come from because his world didn't have stable mana sources until the last 2 decades. They did not consume a huge amount of resources for electricity and its appliances yet so they were able to disregard old and damaged gadgets. Obviously, they took the functioning parts to be reuse but recycle was definitely not the first thing that going to came into their mind.

"Search metallic materials. Highlight Copper, Bronze, Steel, and Iron." Amidst the mountain of scarps, sparkle lights shone resembling stars in the night sky. Most of the stuff that sitting there were bent or broken frames, screws, pipes, bolts and nuts. However, Flint didn't care and just started to collect everything into separate bags as he could compress them into bars later.

'Ah... This definitely going to take a while.' 

4