Move out to Sky Harbour
18 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Reduce 'Weight'."

After collecting small pieces of metal for a while, the sun started to set and the sky darkened. Flint got himself 4 sags full of metal that probably worth several days of food and shelter if Flint managed to sell them. Apparently, someone in the Butterfly Channel said that there was another scrapyard with magic artifacts that require a license like WHS in his world. Flint planned to get the license soon but first, he needed dinner and a place to stay for a night.

But the problem was inns around the Great City of Aerelieth were overpriced because otherworlders and immigrants from World Shift. Therefore, Flint decided to camp outside the town for a night and spent his money on a bedroll, mess kit, small knife,  food, and an extra set of clothes that cost him 3 gold plates.

Before leaving the city, Flint went back to the park and filled up the waterskin from the well. After that, he left through the gate and headed into the forest. A few minutes later, he found a small open area with enough trees to block the wind during the cold night. Flint dropped his baggage next to the biggest tree and cleared away dead leaves.

"Expand, cover, and delude – Illusion field."

With a barrier to cover his presence, Flint gathered some dried woods around the place to make a campfire. He broke long twigs into smaller ones and built a log cabin fire surrounded by small rocks.

"Ignition." 

A flame was lit at the base of the campfire and slowly spread to the top. Flint placed a pot over the fire and filled it with water, chopped onions,  potatoes, meat and other vegetables. He constantly stirred and waited for the water to reduce until the stew was ready to be served. While Flint was waiting for food, he changed into the clothes that were bought for local and folded his suit inside the briefcase. He then took out 5 sticks from breaking the 10-feet pole earlier that day and started to sharpen the tip with a small knife.

After finishing the stew, Flint rinsed the pot with the remaining water, set up the bedroll and prepared to go to sleep. Suddenly, a large amount of mana gathered in the direction of the Great City of Aerelieth as soon as he turned his head towards the town, a pillar of flame burst into the night sky. Flint stood up and prepared to rush back but the magic signature disappeared in the next moment. He opened the Butterfly interface and looked for the urgent quest or emergency call but nothing came through.

"Probably some exhibit.'

He went inside the bedroll and let his mind dived into a deep slumber.


 

The next morning, as Flint walked back into the town, there was a commotion on the street. He could see a destroyed building with a giant shadow laying next to it. With a puzzled face, Flint thought that this incident may be related to the mana spike last night.

"Excuse me. What happened here?"

"What!? Where have you been sleeping? This thing is the talk of the town now! Last night, Sir Gawrgaru subjugated this giant snake when it appeared out of nowhere destroying the tailor store over there. Witnesses said that Sir Gawrgaru strikes it down with one strike!"

"Last night? Was it the cause of that pillar of fire around redlight district?"

"Yeah yeah. That's one."

"I see. I want to take a closer look." Flint moved through the crowd until the giant shadow became clear.

The shadow revealed to be a monster larger than 2 stories house. Its body was covered scales with a black and dark blue gradient from head to tail, and white spots on its belly. It was pinned to the ground with a magic chain that probably has the ability to seal the mana of the beast.

'It's quite large compared to a normal giant snake. Not to mention those slippers and horns... wait a second.' Flint rubbed his eyes and took a look a the creature again. 'Crap. This ain't a fucking giant snake you idiots. She is definitely a space serpent or some celestial species, and a young one at that. I'm not going to deal with this girl or potentially her parents.'

"Sorry." He pushed through the word trying the get away from this area. He opened the Butterfly interface and looked for the information.

'Change of plan. I have to move out. Hm... Sky Harbour looks like a good place to settle in. I guess I'll have to get the license there." Flint closed the interface and headed to the harbour for a trip to Sky Habour.

 

4