2: Troubles of Balan Island
39 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The roar reached rural areas of the large island. Villagers are alarmed and are now on edge. The nearest town had been affected by it.

Ever since the news of the transmigration reached into other islands. Every townsman had been in a daze about what would happen next. 

"Is there going to be famine?" Said the senile citizen.

"That roar earlier! What would happen to us are we just gonna die.". A disgruntled mother shouted. 

The townspeople are gathering in the square. People of all occupations had confronted the mayor's house. Even the mayor was also worried about the dilemma. He sat on an ornamental wooden chair pondering about his next actions. I hope the Guild would deal with it even further. Our food reserves are being drained due to transmigration. Our crops are not growing... What should I do? 

He had to calm the masses or it would lead to more drama. He stood up and left for his balcony. He opened the doors and saw the gathering of the townspeople waiting for the announcement of the Mayor. 

" Mr. Mayor what should we do!?". A young man spoke loudly.

The Mayor was quiet for a while. Glancing at every person looking for an answer. He opened his mouth." My fellow people of Roen it is sad to say that we are facing a harsh predicament. Our food reserves are slowly running out due to the massive infestation. But do not fret! The adventurer's guild should deal with the job.".

Silence ensued before massive protesting came after. Someone shouted harsh things to the mayor. " You've been saying this for the last few days! We know the guild deals with many more issues! Try to be competent and don't rely on the guild much!". Just by the scene at hand, many were tired of the many false promises of the Mayor. This was the situation every day after the transmigration. Luckily a servant came up to him and warned him to leave. " Mayor Sandel, I suggest leaving the Town of Roen.".

Sandel glanced at his servant and replied." You're right... If the guild can't then I can't.".

Mayor Sandel retreated to his home and it outraged more citizens. Many screamed with anger. " A Mayor with no spine!". 

"You're always relying on the guild!".

"You dealt with the infestation with no competency! Now that there is a monster nearby! How about our lives!". 

The streets were now filled with angry people. The citizens of Roen have had enough of Sandel's rule. They barged into the gates invading the home of the Mayor. 

Luckily for Sandel, he had already escaped. Heading for the City of Balam where he is in hiding. 

For the people of Roen Sandel's rule was filled with incompetence and endless promises. Before Sandel stepped in to become the Mayor of Roen. The town was stable and had a satisfactory life due to the previous Mayor's effort to help the citizens. In Sandel's case, however, He had given all of his responsibilities and passed them to the nearby guild. Never taking problems into his own hands. 

" I'll go to the edge of the island!". A young man loudly announced to protesting people. 

" I'll see where the roar came!". The protesters glared at him weirdly. The majority of them soon cackled. 

" You a young man! How can you even do it even when you have no experience!". A sailor said. 

" I can do it! I can do it to the best of my abilities!". The young man proudly said it to the crowd. All of which are were not taking him seriously.

An old woman approached him. " What's your name young one?"

" Kairo why?".

" Hmm, I see... Well, I look forward to what will you do.". She then faced the crowd. "At least the kid has more courage than all of you! We are in tough times wouldn't be better if we just solved the problem without relying on the Mayor too much?". 

" Kid you should just go!". She patted the back of Kaira and inherently ran towards his home. 

...

The island of Balan was once a prosperous region. It was filled with Flatlands suitable for farming and had grown crops of variety. Noted ones are barley, Wheat, and potatoes. The Center of Balan Island was the port city of Balan where harvests are brought to and distributed from other islands. 

It was relatively near Sky Harbor and a large part of the food dwells from this region. 

In recent years, Balan Region is facing an agricultural crisis. A disease had sprouted within the farmlands of Roen District. It affected the Balan region as a whole. It had spread rapidly that farmers are forced to burn crops that are presumed to be infected. Even when farmers dealt with the problem. The disease would come back every few seasons. 

In the end, the region of Balan had been suffering from repeated Economic Downturn that caused the Majority of the residents to leave and go to a more well-established Island. Namely, the largest island called Sky Harbor. 

....

Balam City Council

" The roar quite caused a scare, Milord.".

" Quite? The City of Balam is quiet! Almost every citizen had retreated for their homes! Either way, I have already hired the help of the adventurer guild. Luckily though some Captain had already done the job for me.".

The servant added more news. " It seems that the townspeople of Roen are on protest. Mayor Sandel had already retreated.".

".... What? Is he a fucking mayor? He can't even face his people... Alright send some troops to Roen and stabilize it.".

" We got ourselves a manhunt, aren't we. Employ the guards! He might come to Balam for refuge and increase security. Also, my servant, establish a manhunt quest to the adventurers guild maybe some ruffian would be interested in a reward.".

Back at the Lower World. Onigashira was disappointed that he wouldn't meet the ferry. 

Oh, come on! All that energy for nothing! I want to tantrum! Surprisingly he didn't. He lowered his legs and slept due to exhausting his energy

4