3. Kairo
25 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kairo stood at the edge of the island after several days of preparing he was finally able to fix his father's steam cutter. 

"If ever I get to find that monster then I would be respected!" Due to Kairo being humiliated in front of a crowd. His determination to capture the giant grew further. 

He entered his cutter and refueled his father's magic engine. 

The engine noises echoed throughout his house. He wired the helm for a smoother steering experience. 

The cutter was squeaky clean after days of restoration and management. Once Kairo finally got enough materials he headed out to the wilderness that is the Lower World.

"Let's go!"

The cutter moved through the air as it got out of its platform. Kairo had a hard time due to it being his second time running a steamboat. 

He had always fixed ut and never rode it. Even then Kairo never faltered and went down to meet the titan.

...

Onigashira sat on the forest floor. In the near distance, he looked like a rocky hill that was about collapse. He kept shaking and shaking after days of sleep. I wonder if that object would come back... I almost know everything in this forest. I want to experience new things.

Desiring more he stood up and started walking the forest. He slept below the large island for cover. Many animals had also flocked beside him for protection. 

I should go to the edge... Maybe they would come back. He slowly walked.

Looking at every side hoping he could see another new thing. The days have been boring. I have to admit my life back in my old world was exciting... The sense of fear was present everywhere and anything could kill you.

Reminiscent of his old world he yearns for excitement. 

His old world was not safe for a normal human. For a land where giant creatures roam there are a variety of ways, you could die. 

There were even some giant monsters who disguised themselves as forests and giant boars that could destroy a hill. Even worse was their rival dragon species that could fly and could kill Onigashira's kin. 

Onigashira who was once one of the too predators of his old world now desires excitement. During his time before the transmigration. He was respected and fear by his people. He could communicate with them easily and could perform social interaction.

He arrived at the edge of the island. After several days he finally saw the sun and another floating boat. 

A boat is smaller than he saw before. Flying under Balan Island covered eager to find something. 

At the sky, Kairo was observing the area whilst steering the cutter. Woah? So there is a forest under Balan? This would be worth exploring... Kairo was the descendant of a captain. His grandfather left him a steam-powered flying cutter by the name of Little Gun. 

Kairo had not used Little Gun for many years during his young life but now he had the chance. He looked at every corner of the forest searching for the giant monster. 

However, it was hard for Kairo to make an answer. The shadow of the island made it harder to navigate. I should have explored the edges first...

The deeper he goes the dimmer the forest is. He thought that there would be hostiles at any moment. I should turn on the searchlight. If ever I get to encounter the giant... 

As for Onigashira, he could easily spot the boat that had gone inside. The engine sounds made it easy for Onigashira to follow Little Gun. Kairo was being pursued by Onigashira.

Onigashira wanted to connect with the man who flies the object. His eyes knew that he saw a human. A being that he encountered 500 years ago when he deviated from his domain. 

He readied his gigantic legs as he prepares for a charge under Balan. 

He stomped his feet and finally ran inside. 

Kairo who was startled looked back. "What the!"

He heard the sounds of stomping through the area. Is the monster near? Oh my god! I should have searched outside! 

Kaira was heavily sweating and was indecisive. He did not know what to do due to his inexperience. Despite that, he was alerted and continued watching from both sides. 

He turned the searchlight from right to left. Until he saw a large shell that had moss growing on it right beside Little Gun. Fear struck the heart of Kaira and was dropped back to the floor. Oh my god! I should do something! 

However, due to immense fear, he was unable to even stand up. 

Onigashire however was able to detect Kairo. Little Gun was easily spotted due to the sound that it produced. 

In his mind, he wanted to meet the pilot of Little Gun. I may be scaring the little guy... Maybe I should communicate with him to comfort him.

Kairo who was driven with fear finally stood up and a voice that of a monster rang into his head. 

[Hello! I don't mean any harm. I just want to meet you.] Onigashira said with telekinesis. 

Kairo was surprised by Onigashira going into his mind. Nonetheless, this had calmed Kairo for a little bit but he was still fearful.

[Who are you? Are you going to eat me? Please don't! I want to live!]

[Hohoho, I won't! I just want to meet other people like you! I'm sorry if I caused any inconvenience]

Kairo slowly calmed down. The welcoming demeanor of Onigashira made it easy for him to communicate.

I don't know... Maybe this monster isn't all that bad but it did scare me a lot though... That was my first experience in front of a monster and it had to be a menacing one. Kairo was slightly comfortable with talking with Onigashira. Just like Onigashira had wanted. 

[Say... Are there any more people like you? I somehow feel that it would be easy talking with you than animals]

[There are many... Especially in Sky Harbor. But I don't know the situation in my home]

[Oh really! Then it would be a delight if you could lead me to this Sky Harbor. I wish to meet more people like you!]

I should follow this guy's requests or I would get smashed to pieces!

[O-okay then I will lead you]

From then on Kairo and Onigashira would walk together as they head to Sky Harbor.

2