Ch. 6: The Queen
1.6k 10 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This chapter was pretty much written in its entirety several months ago, though I am only now releasing it with some minor adjustments.
I'm not sure when/if I'll be getting back into the swing of things, we'll just have to see how it goes.

The carriage was quickly making its way to the capital due to the well paved road ahead of them and the four horses that had been bred and raised for extended travel. Around it was a large accompaniment of guards riding similarly powerful steeds.

Ash thought that the carriage being designed to suit "her" tastes was quite nice, but even more appreciated was the feast that had been put in front of her. Two of these party members that were all from the same royal family were already under her heel, and as soon as they switched watch, the souls of the others were forfeit.

The sisters Malin and Siles were already having a lively conversation as they "usually" would have, of course with the caveat being that neither were actually in control of their actions. Eventually, they finished, and the two of them convinced Rowhard and Zeta to rest for the following morning. 

When both had fallen asleep, Ash used [Soul Dominion], instantly consuming their souls and replacing them with obedient sleuth as she had done to Siles. Cecilia, the guard captain was unable to take notice and continued driving the carriage.

[New Soul Skills]
Wide Guard (Lv. 4), Invisibility (Lv. 2)

[Improved Soul Skills]
Utility Magic (Lv. 4) -> (Lv. 5)
Weapon Use (Lv. 5) -> (Lv. 7)

Suddenly, the carriage was stopped. Ash could already tell what was going on, the people hidden in the trees were going to attack them and the guards on the ground would beat them to show their competency. As the guards made short work of the "attackers", she got up and while the guards around her were acting stoic, they were quite curious about what she was doing.

Ash inspected the personnel on the ground, seems they were all just well-trained human guards, no unique races or talent. Getting back on the carriage, they continued. 

/

It was morning and all four of Ash's "personal guards" were awake and lively. They made it to the gate of the capital and were let in without any issues. She looked out of the stained glass windows installed on the carriage and what greeted her was a bustling city, littered with shops and houses.

She was curious about the libraries and artifact shops, but the slave houses seemed to be quite popular as well. Ash decided to ignore them for now though, as the carriage was making its way to the tower at the center of town.

/

When the carriage reached the tower's entrance, she dismounted and was then greeted happily by two beautiful maids and prompted inside. Only the head guard was allowed inside with her. She quickly took over Cecilia's soul, as well as the maids'.

[New Soul Skills]
Sway the Masses (Lv. 6), Soul Seal (Lv. Max), Skill Comprehension (Lv. 2) 
[Improved Soul Skills]
Weapon Use (Lv. 7) -> (Lv. 10)
Mental Mastery (Lv. 3) -> (Lv. 4)
Utility Magic (Lv. 5) -> (Lv. 7)

[Weapon Use (Lv. 10) has evolved into Greater Weapon Use (Lv. 1)]
 
'Soul Seal? System, analyze skill.'

[Analyzing Skill]

-
Soul Seal   
Contract Skill
Conditions: 
Contractee - Ann Swerth: Pledge complete and total loyalty to contractor for the rest of her life.
Contractor - Charlotte Abetus Everborn III: Never make contractee directly kill friend or family.
-

Seems one of the maids wasn't exactly there by choice. Wasn't her problem, Ash thought. Curious though, Charlotte Abetus Everborn is most likely the ruler of the kingdom, but Everborn wasn't in her name from what she knew from the previous Eterashula's memories.

Walking up the stairs, Ash viewed the walls of the building. They were very well built and lined with many pieces of art fitting for the ruler of a kingdom.

Once they reached the top, there was a wide door that appeared to be made with darksteel lined with gold. Two guards in front of it opened the door once they saw the guest and made way. 

The throne room displayed the full power of the kingdom they were in. On it lined pictures of the dozens of previous female rulers the kingdom had, all of which ruled greatly and wisely from all anyone knew. A kingdom having lived as long as Abetus with so many young rulers having taken the throne was unheard of, and it all culminated here.

In front of Ash was a small girl dressed in simple but elegant attire usual for a kingdom's young queen but behind her innocent exterior was something more. She exuded absolute confidence and wisdom very much unfit for someone of her supposed age. A few other guards surrounded her.

Cecilia spoke, "I have returned, your majesty. We brought the Mistress of Crimson Rain with us successfully."

She replied, "Good, good, she will be a most valuable asset to our cause. Good work, Cecilia, now I would like to speak with this one in private."

Cecilia and the other guards went, leaving Ash alone with the queen.

21