Chapter 269: Rushing Fangs
360 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He caught the gigantic sword between his palms.

“And here is the medicine man, so weak, so fragile, or he likes to tell himself, and yet he could catch my sword! Lanon! I finally found you!”

Amadan wasn’t having it. He twisted the gigantic sword and twirled her while still talking. Around him, he heard the sound of strings being pulled. He started to a sprint, and run up the tree and climbed like a madman.

Arrows flew to his direction. He swung around the tree by plunging his hand on the tree bark, avoiding the arrows, and the magic spells. It came to Amadan that his instincts roared. It was a primal feeling. He saw the leaves. The hooded figures hiding in the shadows. He saw Fez riding to the sky. He saw an arrow coming to his cheek. He saw Zula charging in his direction. He heard the crunching of the leaves. The metal piercing the air. The teeth that were gritted and the sound of wings flapping.

Zula slashes overhead. Amadan swung on a branch, twisted his body sideways, and landed a lick on her gigantic sword. She blocked the attack, found her footing on the side of the tree, and gestured a hand signal. Amadan sprinted to the side, dragging his hands on the tree, clawing and carving the tree, allowing him to find a foothold and leaped into action. He ascended up the forests and used the leaves as cover while arrows flew. The magic arrows, he had used to use the branches to block the path.

Zula was still on a rampage, her gigantic sword cleaving her way to him. Amadan suddenly dropped down, swinging, and drop-kicking her on the side. She flew a good distance and got herself planted on a tree. There were many of them, and knowing that he was outnumbered and unarmed. Amadan followed the leafy trail and made his way through the jungle while keeping his movement stale and undetectable.

The noises they were making were little. Amadan saw a spell that flew to the sky, producing a signal of some sort. Knowing that they had air mounts, Amadan came to a stop, hid on the spot, and waited for prey. They were grouped into three, and there were spots that he could hide, he took the pounce, and punch with enough to knock them out. He was patient and by the time he had done four groups. The life-detecting spell found him. He did in the fifth group, and grabbed one of them in the collar, throwing the person at Zula who was about to split him in half. Zula barely was able to stop, and redirected her attack on a tree, cleaving the tree, and cutting it down.

“Found you!”

Zula came in like a storm. Amadan found an even footing and dodged her wide swings. She was swinging her sword with enough finesse and mastery. If it wasn’t for the memories that came sprouting inside him. He would be split into two.

Of course, her swings were not reckless, she would make a feint, and all Amadan could do was block a blow by dragging his arm on the flat of the gigantic sword. Amadan saw that arrows were homing him at him. To avoid this, he weaved around Zula, making the arrows hesitate while making sure that no one would hit him. He rolled his upper torso and did two steps for a straight job. Magic circles came out above her head and spears of light came piercing the ground he was standing.

Amadan fought her by parrying. Although he had the strength and the flexibility to avoid her attacks. She had the stamina of a raging beast. Every blow from her sword was enough to numb Amadan’s arms. Knowing this, he went for a quick takedown and threw her so hard in the ground. With her down for a second, Amadan was able to sprint away, avoiding the arrows, the comrades of Zula, who were readying their blades were disarmed by him. With a blade in his hand, he fought the enemies while making sure that they weren’t murdered by him.

Amadan found himself using the sword to parry and counter-attack. Zula swung. He avoided. Zula pulled her sword back and tried to sweep Amadan’s kegs. Amadan jumped to avoid, used the gigantic sword as footing.

“Don’t you run from me!”

Amadan kept his silence. He saw Zula cut down a path and rushed towards him. Brandishing the sword, he pulled his blade inward, and suddenly thrust it forward with one stroke. Amadan could tell her hate against him. Still, he wasn’t willing to be beaten, and so he caught Zula’s sword again, stole the sword from her grasp and planted it hard on the ground with a throw that buried the sword on the ground.

“Amadan! Do you really think I won’t find you!? You will pay you bastard!”

“Look, I apologize, but can you leave me alone? I know that I did you wrong.” He said while avoiding her dagger strokes. The rest of her men were unable to shoot. The mounts from above were unable to take a glance with the leaves blocking their way. Engaging her in hand-to-hand combat. Amadan came in, pulled her closer, and whirled her away. Zula landed on the side of a tree, and leaped at him again, this time, she advanced her iron skin and had enough weight and speed to crush his bones.

Still, he ducked, and rolled to the side, avoiding her strike. Settling down on top of a tree branch, Amadan avoided her furious blows enchanted by iron-skin. Amadan’s arms were hurting just parrying away the swing of this woman.

He swung around like the monkeys and made sure to prevent her from getting her gigantic sword. Amadan was looking for a chance, and when he found this chance, he landed on an even floor, and when he did, he pulled his fist back, twisted his body and rushed in when least expected.

With her face in front of him, Amadan didn’t hesitate, he pulled his fist back, twisted his body, and gave Zula a right hook on the face.

9