Chapter 6: O Bringer of Death
162 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I changed the title of "The Great Exodus" to "Echelon of the Owls"

 
“What can I say, they look ridiculous. Look at that one, they’re posing while casting, hahaha...”
 
“You do that sometimes, too...” Sirius muttered under his breath.
 
Underneath the cliff where Sirius and Alice are currently standing, there’s a huge fight sparking between the group of four humans and a large dragon with a size comparable to a 4 story building. Furthermore, by looking at things, the fight between the dragon and the group of humans was one-sided, as the reptilian dragon dominated them by a large margin.
 
A large muscular guy was in front of the group holding an enormous shield, which’s roughly big enough for 3 people to be behind it. Although it may seem it can protect them from the devastating dark-green flames that were producing out of the dragon’s mouth, it was not enough to withstand the fiery flame as the guy was having a hard time keeping his two feet intact to the ground as he's staggeringly receding because of devastating flame, producing from the dragon's mouth. Simultaneously casting barrier magic behind for his comrades who were shaking in fear.
 
“P-Princess...”
 
“I-I’ll do something about it...”
 
Blonde, short hair double braided to reveal a long, charming face with her frightened gray eyes, wearing a full-set of medieval white armor plate, holding a long broken broad sword. Her voice was trembling in fear, perhaps due to the fact of their disadvantageous situation where they’re practically trapped in a situation where only death awaits them.
 
However, she stood on her ground, gripping her broken sword as well as her will to fight. At that very moment, no matter how much tried to muster any courage inside her, she seems to be unwilling or unable to do so—She was overtaken by fear, not only her—Right behind the blonde female knight, a male and a female cloaked figure were lying on the ground with their knees trembling to the extent that both of them have wet stains in between their legs.
 
“I-I’m dead!” the female said, covering her face while crying.
 
“...” the male’s mouth was kept shut shaking, as he was overtaken by fear.
 
In the meantime, watching their miserable state down below, Sirius’ expression darkened the same could be said with Alice. Both of them are watching all these things that transpiring below them from up above with a clear view regardless of the deepness and darkness across them.
 
Witnessing all of these transpire right before them is unbearing because the title of a magician grants access to otherworldly mysteries, which bears them the responsibility of protecting those who are powerless. The people who protect mankind behind the scene, in the darkness, lurking in the shadow—The Guardian of Mankind.
 
The dire situation of the group made Alice bite her lips in frustration. Alice started thinking about single-handedly fighting the monster with her own hands. But because of the uncertainty of the following unprecedented outcome, that can lead to them both into a situation where death awaits them because of how little information they have about the place or the world around them. Negligence of one's action could endanger both of them.
 
For that reason, being perceptive and vigilant is a must, regardless of whether someone in front of them is in danger. It’s not only about saving someone, it’s about how saving someone’s life could end theirs too.
 
Meanwhile down below, the dragon stopped attacking them with fire but instead resorted to another type of attack. Unaware of the upcoming attack that awaits them, the large muscular guy’s heart started throbbing aggressively then he peeked to the side of his shield, what beholds him was the tail of the dragon lunging the barrier that protects all of them, shattering it like glass. Following that, a tentacle sharp enough to pierce into his armor until it penetrated to his inside flesh which ended up him coughing blood.
 
"Arggh—Ugh!"
 
Furthermore, he was tossed a few feet away to the wall from the momentum of the tentacle, creating a massive hole in the wall. He flopped to the ground like a ragdoll, battered up and beaten, blood started gushing out of its enormous hole wound on his body.
 
The blonde knight and her mages were taken back by fear, as they all watch this transpired in a blink of an eye. At that moment, all of them accepted the death that awaits them—The only person whom they can rely on was gone.
 
Thereafter, an ear-piercing thunderous screech came from the dragon, along with its mana bursting out of its body. Alarming Sirius and Alice, not only the situation was dire, but it became a catastrophe. After witnessing all of it, Sirius gritted his teeth and said.
 
“Alice, I’m going in. Please assist me from up here.”
 
“Okay.”
 
Sirius jumped off to a deep, dark hollow hole, as what awaits him was a situation where there's no turning back. His hand holds the scabbard while the other one is on the sword handle. He started reciting these words while falling. “Exalted spirit, the beacon of heaven, o bringer of light that shines in thine night. Conjured by the goddess blade, grant my will by magic rite. Strengthen my blade.”
 
[Weapon Arts: Tsukuyomi.]
 
Sirius landed the surface on his feet, which created a powerful sound of ground-splitting crack on the surface of where the group of humans and the dragon are currently standing. Therefore, it instantaneously garnered attention from them. The human group gazed upon Sirius with terrified faces, while the dragon shifted its gaze toward him. It became wary of the mysterious man emitting a dangerous aura around him.
 
Meanwhile, up above, Alice had her Barrett rifle aiming down on the surface, specifically aiming at the head slithery head of the dragon. With her relaxed fingers waiting patiently, Alice’s main objective is to give Sirius support from up above.
 
Upon landing on the surface, Sirius sharply gazed at the dragon. Correspondingly, the dragon got alarmed by him and attacked him with breathing fire coming out of its mouth, with the tentacle-like whips following it. However, before it could even reach Sirius, a thunderous beam came up above, destroying the tentacles. As for the fire, Sirius stepped to the side, dodging it, but the dragon followed it by turning its head.
 
Sirius was running at a leisurely phase. Amidst that, he unsheathed the katana out of his scabbard, revealing a bloody crimson blade with mysterious white hieroglyphs embedded in it. Afterward, Sirius stomped his feet on the ground, disappearing completely from one’s naked eye.
 
Then a glimpse of a streak of scarlet light appeared, approaching the dragon at an incredible speed, which made the human group shudder in fear and started crawling back. Trying to run away from the upcoming fight of the dragon and the mysterious humanoid figure that appeared before their very eyes.
 
Following that, the dragon stopped its attack and attacked Sirius head-on with its tentacle, but whenever it’s getting closer, the tentacles are getting blown off by the beam of light coming from the sky above. Leaving Sirius unharmed, which gave him the advantage that he needed. Sirius then disappeared once again, appearing below the dragon. He then swung his sword upward.
 
[Twilight Style: Eclipse.]
 
But upon touching the hard scale skin of it, an earsplitting of a metallic sound resonated throughout the cave, however, noticing he wasn’t able to cut nor even left a mark. Sirius’ eyes widen, rattled by the unexpected outcome.
 
Subsequently, the dragon noticed the presence below it. It screeched, alerting Sirius which to his surprise the tail of the dragon started darting towards him. He immediately noticed the upcoming tail heading his way approaching at an alarming speed then one of the hieroglyphs engraved on the swords illuminated.
 
[Lunar Manipulation: Shadow Domain.]
 
Making Sirius descend to the ground, or to be exact, he disappeared to his shadow, completely avoiding the tail. A few yards away from the dragon, three human figures were to be seen watching all the fight transpire since their legs gave up from fear. Suddenly, the mysterious figure who was fighting the dragon disappeared. Bewildered by what they’re seeing, especially the blonde woman knight who’s dumbfounded by the turn of events.
 
“W-What’s happening...?”
 
“Seriously? You guys are fighting that monster? I don’t what kind of guts you guys have, to fight that abomination.”
 
Out of nowhere, a voice of a male person resonated through their ears. Afterward, the mysterious figure earlier who disappeared earlier started ascending in front of them from their own shadows. Surprised by his sudden appearance, all of them stood still on the ground, frozen. Sirius had his back facing them, as his eyes are only focused on the monster in front of him.
 
“What a troubles—”
 
But before Sirius could even finish his sentence, a thunderous crimson lightning beam from the sky striking the dragon down which resulted in the dragon wailing in pain. Sirius noticed a strange phenomenon occurring to the dragon, mana particles around the dragon are scattering abnormally.
 
Sirius shoved the katana to the ground. He then removed his gloves out of his right hand. With a snap of his two fingers, seven massive layers of magic circle manifested from thin air. Behind him, the two mages who are prominent on the field of magic were dumbfounded upon seeing the person in front of them snapped his finger, and then in an instant magic circle manifested in front of him without any incantation. What’s more, the letters or symbols written around the magic circles are completely unknown, they have never seen a magic circle like this.
 
‘Let me try this. I don’t know if it’ll work, but seeing that magic spell works on that bastard. This should do the job.’ Sirius thought to himself.
 
Divination, abjuration, conjuration, enchantment, evocation, transmutation, and malediction, the different types of spellcraft with each have their own purposes.
 
Divination, the spellcraft that grants the power of the light that purges the evil from this world, judging by its name it’s obvious this was used by priests as this spellcraft is directly connected to what they call one true god—The all-knowing magic.
 
Malediction, the complete opposite of Divination as its power is to bring chaos or destruction to the world or essentially curses, is the spellcraft mostly commonly used by witches.
 
Conjuration or Summoning magic, the spellcraft that grants the right to the summoning or the invoking of spirits and deities from the celestial plane that only exists beyond the universe, or transcendental line dimension that exists between space-time and reality.
 
Abjuration, the spellcraft that denies the existence of magic altogether.
 
Evocation, the common spellcraft as this is the one responsible for creating substances or matters.
 
Enchantment or Augmentation magic is a type of spellcraft that processes a significant increase or add, usually often used in weaponry like Alice’s weapon rifle, but its usage doesn’t stop at weaponry as it can increase one’s spellcraft.
 
Transmutation, changing the state of one’s matter or altering them.
 
All of these are the very foundation of spellcraft magic, as they’re the root of possibilities in the vast world of magic. Spellcraft or Magic craft, countless possibilities can be created by using these, as for how a magician uses them are like mathematics. Like mathematics, magic theories are all centralized on what it’s called ‘Algorithms’, a process or set of instructions that need to be followed accordingly, or a series of sequences.
 
With Sirius’ eyes fixated on the dragon, he started reciting his incantations. “I strike at thee, these lances, smitten, battered, beaten, torn, thy shall seal your fate. I curse you now, grief shall be born.”
 
Two magic circles vanished, but within the magic circle left hovering in front of Sirius, a cacophonous gigantic jet-black steel-tipped lance materialized, distorting the space surrounding it. Behind it, three people trembling insight as the strong malice coming from the lance, watching it materialized before their very eyes. One thought surfaced on their minds, an incarnation of death himself was in the presence of the black figure person standing right before them.
 
“Perish.”
 
[Mephisto Hex Lance]
 
From that moment, a deafening chaotic sound reverberated, coming from the jet-black lance lunging in the direction of the wailing dragon. Traveling at an ultrasonic speed, that the dragon only noticed the incoming lance after it was close enough for the lance to pierce to its chest, penetrating the solid scale piercing through its flesh. This resulted in the dragon rampaging, its mouth started exhaling fire everywhere while its tentacles started going mayhem around and maneuvering around the area, wreaking havoc everywhere.
 
For that reason, Sirius turned his body around, opened his palm, and chanted. “Bestow protection on thyself, protect thee, abide my calling.”
 
[Golden Aegis]
 
Underneath the three humans trembling in fear, a golden magic circle manifested under them and constructed a golden dome with numerous sigils hovering around it. The look on their faces is indescribable as they’re dumbfounded by the sudden development.
 
Afterward, Sirius promptly grabbed his katana then stomped his feet heading towards the direction of the rampaging dragon while evading and slicing the tentacles into bits of pieces. Amidst that, a meteor shower started befalling from the sky, turning the tentacles into dust. The dragon protected itself by hiding spreading its wings from the heavy attacks coming from above while wailing in pain as a dark lance that’s stuck on its chest was spreading some sort of dark malice throughout its body.
 
Unaware of what’s coming, a shadowy figure is accelerating toward its position with crimson streaking light following it, holding a scarlet blade katana. While running, Sirius gripped its handle tightly, then vanished. In an instant, one of its wings got sliced off, losing its sense of balance falling to the ground.
 
But before it could defend itself, a blue ray of light came from the sky, destroying one of its limbs that’s supporting its whole body. Completely incarcerating the dragon from fighting back, as it loses all its tentacles, wing, and one of its legs. Afterward, a masked man was standing above the dragon, holding its scarlet katana. Sirius swung his sword horizontally, to which he flawlessly sliced the long neck of the dragon, shutting its life completely.
 
11