Chapter 24
96 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ryo looked through Sif's offers and thought for a long time. Each building was built in a similar architectural style. So given the circumstances, Ryo focused more on size and location. Ryo took his time and knew that he was going to earn enough for everyone in the near future, immediately put aside offers of less than 2,000 gold coins.

Then he put down a few more and there was an offer of 3 for 2,500, 4 for 4,000 and the last for 5,000. The last two are in the city center, and the peirwsza are near it. However, once Ryo looked at the plans, bid 3 and 7 were dropped out. The first one, because the area was the smallest of all. And the last one, because the building, despite its cleanliness and practically new condition. It was divided into shops and apartments. And there was no place for studios. So, the fourth option for 4,000 gold coins remained.

https://pl.pinterest.com/pin/10977592828562343/ 

The amount of 4,000 gold coins seems really big for a building. However, given that Ryo is not currently in the capital. Where the downtown building exceeds the six figure, that's the building Ryo wants to buy. It's really cheap. Although the fact that the city is on the border with the country of elves. So if a war breaks out, the city goes to the first fire. And the fact that the city is literally ruled by the elves, and even Ryo hasn't seen a shop or tavern that isn't owned by an elf. That's the price that Ryo got is really low.

As for the building itself, it is really medium-sized. It has many more rooms than the rest.

The right building used to be a blacksmith's workshop and the whole room still has a few things that the previous owner forgot to take. And generally, in the right wing we have a large room for development with a warehouse located above the studio. The left wing has one additional floor, an attic and stairs leading to the astronomical tower. The first floor was a shop with shelves and a large stone counter, as well as a back room and a large warehouse for goods. On the first floor there is a kitchen, a built-in bathroom and two bedrooms. The attic is empty and extends the width of the left wing. The Astronomy Tower is just a lot of stairs and a vantage point to watch the city and the stars.

https://pl.pinterest.com/pin/768004542713199124/  (First floor)

https://pl.pinterest.com/pin/768004542713199211

(2 floor)

Ryo made the selected offer and waited for Sif's decisions.

(Sif)-Got it ... 4,000 gold coins. That's a lot....hmmm...

(Ryo)-Since for one unit of my elixir, the guild offers me 400 gold for one bottle. Hehe ... Sif ... It's enough to consider 10 of them true ... Haha ....

(Ryo)-,, Apart from the fact that I need 2 to 3 hours for 4 vials .... Hahaha ... One day of work and I have my own house ... Come on ... But I will have to go hunting, I have ingredients for one more portion."-think Ryo

(Sif)-You're right ... You will be a really rich man in this mr. Ryotaro.

(Ryo)-Sif ... Remember ... I'll never forget you ... And if you get fired ... I can always hire you ... hehe ...

(Sif)-Very kind of you, but I feel good here. Maybe we'll go to the exam area, it will start in a moment. And then, deal with the potions sale ... if you want to sell the Guild a dozen more. But now let's take an exam.

 

After a few minutes, Sif led Ryo to the locker room where the other test takers are waiting. And then she led Ghis to the stands to take her seat.

As Sif and Ghis disappeared from Ryo's sight. He walked into ... the cloakroom ... In which, apart from him, there were about 30 people. Including a lot of elves, a few people, much more half human and one half troll ... Strange dude ... But after seeing Ryo, they all shook themselves as if Ryo had some kind of virus. And there was a slight fear on their faces. this may have to do with Ryo watching the Ogre's heart, he return from the hunt.

However, one elf standing by the double doors is dressed in classic guild clothes. She stood and checked the list, then looked at the participants. When another elf came up to her and whispered a few words in her ear. Then she left.

An elf woman holding a letter after her friend has left. She looked immediately at Ryo, eyes wide. And she said.

(she-elf)-In view of the presence of a representative of the Mages Guild Madam Chloe. The order will be changed so when I say the name the person will walk through the door.

Ryo waits several minutes for the elf to get the signal and speak.

(she-elf)-Mr. Ryotaro Zangetsu...you begins.

Ryo sighed and stepped in through the double doors. And his eyes appeared in the Roman style arena. A large circular empty field and stands around it, with one pulpit where Ryo can see Chloe and two male elves. Who are currently sitting and looking at Mrs. Chloe. Who smiled for a moment and then said.

(Chloe)-Mr.Zangetsu...First of all, welcome to the rank exam. We'll start with five questions before moving on to the practical part. Are you ready.

(ryo)-Yes..

(Chloe)-Good...First question ... How do I kill the Desert Ogre?

(Ryo)-When is there one or more?

(Chloe)-One. Mr. Zangetsu.

(Ryo)-It's actually a difficult question ... It depends on my mood. The basic tactic is to cut off his legs, preferably by puncturing his knees or just cutting them. Ogres have a strong circulatory system in their legs, so if you cut off the legs. That stream of blood is really gonna be huge ... Hehe ... And he'll bleed out quickly, even without being beaten. However, if we do not want to wait. We are just decapitating, coming from the other side. Because Ogre is unable to change position because of his physique.

(Ryo)-Another way is to use "Fire Void" .... I would just create a fiery tornado or walls .... if you like. And fairly quickly the fire would burn all the oxygen inside the structure where the Ogre is located. And even if Ogre tried to get out of the tray before he runs out of oxygen Until because of the lack of magic attacks, he would grind to dust sooner. Than break through the walls of fire and wind. which I would like to carve for my potions, which I will sell soon.- he said and waved at the audience. Who really was quiet and there was a slight fright on their faces. Because of Ryo's expression which wasn't normal.

(Chloe)-These are really peculiar methods ...

(Ryo)-Madam....hehe...I am a magician ... and I admit I am a sadist. However, when I fight, I risk my life. And I will not use ... humane methods. Just to be like everyone else. Let me put it this way ... An effective tactic is the best tactic.

And over the next four questions, Ryo outlined the different methods he would use when fighting monsters. In certain environments, although most of Ryo's tactics can be used in almost any environment.

And after answering the last question, the two judges standing next to Ryo. Who previously viewed Ryo as merely a potion maker with a questionable history. They began to look at him with a slight fear, but remained professional.

Then the one on the left of Chloe. A dark elf with long white hair and a strange scar on his face. Dressed in black leather armor, he stood up and said.

https://pl.pinterest.com/pin/626915210616607648/

(Victor)-My name is Vicor Darkclaw and as you know I am the Leader of the Adventurers' Guild in Eleroth. And now that we know some of your methods ... at least in theory ... we will check your basic aspects. Like physical strength and magical strength ... According to Guild records, you are a mage who specializes in manipulating mana to any effect. This is quite peculiar, so let's shorten it to the Mana Mage. It will be the easiest way. I know from my employees that although you can use any element, you are limited to fire and wind. Until you win ... as you call it ... just a championship. The Guild respects this approach.

(Victor)-It only shows us that you are composed and aware of your skills ... despite your ... behavior ... So we will ask you to perform four spells, two from fire and two from wind. One is to be offensive, the other defensive or support. You understand, Mr. Zangetsu. Of course I will assist you, and if you tell me I would shoot you with a bow or use some particular spell. Or we would give you a specific item or something similar, please.

Victor then jumped off the balcony and landed in front of Ryo in an effective fashion. And in the background you could hear the screams of women who finally woke up from their trance.

(Ryo)-Then maybe let's start with the fire.

(Victor)-Good. What you need?

(Ryo)-I do not know. Either you can try accepting my attack or we can use some block of stone or something similar. But if you could, I'd rather it be something alive ... not for my sadistic pleasure ... as you thought. But as an adventurer, he adapts to the enemy ... who most often threatens me.

Victor laughed and came out of his holster with a long black katana. And with a smile on his face he said.

(Victor)-I'm starting to like you ... kid ... Hehe .... Offense or Defensive.

(Ryo)-Let it be that I start with an attack ... You're a swordsman, so let's say you start with a level 400 Demon Swordsman ... I guess I guessed your level right ...

(Victor)-I don't know if I should be offended ... But yes ... I'm level 450. They have a nice level measuring device in the capital. But never mind ... If you attack a Swordsman with much faster mobility than you ... who, let's say, can't see you yet...hahaha...

(Ryo)-Simple .... "Fiery games of blades".

(Victor)-Strange name ...

(Ryo)-But how fitting.

Then Ryo started concentrating. As more and more flying saws made of fire began to appear around him. The saws whirled and hit Victor from all sides. And each saw gave off an enormous amount of heat. And with each bounce, Vicor's sword warmed up. And it became more and more difficult for him to defend himself. Especially when Ryo was constantly making new saws.

Ryo was really fascinated by the level of mastery of the Vicotr sword ... Ryo has already created 40 saws, which turned out to be a maximum. And Victor was still fighting and with Ryo controlling all the saws. After a few minutes, he noticed that the number of drinks began to decline. And Victor, all covered in sweat with a few forged wounds. But with each passing moment the number of drinks was falling and falling. Until it was rare.

And once Victor was done with a few stab wounds. He was walking towards Ryo, smiling and laughing.

(Victor)-Kid...Kid...It was amazing ... that in 20 years I didn't feel like this ... And it's the lack of incantation ... But maybe if you used it on a monster, such a tactic could work. Maybe not on the Demon Swordsman ... It's a cursed creature, after all, with intelligence equal to humans ... But still the rank of SS ... among monsters ... So such tactics would work on monsters S and A for sure ... Hoho. ..You will be a fighter ... Kid ... Okay now Defensive or Offensive, for the second fire spell.

Ryo really liked the dark elf ... And he was glad he was legally subordinate to him ... And not the scary lady ... Chloe ... Even though she's pretty ... she gives him the goosebumps ... And his senses scream: Be careful !! ... Then better no. But Victor is cool.

(Ryo)-For the second spell, I choose the support class. We don't always have time to drink one of my potions ... So if I'm injured in a fight and let's say I'm wounded ... he'll use "Phoenix Healing" ... He will demonstrate.

(Ryo)-Vicor, cut my chest, let's say shallow, as if I had barely escaped the attack. But he was hurt anyway.

(Victor)-Kid...Are you sure?

(Ryo)-Victor ... Ask Sif if a light cut is that bad. Like the way I showed her the effect of my elixir.

(Victor)-So you made my sister scream that ... at the entire Guild?

(Ryo)-It is your sister?

(Victor)-Yes...And apparently you are her only client ...

(Ryo)-What do you do? ... I'm special ... And I cause a lot of problems ... Hehehe ... But I'll make it up to her ... maybe a date ...

Chlassshhhh!!!

As Ryo said the last word, Victor wanted to test his reflexes. And for the fact that he didn't like the last sentence. He made a cut on the chest. Luckily, Ryo barely escaped, but his armor was cut across his chest. And she began to rinse out blood. So as Ryo pulled down the top of his armor, he said.

(Ryo)-I wanted to take off the upper armor. You know?

(Victor)-Sorry, Kid....But I wanted to check your reaction time ... Pretty good ... I'd have trouble killing you with one hit ... that's a compliment.

(Victor)-Thanks ... I guess. Now watch.

Ryo doesn't want to show that he can heal right away ... so he just slowed down what made his wound burn. And it looks as if the whole cut is on fire. But it didn't hurt Ryo.

(Ryo)-Treatment will continue for a few more minutes. But I can fight now, and it's like there's no wound. Although the material will burn if it is not fireproof.

(Victor)-It's a really practical spell ... How did you come up with it ... wait ... Phoenix ... The fact is burning ... You just found that Phoenix's Tears heal and fire gives them a resurrection ... I understand. Now the wind ... right ...

(Ryo)-Yes ... But can I show one spell ... Defensive offensive ... I'll just use it twice ... but in a different capacity.

(Victor)-Okey...Will you attack me again?

(Ryo)-No...Sorry..It's too dangerous. And he has no control over the weakening aspect of the spell. And this is really hard to avoid ... unless under water ...So you can throw a boulder at me. The hardest you can have, it might even be a large chunk of metal ... I don't know ... He'll use the "Murderous Wind" spell.

(Victor)-Okay ... So Defensive ... That at least is a cool name ... Okay, she'll use magic on you and shoot a spike of metal. Defend yourself.

Victor then walked away from Ryo for several meters and began chanting.

(Victor)-Steel in my blood ... Hear my call ... And become my weapon ... missile ... Strength ... And destroy my enemies ... Ares' steel mob ... Steel Arrowhead !!

Then a steel spike was heading towards Ryo and it was racing towards Ryo's head with great speed. Ryo quickly concentrated and made a dome made of wind around himself. Which was getting faster and faster at a cosmic pace. And as the Steel Arrow touched the windy dome, even though it was exerting pressure. After a while, successive parts of the Grotto turned to dust. Until the whole thing was gone.

(Victor)-Really impressive ... I think there are very few magicians who can stop this .... Kid ... Really good ... Now the offensive ... Hahaa ... What do you need?

(Ryo)-Just create lump of Steel.

After a while, Victor created a large lump of steel. Which moment later Ryo picked up with the help of the wind. And he surrounded the chunks with a choking wind. creating a wind-dome seen by the human eye. Which was shrinking and literally pulverizing lumps in front of everyone. And it can be done in a dozen or so seconds.

(Victor)-Wow...I know there are immunity factors and stuff like that .... But it makes an impression ... hehe ... Okay ... That's it for me ... Maybe I'll visit you tomorrow ... But now I'm coming back, next to these two terrible women .

After the two women looked askance at Vicotr, who smiled cheekily at them. Chloe got up and said.

(Chloe)-It is time for the final stage, the exam.

 

4