133: Final Boss Blackout
30 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Okay! Those are the chapters for the week! Thank you to everyone whose been reading my work and supporting me! See you, folks, next week!

A massive deluge of nothingness swallowed all the sound within a huge slice of the cosmos. Planets, moons, and stars vanished. Entire galaxies were washed away. Nothing was left. Nothing was spared. All was erased in the ever-growing, ever-intensifying waves of nothingness. The final victim of this great erasure was a spirit-king made of music and noise. A being made of near-infinite music, and holy howling, and angelic cacophony, cried out in pain and fear as everything that made the being what it was, was systematically stripped away.

As the storm of nothingness tore apart countless universes and multiverses, and killed the mightiest members of the great orchestra, an army of darkness, angels, gods, demons, fae, spirits, and machines, rushed forwards and tore apart the weaker members of the group. Mighty eidola tore their way from the void, backed by armies of transcendental mortals, and true-dragons, and killed the captain-conductors who’d managed to survive the great wave of erasure.

An army of immortal ant-people and fadelings, armed with star-cluster-sized machines of war, cleared away all the debris, and killed all the enemy wounded. Tearing apart the myriad musical spirits, gods, and devils that had only been half-drown by the nothingness. Doing all that was needed to keep the music-affinity immortals from recovering and reviving their dark song. Clearing the massive corpses from the battlefield, so that more ants, and more beings of darkness could enter the field.

*************************************************************************************************************

“Hm? How the hell did I get here?” I said. My thoughts were groggy and disjointed. My head was pounding.

I could have sworn I’d been wandering through an empty region of space, just a few seconds ago. Now I floated in a vast and empty void, with Jack floating at my side as a cloud of nebulous darkness. She was looking concerned, but ultimately she seemed okay. Which is what kept me from panicking in my moment of disorientation.

“Thanks, Calloway. You really saved our asses there,” said a voice. 

The voice belonged to my boss, Seren. His sister Dana was there too. They were both in their true forms, identical jagged masses of black and white possibility, chaotic magics, and stellar energy.

“Uh…Don’t mention it?” I said. My mental database quickly played back the last few…centuries to remind me of what happened in the last few seconds.

In time, my memory was properly jogged and I soon found myself recalling what had just taken place and it seemed that I’d apparently half-died. Actually, that’s a bit dramatic. If I’d half-died Jack wouldn’t just be floating there passively. It’s more that I willingly, and temporarily, disconnected a lot of the controls that held my body, spirit, and soul together.

The war was over. Our side, the Division, the House of Antipodes, and the Empty-Society had won, and apparently, we’d one thanks to me. “I”, and most of the other members of the Empty-Society had still been too weak to fight the heavy hitters of the DSO directly. However, we didn’t need to fight them directly. That could still be left to the old monsters in the Division and the House of Antipodes. I’d just needed to act as the living payload for a certain weapon of mass destruction.

Put plainly, my powers of nothingness perfectly countered the resonance, sound, and music-based powers used by the DSO’s agents and leaders. They used the laws of order and disorder to keep the House and the Division on their toes, but nothingness sort of nullified everything. If I were stronger I could have directly just gone after all their people with ease. In fact, there was apparently another nothingness-based eidola who used to scare the piss out of the DSO. Keeping the group humble, quiet, and well-behaved, while that other being of nothingness served as the House of Antipodes’ Mister Gray.

Unfortunately, that guy ended up becoming an immortal-emperor or something, and once he ascended to the higher-planes with his empire, the rules of the cosmos, and his own personal disinterest in most of the stuff happening down here, kept him from meddling in the material plane’s state of affairs.

My nothingness could still be used the same way, however. I just needed an external energy source to make it happen. Dana and Seren acted the fuse and detonate for the bomb, Using their power to bring my power to the necessary level to kick the DSO in the short and curlies. Then I essentially exploded, briefly becoming an endless sea of all-consuming nothingness, and then doing even more damage as my body pulled itself back together.

Blowing myself up as living-bomb, might have seemed a little risky, but honestly, I’d progressed enough, that most of the apparent risks were now negligible. My core-nature and core-essence both carried certain elements of inevitability that basically assured, that I’d recover from pretty much any kind of damage. In fact, blowing up as I had, had in fact resulted in my overall strength being greatly increased because all that music and the essence of everything I’d consumed as a sea of violent nothingness was added to my core-body, and digested by my spirit and soul.

*************************************************************************************************************

“Alright, it looks like everything’s basically been settled here…A few members of the DSO ‘did’ manage to escape to their allies in other sectors of the cosmos, but that’s fine…According to Director Kaylan, We just needed to push them out of this corner of the cosmos…” said Kalpana.

“Great…Okay, sweetie…Let’s get you back home, okay?” said Jack. Turning to me.

“Mhm, sure…Home sounds nice…” I said. Still absent-minded and loopy, because I wasn’t 100-percent back to feeling like myself yet.

 

3