134: Overfull
23 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was a vast sea of nothingness, a vast aperture leading into a space of churning void, slowly undulates and pulses as it draws itself close. There were screams, roars, curses, and pleading within its depths. There were prayers, and pleas for help. Prayers and pleas that went unanswered, because even the mortal and immortal rulers were unable to save themselves, never mind aiding their supplicants. There were lights and flashes from spells and bits of high-end technology being used…All to no avail.

The nothingness was unavoidable, unescape, inevitable. Those fragments, and shades, trapped within it were fated to be broken down, crushed, torn, torn, and ground away, until they had been silenced and fully digested. There was no alternative to this fate. They were all food for the sea of nothing. Their sweat, tears, and blood were the ink for a new chapter of an endless archive regarding the life and times of a certain now, largely-defunct, group of eldritch beings.

The more it swallows, the more it grew. The more it swallows, the more it grew. The more it swallowed, the bigger its wide, all-encompassing, maw. Thus this seemingly endless sea of nothingness expanded. Consuming countless worlds, stars, and countless souls. Growing more potent and more powerful with each passing second.

*************************************************************************************************************

*Urp*...Pardon me, if I’m a bit less than agreeable right now, but right now, I’m feeling more bloated than I’ve ever been in my life. For once in my life, the empty feeling that has been chasing me since I first realized that I was, would-be, have always been the Empty-Archivist, is gone. I am full….Fuller than full. Part of it was, because thanks to being utilized in a doomsday spell like I was made out of yellow-cake, I’d ended up swallowing *oof*...I can’t even count the number of multiverses I’ve swallowed up.

The only thing I can say is that the amount of destruction that I’ve caused, and the number of worlds and eldritch beings now digesting inside me, has given me a new appreciation of the vastness of the cosmos. It’s like watching several empires disappear and realizing that the world was actually much bigger than they were despite the way people seemed to treat them like they were the center of the world. Its a gloomy feeling, awful in the original ancient context as inspiring both awe and fear.

I am uncomfortable. I am bloated. I am restless. I am…growing. I am…afraid. I have this feeling that once this fullness has lapsed. I will be even emptier than I’ve ever been. Nothingness is a bit like fire. Feeding us, expands us. Everything that now fills my gullet will soon turn into absence. A negative sum that’ll join the nothingness of my greater-self. I am doing all I can to master the energies flowing within me, and master the movements of my mind and body. I do not wish to turn into an out-of-control fire.

My wives, my friends, my allies, my employers, my employees, and the citizenry of the myriad worlds that are currently my control, and will soon be under my control, require me to stay sane and whole. If I lose it, they’ll die and I’ll have to be banished into the void. It’ll be too dangerous to allow me to stay in material reality, and I’ll thankfully be too stupid to find my way back after being banished.

No worries, though. I’m pretty sure I’ll be fine. Jack, Kal, Hong Mirae, Kian, Yuval, and Ellison were helping me stay stable. They were helping me stay calm. You know how when you're a little kid, having your mom, or your friends, pretend the “ouchie” is normal keeps you from making too big a deal of it?... Like you actually feel it less, because they act like you shouldn't be that hurt?... I was having those kinds of vibes. They believed I could pull through this, so I would pull through this. I had no choice…I mean what I was gonna do, look like a goober in front of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 babes? No way.

Luckily, I didn’t need to worry about the Empty-Societies Enemies choosing now to attack. I mean a few idiots have already tried, but I wasn’t worried about that in the least. At most, it was just super annoying to have people rushing towards my enormous mass and committing suicide like that. Because, there’s no other way to describe throwing yourself at a mass of barely stable nothingness like they were doing, than to call it a purposeful and willing act of self-annihilation.

Of course, my wives were less than pleased with the perpetrators and the factions that were behind those perpetrators, but they weren’t letting me worry about that. Jack, Yuval, and Kal would just head out of the house every now and then and come back smelling of blood and smoke, and magic.

This was maybe a bad thing, because those three women were some very foxy women, and I admit in my current state it was easy to get one’s wires crossed and make odd associations. I didn’t need to be popping boners every time I killed some fools. People would think I was a pervert. I mean, I’m pretty sure they already think that, for some unfathomable reason, but I’d rather more people didn’t start thinking that.

 

2