A request
248 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Several days had passed since Elena had first got sick. Devin had skipped all of his classes just to nurse her.

“Don’t you have to go to school?” Elena had asked.

“Nah, I have a lot of attendance piled up. I used to go to school almost everyday.”

Such was his reply every time Elena asked him such questions. He had no intention to leave her alone with her cold.

With the help of Devin’s nursing Elena was able to make a quick recovery. Not a day had passed when Devin left her unattended. From changing the water of her wet towel to cooking soups for her. Devin had done everything he could.

He was a messy person who always used to get in trouble. These types of stuff weren’t his forte. But even so he did his best.

The change in attitude in Devin’s nature came because of her cold. Before she was just a girl trying to make use of just another innocent boy. But now? She was just a sick patient and Devin felt no shame in helping her. What’s more? Devin was grateful to have company.

Whenever Elena felt sad about being a bother to Devin. Devin told her stories of his childhood to cheer her up. He mostly focused on the funny moments and avoided the bad days. The bad days were something he wanted to keep to himself.

They spoke for hours and hours with Devin sharing his stories and Elena asking for more. From time to time Devin would encourage Elena to speak about her childhood too, since he felt he was the only one taking the spotlight.

But,  there was only one reply he would always get.

“I will tell you everything… but for that, you have to marry me first.”

And every time Devin would roll his eyes.

***

“I think I have got much better,” Elena said as she placed the back of her hand on her forehead.

Her temperature had more or less returned to normal.

“Good to hear. Looks like my hard work has paid off.”

Devin’s grin could no longer be contained.

“Thanks,” Elena said in a meek tone.

Elena fixed her gaze in his eyes as she stared at him with need and admiration. She was falling more and more in love with Devin as she realized how incredible he was. The stories that Devin had shared with her helped them to connect with each other as if they had known each other for years!

Both of them stared at each other as they shared such a minute of romantic silence.

*cough*

Devin broke the awkward silence as he smiled wryly.

“I am going to cook. You lay down and take rest.”

Devin got up from his siesta position but Elena pulled him by his arms.

“Please not today. You have been working so hard for me, let me cook for today”

“But…”

Devin couldn’t speak. His lips were sealed by Elena’s hand. She looked at him with puppy eyes as they somewhat turned moist.

“Fine”

Saying so he gave up. With a long and low sigh he went back to his place as he switched places with Elena.

Elena knew what she was doing. And yet she was scared of making any bad food. She had no idea of Earth’s cuisine. So she just copied what she saw Devin doing every day and made noodles instead.

They had a good meal as they shared some good memories. Devin told her another one of his stories. Being a troublemaker he had lots of stories up his sleeve.

“Devin, I…,” Elena opened her lips but stopped remembering last time how angry Devin had gotten.

For better or worse Elena knew that the only reason Devin was so kind to her was because she was sick. And Devin didn’t see what she was doing in a good light.

“I know”

Devin held his chin.

“Is it really important?”

Elena nodded her chin frantically so much so that her long hair fluttered in the air. She had most of her hair tied to a bun but whatever else that flowed from her shoulders gave her a glorious look.

Devin slammed his hands on his thighs as he got up,

“Okay, I have thought about it. And I have decided that I am willing, but I have a condition.”

“Condition?”

Elena tilted her head thinking what might it be. She might be maintaining a poker face outside but in her heart she was scared. What if it turns out to be something impossible for her?

Devin ducked closer and whispered a few words in her ears. 

It was quite unusual. Why did he feel the need to whisper even though there was no one else in the room? It just showed how embarrassed he felt to make such a request.

Elena’s face grew red. It was as red as a fresh tomato. She placed her hand on her cheek trying to hide her blushing but alas it was of no use.

She looked up at him as he pulled away. Her eyelids blinked. His cheeks too had a tinge of red.

‘If it’s him then it's okay.’

“You will keep your promise right?”

Elena asked as she blinked thinking of her options. She was having a tough time preparing herself for it.

“I am 90% sure I will definitely keep my promise”

Elena nodded.

“Okay, then.”

With her cheeks still, red Elena lowered herself and laid down on the white bed. Her body rested on her stomach with her face facing downward and resting on her own hands.

But she couldn’t help but bite her lips. She had no idea what was kept in store for her.

Devin leaned closer. Her finger tip toeing closer to Elena. He pinched the end of her skirt and slowly lifted it upwards revealing her butt covered by her white panties.

“Mhm!” 

She could feel her skirt brushing through her skin, making shivers run through her spine.

The thought of being seen alone was enough to make her whole body stiff with embarrassment. She hid her face within her palms resisting the urge to get up and run away!

*Gulp*

“Beautiful...” Devin uttered.

3