Chapter 6 – Too much of a shock
204 5 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuan leaned closer to Yuyu that was left laying on the ground. 

Beta saw on how Yuan had stared at her owner which angered her. 

"Hey! Stop-" 

Before she could finish. Yuan spoke midway. 

"Isn't this an Imperial jade?" 

Yuan asked curiously as he held Yuyu's necklace in his hand. 

"It looks a lot like the necklace I gave to my wife. Such rich color." Yuan added. 

"Wife?" Beta asked confused. You have a wife? You look like a 14 year old boy. 

"Well it has been a very long time since I saw her, this little girl looks a lot like her."

 Yuan smiled as he let go of the necklace and started to brush Yuyu's long ash grey hair in his hands.

"Okay. Okay." Beta raised her paw and touched her little forhead. "I understand you have a wife. " she spoke lazily. "But take your hands off from the Princess!" Beta spoke angrily. 

Beta went closer to Yuyu and leaned on her hand.

"Princess? What a nice name." Yuan spoke softly as he retrieved his hands. 

Beta wanted to reply. Princess wasn't the little girl's name.

"Mm." 

Yuyu's voice spoke out. She was slowly regaining consciousness but she was still asleep. 

"Princess, thank goodness." Beta cried happily. She rubbed her head into the palm of Yuyu, which made her very happy.

"Anyways, I need to dispose the bodies." Yuan slowly rose up but a petite hand gripped his shirt.

"D-dont.." Yuyu spoke in a low tone but it was enough for Yuan to hear. 

He gently took the hand that was gripping his shirt and slowly returned it to the ground. 

But Yuyu once again gripped Yuan's shirt tightly.

"Dont, go." Yuyu's eyes were glistening with tears.

She felt that if she would let go, she would lose that person. 

"I....I need to dispose the bodies before someone sees it." Yuan once again tried to make Yuyu's grip loosen but the child wouldn't accept it. 

Beta noticed on how her owner was behaving.

 She held her paw up high and spoke, "No need. I'll do that myself." and a small fire started to float in her paw. 

The fire moved according to her commands and burned the bodies until ash remained. She didn't forget to burn the van as well. 

Wind blew the ashes away that slowly dissipated. The only thing remaining on the ground was a pair of Obsedian earrings.

It didn't burn. All because it was a defensive item.

Beta closed her paw and hopped closer to the earrings. She held the earrings tight and returned to Yuyu. 

Yuan stared at Beta moveless. 

Beta thought that the boy was too shocked because of her doing magic. 

This was a mortal world after all. 

"What? Too shocked?" Beta asked cunningly. 

Yuan gave out a shallow giggle. And  he replied, "Just a little." 

Beta's grin gradually turned into a frown. She spoke out, "Impossible! Why would you not be too shocked upon seeing me do magic!" 

Yuan sat down and patted Beta's head. He had a mocking grin in his face. 

Closing his eyes and raising his index finger up high, he replied, "Why would I?" and a small black flame appeared. 

"Its just been to long since I saw another doing magic. Specially, this is a mortal world." Yuan opened his eyes and was waiting for Beta's reply. 

"How!" Beta was deeply surprised. Aren't there only mortals living in Earth? How come this person knows magic!? 

But then she remembered something.

She stared at Yuan and then shifted her gaze to Yuyu's necklace. 

Her mouth was in an "O" shape because of her unexpected discovery.

"Hey? What's wrong?" Yuan asked worriedly when he saw the Rabbit's reaction.

Poor Beta, her little brain couldn't take the large amount of data in a short time. She collapsed and her eyes were spinning spirals.

"Oy!" Yuan shouted when he saw Beta faint. He reached his hand forward but gradually took it back. 

He sighed. 

He moved his gaze to look at the two that were laying on the ground. 

He took out his arms and carried Yuyu via princess style. He couldn't let the little girl lay down any longer on the cold road. 

Yuyu noticed someone carrying her, she wanted to scream but unexpectedly a warm feeling surge in her heart. 

She gripped Yuan's shirt tightly and leaned closer to his chest. 

The presence of his made her calm. If she finds her Daddy, will she also feel the same way too? 

Yuan raised his index finger again and Beta floated towards Yuyu and rested upon her chest. 

He turned around and jumped from the ground into the his apartment balcony that was on the third floor. 

He went inside and had Yuyu lay down on his bed. 

As he did so, he heard a rumbling noise. 

He was taken back and looked around the room to find the cause. Upon so, he realised it came from the tummy of the little girl and the rabbit. 

He gave out a short chuckle and went to the kitchen to cook.

Sizle. 

The smell of fried rice started spread. 

Yuyu who was asleep slowly opened her eyes. She rubbed her eyes slowly and looked around.

Huh?

She was confused. Wasn't she outside moments ago? 

And then she remembered that she was about to be kidnapped. 

But she knew that it was failure since when were kidnappers this nice.

"Mm...Princess?" Beta who had finally gained consciousness woke up later than her owner.

"Beta? Where are we?" Yuyu spoke in a low volume with hint of cautiousness. 

"Huh?" Beta looked up and found out they were in a room. 

"I dont know.." Beta added. 

"What happened earlier?" Yuyu touched her forehead.

"A man saved us, Princess." Beta spoke emotionally.  And then while looking at her memories, her eyes were slowly widening.

"And...and..he's.." Beta trembled as she spoke out. 

"He's the long lost king." Beta had tears in her eyes upon saying the name. How stupid of her, she actually tried to take dumb of  the king. 

"King..." Yuyu took a short while when she realised.

"M..my.." She trembled. 

As she was about to say 'Daddy' the door of the room suddenly opened. 

The smell of fried onion and garlic spread into the room. 

Yuyu turned her head. 

And saw a boy with a large plate on his hand. The two stared at eachother and a strange yet unique feeling rose. 

Yuyu rushed down from the bed and ran towards Yuan. 

She embraced Yuan tightly as tears fell on her face.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Yuyu showered the room with her cries. 

Yuan was about to drop the plate on his hand when the little girl suddenly ran towards him and embraced his tightly. 

He was surprised, but upon hearing the little girl call him 'Daddy' more shock came from him.

A 14-year old boy as a father.

2